Enforcer gem bringing the hate down on WDs

Witch Doctor
So the max CC bonus to pets has now been confirmed to be only 40%, not 95% or whatever. Still all I see across the forums is NERFNERFNERF WD OP. Isn't that kind of selfish? People should ask for buffs not nerfs. Having mained a WD since D3V launch, it bums me out when people hate on my class. Aside from that, I believe that gem is balanced and here's why:

Unkillable Pets is not OP. They are my damage. If my pets die, I can't do jack and that can't be said for any class that doesn't use pets; they can always do their regular amount of damage if they're simply alive.

Also, pets' damage cannot be aimed. A pet class does not have the advantage of strategically focusing their damage and killing problematic monsters. Pets are gonna attack which ever monster they feel like. This major drawback, I think, justifies the damage boost of the 40% CC of the gem.
20% from each gem?

Capped at 40%?

Or?

What do u mean by instead of 95%?
For a while it was believed that at Rank 50 the Enforcer gem would provide 95% crit chance to pets.

Here...

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/13437433817#7

.. they are saying the max in the next PTR patch (and probably til live) will be 40%.
Heh, it's not like our pets could proc things like Solanium, don't see the hate for it.

Serpent Sparker Hexing builds could also benefit from the crit too, probably marauder sentries as well. What's the fuss about?
Each gem 40%?

I run with 59% with paragon.

40% undying pets is good. Serpent with zombie dog.

40% is already an insane boost.

There are worse things we should be worried about.

We are the only class to require just 2 pieces moj and T&T and rest can be crafted to comfortably do t4-t5
07/17/2014 12:29 AMPosted by SpeedWeed
We are the only class to require just 2 pieces moj and T&T and rest can be crafted to comfortably do t4-t5


Crusader with Foote and bounce shield can do t4-5 comfortably
Zdps Monk can do t5-6 in group with only their helm and fist weapon

And TnT is rarer than all those items..
I thought people only hated the WD because he replaced the Necro....
*hides behind e-rock*

I'm praying to get the gem in PTR just because of the insta-kill jailer effect... and that a lot of the fast creeps go straight for the WD. Blizz seems to want a lot of toon running involved in the GRs. Stand still and you're dead. Good bye channeling spells. I suddenly feel bad for my wiz.

my syco would crit for 10-12M unbuffed. I can't even talk about buffs since there's nothing to trigger harrington's in a GR, and the potency of the elite effects means you'll be running out of bbv umbrella to live. I actually need those pets not to die and to keep getting crits to do significant damage (caveat, I don't have godly gear).

I guess people will always hate when they see a single fetish crit for more than their toon. That considered, I agree with OP.
The reason for the nerf to gems is because Blizz wants the gems to be able to have an infinite amount of ranks...so they lowered the base Rank 1 of the gems. Makes sense for the long term of the game and not much to do with classes themselves.
Can we use two of the same gem?
they are legendary gems, so i'd say no. just like how using 2 SoJ's isnt possible.

personally im glad they nerfed it. keeping it at 95% would lead to some absurd re-gearing where crit chance was totally eschewed. even at 45% getting the remaining 55% on your gear isnt terribly difficult.
07/17/2014 11:49 AMPosted by MCP
Can we use two of the same gem?


They are unique equipped.
07/16/2014 11:57 PMPosted by Alex
Still all I see across the forums is NERFNERFNERF WD OP. Isn't that kind of selfish? People should ask for buffs not nerfs.


So true! I hated the WD for replacing the Necromancer, but once i tryed it, i have only been playing WD and leveled a DH to farm keys fast.
Major nerfs to the WD could make me stop playing Diablo 3 all together. Buffs to other classes could make me main another class.

Join the Conversation

Return to Forum