*facepalm* at people who don't understand wizards

Wizard
https://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/skannerz22-1637/hero/36751866

it will claim my damage is 355630 when on the armoury or inspecting

and everyone seems to ignore my passive skills and my boot enchant and my disintergrate has intensify

so in fact everything combined causes me to do around 600k-800k with 1mill-3mill crits i have seen on the screen the standing still not attacking anything base is 404k (also bigger than what it shows inspecting and armoury)

i also have a lot of resource reduction so i can do more damage for a longer time

then in archon my normal damage is 1mill-3mill and basically double that for crits and i turn into a tank

so i don't see what everyones problem is when i am in torment 6

due to being a wizard.. as long as someone else is tanking the stuff 90% of the time then i am fine

armour and inspect doesn't show the correct stats which is on me while i'm fighting

it's basically rich people complaining of anyone who doesn't have as much money as them that walks into some restuarent they usually eat at
in total i do 65% more damage with disintergrate than it visually shows

if i go into archon then it's another 42%..... 65+42=107% more damage for 20 seconds if something dies during archin then it's another 6% to a total of 113% more damage for how ever long is left

so inspecting me then kicking is a silly thing to do because clearly those people failed at maths

and storm armour randomly attacks things for 147% weapon damage ontop of everything which isn't included in the "damage" stats inspecting or armoury shows
you shouldn't even be in T1

3 million crits pfft
07/18/2014 02:13 AMPosted by shadey

3 million crits pfft
i only really need to find a better weapon and at the moment that's very hard because afterall THUNDERFURY, BLESSED BLADE OF THE WINDSEEKER
07/18/2014 02:13 AMPosted by skannerz22
in total i do 65% more damage with disintergrate than it visually shows

if i go into archon then it's another 42%..... 65+42=107% more damage for 20 seconds if something dies during archin then it's another 6% to a total of 113% more damage for how ever long is left

That's not how the game works.

The bonuses are multiplicative and stack off the weapon damage of your skills. If you don't deal damage, your bonuses are still not going to deal much damage.

Archon's bonuses are multiplicative from your base unbuffed stats. Each 6% per kill is also based off your unbuffed stats.

Anyway, back to bonuses. You don't have the gear that's anywhere optimized for, well... anything, especially for Torment VI. High Torment levels are designed for players who are maxed or near maxed out in terms of stats and gear. This also includes Paragon levels as those stats quickly add up to make up for deficiencies in gear.

350K DPS is quite low for Torment VI, especially 350K DPS with virtually no focused stats and bonuses on gear. Even if you're attempting to run a support-based build (which, by your profile, you're not), the skills and stats aren't optimized to do so. You got some work to do, buddy, so get to it!

For many Torment VI capable wizards, you have to effectively deal 100M+ damage per second, which, in comparison to more powerful specs of other classes (Pet/Jade witch doctors, Marauder demon hunters, shotgun crusaders), isn't even that great. I say 100M because more powerful wizard builds like those centered around Wand of Woh can pull off around 20M damage per Explosive Blast. It's one of the more "efficient" routes a Torment VI wizard can take nowadays. Archon works, too, and it's easy to see ramped up damage of 50M+ per tick from Disintegration Wave when the buffs are up.

For me personally, I tend to pull off around 50-60M damage per Explosive Blast and upward of 100M per blast when I have Harrington Waistguard active.

3M damage from crits... that's... not quite enough for Torment VI.
you need a better everything, gear, spell choice, reforging, gems, maybe read up more on your class in the wiz forums as opposed to try to blame other people for legit kicking you.

Maybe ur trolling but your 1 toon suggests you might just be a newbie, but you'll continue to get kicked with that attitude from public games.
07/18/2014 02:17 AMPosted by skannerz22
07/18/2014 02:13 AMPosted by shadey

3 million crits pfft
i only really need to find a better weapon and at the moment that's very hard because afterall THUNDERFURY, BLESSED BLADE OF THE WINDSEEKER

You will need all perfect gems, set items and a lot of things else for doing T6. My suggestion for you is finding a clan or community, do at lease 1000 bounty in NORMAL mode to understand this game. I can tell that the only good thing in your gear is the belt. Your everything else is bad, a single weapon solve nothing. Anyway why the hell did you roll the Lightning damage on your helm??
What YOU dont seem to understand is that all classes have passives, ability bonuses, etc...

You're a newbie, you're ignorant, that's fine, but you're also an arrogant jerk "know it all", and thats not fine.
OP your crap gear and understanding of game core mechanics suck. You clearly have started just recently and don't know about efficiency & fun. 3 million crit is laughable, also 'tanking' as a concept is laughable especially for a wizard & diablo games
*facepalm x1000*

Op, I advise you to start playing at t1 with your 3mil crits. And if you really want to roll in t6, play solo. Don't join a group. There are many deadweight in t6 trying to leech off top players. Don't be one of them.

Also I advise you to change your thread title. It is embarrassing you.

Lastly, don't bark back at any previous comments commented by other players. It will make yourself look even more embarrassed.
I do 12-15 mil crits, my pets to 10-65 mil crits and i still dont play in Public T6 games, figure that.
Im not trying to be mean or anything, but if you were in my T6 group while i was on my x5 turret 50%cdr DH... I would laugh at you and votekick you right away.

It's insulting when people join your group with gear they spent 2hrs farming, and think they have the right to leech off you.

We dont spend 200hrs + getting 90-100% rolls on very specific items to make our builds perfect, to carry people who spend half an afternoon equiping whatever they find just because it's all they could get and it doesnt even match up with other items or skills to make a good build.
If you think you belong in t6 with that you have been very fortunate not to have been kicked in most every game previously.

Try playing t2 or 3 solo and maybe you will be more thankful.
You are very powerful and can play public t6 games with no problem
07/18/2014 02:08 AMPosted by skannerz22

LOL, you should apply your topic title to yourself. Even if your effective in game DPS were twice your sheet DPS it would still be to low for T6.

07/18/2014 03:01 AMPosted by stranger
OP your crap gear and understanding of game core mechanics suck. You clearly have started just recently and don't know about efficiency & fun. 3 million crit is laughable, also 'tanking' as a concept is laughable especially for a wizard & diablo games

07/18/2014 03:49 AMPosted by SanZo
Also I advise you to change your thread title. It is embarrassing you.

07/18/2014 02:40 AMPosted by Flammy
What YOU dont seem to understand is that all classes have passives, ability bonuses, etc...

You're a newbie, you're ignorant, that's fine, but you're also an arrogant jerk "know it all", and thats not fine.

So OP :
1) You're trolling or
2) You're masochist and eager to humiliate yourself.

In T6 i would kick you out without any second thought.

This topic is utterly ridiculous.
Okay.

I do 850k dps

...and then add in my 78% fire and 52% elite dmg and I do 2.275M elemental / elite (which you have ZERO of btw) damage

...and then 46% cooldown reduction for spamming my spells even faster

...and then I have 70% Area Damage with my close range EB that bursts on everything

..and then I clump em all together with blackhole and increase damage even further

..and then with my EB I do it 12x because of my weapon, and then 44% more dmg from my gear

..and then when I stand still 10% more damage and 40% more tanking resists

...and then I use MM conflag with x2 missles

..and then I buff all my dmg by 15% with ET debuff

..and then I spam more ET cuz I have 25% fire resource reduction with cindercoat

...and then

...and then...and then

and then you wake up and realize everyone has a AND THEN, so you understand that 350k sheet unless you're a Zdps monk (which would be a pretty bad one) just doesn't cut it!

I don't care if you have 65% CDR, 70% elite dmg, 120% elemental, 45% skills x2 with 300+ adds damage on both rings and 2.4+ APS and a world of 'and then' passives/gear to support your build..350k dps just doesn't cut it.

Please consider joining T2 games, learn your build and gear up more! Lightning is getting a nice buff soon too.
then in archon my normal damage is 1mill-3mill and basically double that for crits and i turn into a tank

Are you for real? I really don't see the point of this post. It has to be a troll. It has to be, noone is that dim. Torment 6 elites have 400-700m hp. Your 3m crit aint gonna do jack. 10 mins for an elite pack? Also, people who do torment 6 crit for literally 30x of your damage. Geared WD fetishes crit for like 15m per fetish, and they have over 10 of them up. Jade docs crit for hundreds of million. Shotgun crusaders crit for 40m x 3. Are you for real man.

Seriously, most people will be quite displeased to carry you in t3, much less t6.
OP, you need to play the game some more with all the onscreen number displays so you can get a better feel at what's going on.

Please enable monster health and bars, damage numbers, crit numbers, healing numbers, player health, and permanent item display.

Your welcome.

Please also enable tooltips for further information
https://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/skannerz22-1637/hero/36751866

it will claim my damage is 355630 when on the armoury or inspecting

and everyone seems to ignore my passive skills and my boot enchant and my disintergrate has intensify

so in fact everything combined causes me to do around 600k-800k with 1mill-3mill crits i have seen on the screen the standing still not attacking anything base is 404k (also bigger than what it shows inspecting and armoury)

i also have a lot of resource reduction so i can do more damage for a longer time

due to being a wizard.. as long as someone else is tanking the stuff 90% of the time then i am fine

armour and inspect doesn't show the correct stats which is on me while i'm fighting

it's basically rich people complaining of anyone who doesn't have as much money as them that walks into some restuarent they usually eat at

you have NO business in t6. You should be in t2 MAX.
I can't decide if this is fail, or a great troll thread.