[PTR Breaking News] Fetish Counters!

Witch Doctor
07/14/2014 10:49 AMPosted by Grimiku
For anyone who may be unaware, there is a bug with the Witch Doctor Fetish Sycophant summons from the passive replacing fetishes spawned from Fetish Army. We're still working on a solution for that issue, but it hasn't been implemented yet. It's currently on target to be fixed before 2.1 reaches live, though.

In addition to that, I have some more news about fetishes that some of you Witch Doctors will be glad to hear. Wyatt Cheng mentioned in the [url="http://us.battle.net/d3/en/blog/14766599/round-2-livestream-vod-now-available-7-11-2014"]Theorycraft Thursday livestream[/url] that we're also planning on adding two fetish counters, so that there is one for your Fetish Army and another for Fetish Sycophants.

We don't have a current ETA on when these will be implemented to the PTR, and as for the usual caveat, it could possibly be changed, especially since it's still in development.

Yay, they are adding fetish counters. And also fixing the annoying bug with FA and FS.
sahwweeet!
Who says Blizz don't listen... Very awesome change.
07/05/2014 06:15 PMPosted by PaulNg
6. Known Issues or Unsolved Mysteries

1. When casting Fetish Army, all existing fetishes will be wiped out.

This isn't addressed.
I was wondering when a counter would be added. Awesome :)
I wonder if since they will be separated by the counters, when you summon fetish army will it purge all your fetishes?
Pretty sure the same blue post was made 2+ months ago.

Old news.
It's a miracle!! Maybe I'll try using FS again after this change.
yes they said they were going to fix it in 2.1 a few months ago, but a lot of people lack patience or have a short attention span. Others failed to realize PTR is just a PTR and not a live patch, and panicked thinking it was overlooked when it didnt come in the first release. Nevertheless maybe this will help quell the masses.
Glad to see the response is well received.

A big thanks to our PTR testers, too! For those of you who have not yet given the PTR a shot, please consider doing so! We’re actively compiling the information that players are sharing with us in the PTR Feedback forum and every bit helps.
lol as simple as this may seem, it is one of my favorite fixes as it is totally unneeded but blizz is showing the love to WDs anyway :D
07/14/2014 11:12 AMPosted by Seth
This isn't addressed.

FWIW, Wyatt also said in the livestream that it's on him to fix the FA wiping FS bug. So it should be in the works, too. I'd guess in parallel to the fixes addressed above.
07/14/2014 05:12 PMPosted by RhymingDemon
lol as simple as this may seem, it is one of my favorite fixes as it is totally unneeded but blizz is showing the love to WDs anyway :D

Are you kidding? It is absolutely needed. If you are using zuni and you don't know how many fetishes are in your fetish army you never know whether you actually need to recast it. In T5 and above they often die fighting elites but you can't tell at all until you stand still and nothing is around you. And if you are using fetish army and fetish sycophants then you will never be able to tell.

If the bug causing FA to despawn FS isn't fixed and counters for both aren't added this patch I will be extremely disappointed. It's pretty absurd how many bugs they caused with patch 2.05 to being with, but that is another issue.
finally, can't wait till the fix actually becomes live now.
07/15/2014 08:33 AMPosted by JLo
If you are using zuni and you don't know how many fetishes are in your fetish army you never know whether you actually need to recast it.

They don't teach you how to count in public school? You can't observe a lower frequency in fetish crits? This change absolutely is not needed. It is a nice QoL tool, but not needed in the least.
Le Sigh....I wasn't going to respond to this

Fetish counter is one of the MOST un-needed things in the game. Recasting of your FA should be normal practice anyway. Who cares how many are out?...don't things die fast enough?

I have a standard practice anyway, during/after a nasty elite battle, the recast of FA is automatic anyway, its habit now.

And yes I use a full zuni with my FA/SMK build, I like to have them up all the time and not left to chance of them not being there when I need them....call me odd, but that's how I roll :P

I could care less how many are out tbh, as I know how many I have out at any given time.

BTW?...It will be interesting to see what they do about pet collision, especially in a group of (4) pet docs fighting for the same "hit box"....
I hope this incoming ptr update is good!
PTR change:
http://www.reddit.com/r/Diablo/comments/2b0icu/ptr_changes_fetish_army_no_longer_reset/

Summoning FA no longer kills FS
FS no longer kill FA
FS cap is 15 and FA does not count towards that cap

Wrathful Protector does not double dip in BBVs (snapshot the damage)

Pets health has been decreased. FS fetishes are squishy to white enemies in higher grifts.

Current bugs:
http://www.reddit.com/r/Diablo/comments/2b0l2y/ptr_midnight_feast_and_burning_dogs_bugged_or/
Midnight feast doesn't work on Garg
TMF burning dog aura damage is way too low
07/18/2014 12:18 PMPosted by MCP
Summoning FA no longer kills FS
FS no longer kill FA
FS cap is 15 and FA does not count towards that cap

This makes me happy.

07/18/2014 12:18 PMPosted by MCP
Wrathful Protector does not double dip in BBVs (snapshot the damage)

Pets health has been decreased. FS fetishes are squishy to white enemies in higher grifts.

Current bugs:
http://www.reddit.com/r/Diablo/comments/2b0l2y/ptr_midnight_feast_and_burning_dogs_bugged_or/
Midnight feast doesn't work on Garg
TMF burning dog aura damage is way too low

This sadden's me
glad to see that FA isnt counting towards the cap. the way it was worded in the known issues post had me believing that all fetishes total were capped at 15.

pet health hasnt been decreased, that is misleading. They fixed the bug where the code that was causing the monster toughness to scale was causing the pet toughness to scale as well. that wasnt intended i am sure.