Challenge: Toughest class to play on HC

Hardcore
Hello all...

What is the toughest class to play on HC. My friend leveled a WD and found it too easy. He wants a challenge...

What should I dare him with?
Wizard.

It's like the WD, but without the huge am ount of damage redu ction (share dmg with dogs, ukhapian serpent, etc etc.)...squishiest most nervewracking class in the game.
Currently (live) Demon Hunter

Season 1: Barbarian will be the only class without a 2nd life passive, but I'd probably say Wizard as their 2nd life passive is probably the worst of the bunch and they lack some of the punch I feel Barbarian has. Thoughts anyone?

Note: Focusing just on leveling.
Just on leveling, with no paragon, no diamonds in armours and no ruby in your weapon. in 2.1 I believe the hardest class would be a wizard. Goodluck not getting ROF stomped. well anyone could do it on pre torment.

I say play whatever class you haven't played yet--all have their advantages. Offer different playstyles and keeps things interesting.

hardest chars to level to 70 I don't think even matters or should be considered at all. It should matter past T4--because that's when the game starts actually.

You want a challenge or a non FOLM char--roll wizard or monk--both are days in distance behind in effectiveness, until end game geared then your just a few countries away.
Hardest to level up are Wiz, Monk, and (current) DH.

My first "Tarja" (fire wiz) made it to level 68 in expert mode. Re-rolled and got to level 70, but it wasn't easy even with level reduction/marquise gems. Tristania was level up pre 1.06, so I can't comment of her based on current live or 2.1.

Wiz is my suggestion for your friend and have him do it all in Torment levels... :D
Most squishy is DH but after m6 it is ez mode
dh and wizard are the "squishy-est" for sure atm. In 2.1, however, dh benefits from strdex and has more ehp than barb. Wizard got some nice buffs, but they're all offensive rather than defensive...I would say go with wiz, but that was also the first class to start farming mid-level torments after RoS came out. Hmmm...

For now, I'd say dh. Once 2.1 hits and seasons start, I'd say that any of monk/barb/crusader will be tough at first.
I would say either the Monk or a Bowless DH.
I'm leveling my monk, 18 hours - lvl 66... no problems at all (Normal)... just finish malthael, and after that, aim for bounties (adventure) go for the "clear all monster in cave XXX" and you will get to 70 in no time...
07/14/2014 03:52 PMPosted by xMCMF
I'm leveling my monk, 18 hours - lvl 66... no problems at all (Normal)... just finish malthael, and after that, aim for bounties (adventure) go for the "clear all monster in cave XXX" and you will get to 70 in no time...

Is anything really that difficult on normal though?...
OP didn't really specify what difficulty, I am assuming that they would start on at least Expert if the felt the game was too easy.

You are right though, Lykotic, almost any class can finish the game on normal with no hiccups.

Getting to 70 is only half the fun though. Keeping that character alive post 70 in Torment level content is where the tricky bit is.
07/14/2014 10:52 AMPosted by Proletariat
Currently (live) Demon Hunter

My DHs would agree. Although the Wizard is another vulnerable class, my own Demon Hunters sometimes suffered from not dishing out as much damage as was needed when they were locked down in close quarters. I’m looking forward to leveling a new Hunter as soon as 2.1 drops.
Wizard is a pretty tough class.

Their "second life" passive isn't much of a second life more than it is just a countermeasure to make sure you don't die in one shot from molten.

On top of being really squishy, they really don't even compare to other classes in terms of DPS.

You'll probably spend 100 hours to farm perfect gear so you can slack behind a WD who just found Mask of Jeram.

It's a fun class no doubt, but after playing and losing my WD and Sader (both to dc's =\), Wizard is the class to go if you want a challenge.

The new firebird set is pretty beast on PTR, but it just bottlenecks Wizards into fire damage being the only build past t4.
There was a similar thread to this a week or two ago. In it I stated the obvious. All real HC MANLY players play DH. When ladders first start it's the initial level 70 HC DHs that get my praise.

It is one of the most unforgiving classes in HC.
I got pretty mad last time my DH died, like a week before RoS. Didn't even achive her, just made a new one and promised myself no more DH after this one. Named her appropriately.
If you wait till 2.1, Awareness is turning into an avoid death passive (activates smokescreen upon fatal damage) which is pretty nice.
Right now it has to be dh with no second life

Wizard is easy, so many defensive skills and passives, it doesn't take much to get your toughness to 15 -20 million.

A lot of cc too, black hole, slow time, many different freezing skills
07/14/2014 04:51 PMPosted by Araxom
My DHs would agree.

You play DH ??? really...??? And yet most of what has happened to DH from D3v to RoS M6 boon doggle actually happened???

I thought it happened because NO-ONE at Blizzard played DH.

And it's going to happen again in 2.1.. I can not be suprised anymore.

After 2.1 launches :

DH will be Tank and Spank Rapid Fire build once again.... Woop Teee Dooooooooooooooo... !

Please sit down with the DeV team and as someone to RE-EVALUATE the DH like you did the MONK in 1.7or 1.8 or something.. please... Mix in or add in some RANGED gameplay !
07/14/2014 10:48 AMPosted by Madmacabre
What is the toughest class to play on HC. My friend leveled a WD and found it too easy. He wants a challenge...

What should I dare him with?

I feel like Barbarian is a solid choice for your friend, since it's not at all like a Witch Doctor. As far as challenge goes, sometimes playing an unfamiliar class is enough, but sometimes an unfamiliar class with the difficulty turned a little high is where its at. Either way I hope you guys have fun out there in the wilds of Sanctuary.
Well, I have 1 of each Class except for DH. I managed to level 1 to 70, but it popped very early on during the release of RoS. (Chain freeze and arcane).

So my vote goes to DH.