I like what I see...

Wizard
So datamined patch notes look pretty good... no more nerf of channeling... Lightning got some spenders...Also, I might drop black hole for Blizzard on my AT/Archon Source.... Probably not tho... but my cold wizard got a new toy...
Nothing in the patch notes seem to be game changing for wizards. Some small buffs to spells that no one ever uses won't really affect end game wizard performance.
07/17/2014 03:40 PMPosted by tommos
Nothing in the patch notes seem to be game changing for wizards. Some small buffs to spells that no one ever uses won't really affect end game wizard performance.

yeah but the channeling nerf is gone escpecially for AT and RoF
If that is true...

Electrocute - Forked lightning - Damage changed to FIRE... OMG! Not happy with that at all. Forked Lightning is the best lightning damage rune we have for Electrocute and they change it to fire damage. >_>
As is see it - the change is good for forked lightning.

Why? simple. Fire items rule D3. You can stack tons of fire damage.
Use that will electrocute, combine Velvet Camaral, Mayken's and WoW - boom, endgame "electric" build with great procs for legendary gems.

Isn't it great? it is in my opinion.
07/17/2014 03:52 PMPosted by MetalJet666
If that is true...

Electrocute - Forked lightning - Damage changed to FIRE... OMG! Not happy with that at all. Forked Lightning is the best lightning damage rune we have for Electrocute and they change it to fire damage. >_>

good thing is you got Lightning EB and Lightning blizzard and AT... Lightning finally got some good spenders which is why i think the change to forked lightning
It pleases me to see that Blizz is willing to go to pretty extreme lengths to get Wizards into a better place. I really like seeing the skill synergy being added to the Lightning element, where previously it was really lacking.

Ray of Frost is going to be hitting harder faster, and I see it becoming the go-to spender for pure-cold builds.

The fire version of Disintegrate it worth having a skill besides MM and Hydra for fire builds, though generally fire builds lack the CC you need to be channeling for long enough to get their channel on.

I can't wait to test it out. Unfortunately, the PTR will probably be a madhouse for at least the next day or two.
Those spenders suck.

07/17/2014 03:46 PMPosted by kasper301615
07/17/2014 03:40 PMPosted by tommos

Undoing a stupid nerf isn't what I'd like to call a "buff". And those lightning spenders are rubbish.
07/17/2014 04:01 PMPosted by tommos
Undoing a stupid nerf isn't what I'd like to call a "buff". And those lightning spenders are rubbish.

Uhh Lightning Arcane Torrent looks amazing. Even if you only channel for 3 seconds it's still average 705% weapon damage in addition to 2 x 150% weapon damage 'bolts'. It says the bolts trigger per missile, which sounds ridiculous if it works the same way as Cascade (i.e. there are 3 missiles per 'attack').
07/17/2014 04:08 PMPosted by JFactor

Uhh Lightning Arcane Torrent looks amazing. Even if you only channel for 3 seconds it's still average 705% weapon damage in addition to 2 x 150% weapon damage 'bolts'. It says the bolts trigger per missile, which sounds ridiculous if it works the same way as Cascade (i.e. there are 3 missiles per 'attack').

Used in conjunction with a nice Shard of Hate!
Those spenders suck.

07/17/2014 03:46 PMPosted by kasper301615

Ray of frost goes from 510% at live to near 1240% after 2 seconds if the datamined changes are correct No buffs, nothing to see, move along :)
They certainly did more than undoing a nerf. The upcoming channel spell changes are much more powerful than current live versions, especially Ray of Frost. 1240 dmg/sec at a mere 2 seconds of channeling and over? Huge buff. Over 100% from live, not even thinking of the current PTR version.