Finally got Nats Ring but...

Monk
I still feel so weak. Im running a Fire WOL build atm and prior to this, I was running an LTK build which seemed much more effective. However, it was too hard to find a GNK with 6 crit already rolled on it, so i decided to go with the WOL build. Could someone please tell me what I'm doing wrong here?
WOL's natural attack speed is about .75 attacks per second. So although it says 870% wep damage, it's way lower in actuality. I've found cyclone strike/palm build to be the best for monk (with sunwuko set and strong arm bracers) on live server(non ptr), except maybe for raiment jawbreaker, which i dislike.
Raiment ATM is good up until about T4. T5-6 you Dash in and do some damage and then run the risk of being 1-shotted by Elites and their affixes. I wouldn't mind if they changed Raiment 6 piece again, but they probably won't.

IMO it would make sense for the set to drastically change Fists of Thunder, considering the gloves and the skill share the same name.
why do you want nats ring, it's not worth it, get SoJ
07/20/2014 02:05 PMPosted by Lighter
why do you want nats ring, it's not worth it, get SoJ

Nats extra 7%crit is insane deeps. But then again, I thought I needed it to maximize my WOL build. Now, I see this build only working with lightning because of the sweeping wind proc. Dammit.
It's really not, considering what you give up for the 2 slots.

07/20/2014 02:07 PMPosted by H3NY

Nats extra 7%crit is insane deeps. But then again, I thought I needed it to maximize my WOL build. Now, I see this build only working with lightning because of the sweeping wind proc. Dammit.
07/20/2014 02:02 PMPosted by NecroSmokist
Raiment ATM is good up until about T4. T5-6 you Dash in and do some damage and then run the risk of being 1-shotted by Elites and their affixes.

Wrong...sooooo wrong.
Nat's ring was worth it pre-RoS definitely. Not anymore. It can't compete with the %damage increase of Soj, the 50% dmg reduction of Unity, or the 1 less set bonus slot of RoRG. Those are the only three rings for Monk to use right now.
07/20/2014 02:24 PMPosted by Carnage
Wrong...sooooo wrong.

i love how you can just write without argumenting.

That said, raiments is effective in t5 aswell, but unity trick is madatory. Guess with perfect %lightning dmg, perf resists and perseveration into nerding out untill your dashes are 100% sure to proc, along with a pack of aspirine each 35 mins, it can be viable for t6 too.
07/20/2014 01:59 PMPosted by jds
WOL's natural attack speed is about .75 attacks per second. So although it says 870% wep damage, it's way lower in actuality. I've found cyclone strike/palm build to be the best for monk (with sunwuko set and strong arm bracers) on live server(non ptr), except maybe for raiment jawbreaker, which i dislike.

+1
I sometimes wonder if IAS actually works on Monks spenders. It seems to deplete spirit like it does, yet I see no difference in cast time. Blizz please fix monks. I want to see LTK at the speed of a tornado, when I have a lot of IAS? not just run out of spirit and see no marginal difference in damage done.
people in here really trying to say raiment set is /barely/ /maybe/ T6 viable? lol @#!@%%@*# u guys?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XqIp5yXbcEM&list=UUPyKC4HOS7NaUD1iW4cKYbg

there are better ways to play this too, guy wasnt using epiph here
Raiment ATM is good up until about T4. T5-6 you Dash in and do some damage and then run the risk of being 1-shotted by Elites and their affixes. I wouldn't mind if they changed Raiment 6 piece again, but they probably won't.

IMO it would make sense for the set to drastically change Fists of Thunder, considering the gloves and the skill share the same name.

Hi Necro,
Rainment isn't for everyone, personally I think the set needs more dps and the jawbreaker distance is a bit high. However looking at your monk I don't see a jawbreaker so you can't really take advantage of the rainment set bonus; also I only saw lightning resist on chest, amulet, and belt. You'll need a lot more resists if you want to play T5 or 6. Regardless I hope you find a jawbreaker soon and have a chance to try out the rainment set in T4. It'll be really easy for you.
H3NY,
As others mentioned Monks typically use Royal Ring, SoJ, or Unity. Hopefully you can find a cindercoat to help you spam more WoL. I played around with WoL, but it was pretty rough it took too much spirit for low damage, even with Mythic rhythm.

Hope you find a GNK that you like....even if it isn't 6 crit it's still a good helm.
07/20/2014 05:20 PMPosted by Morgan
07/20/2014 02:24 PMPosted by Carnage
Wrong...sooooo wrong.

That said, raiments is effective in t5 aswell, but unity trick is madatory. Guess with perfect %lightning dmg, perf resists and perseveration into nerding out untill your dashes are 100% sure to proc, along with a pack of aspirine each 35 mins, it can be viable for t6 too.

Raiments is viable in T6 on Hardcore with Unity. That invariably means it's viable on Softcore without Unity. Hell there's a good chance I could go through a series of rifts on Hardcore T6 without a Unity and not die. I know this because I've been testing the set in Greater rifts 28-32, and those hit much harder than T6 mobs and die a lot slower for that matter.
07/20/2014 07:49 PMPosted by Snoo

Raiments is viable in T6 on Hardcore with Unity. That invariably means it's viable on Softcore without Unity. Hell there's a good chance I could go through a series of rifts on Hardcore T6 without a Unity and not die. I know this because I've been testing the set in Greater rifts 28-32, and those hit much harder than T6 mobs and die a lot slower for that matter.

I'm sure it is. But lot of people don't take great pleasure in simplest form of arcade gaming style of dashing in and out of edge of screen to center of screen.
07/20/2014 08:09 PMPosted by Jsachun

I'm sure it is. But lot of people don't take great pleasure in simplest form of arcade gaming style of dashing in and out of edge of screen to center of screen.

Sunwuko is viable in T6 as well at least on the current PTR no leg gems, I promise you. If I wasn't using Unity I'd probably use Desert Shroud though, but might not even have to given how heal-intensive the builds can be.

actually I clear t6 in under 12 minutes regardless of the map or elite combinations with 1 or 0 deaths....its called serenity - how can you die with such a spell and infinite dashes?
07/20/2014 07:03 PMPosted by Justinian
H3NY,
As others mentioned Monks typically use Royal Ring, SoJ, or Unity. Hopefully you can find a cindercoat to help you spam more WoL. I played around with WoL, but it was pretty rough it took too much spirit for low damage, even with Mythic rhythm.

Hope you find a GNK that you like....even if it isn't 6 crit it's still a good helm.

Thanks, I have all three things, SOJ, cinder and gnk. But im trying out a new build since they're nerfing EP and EP is needed for LTK build.

Lol!!! Do you even Monk 'bro'? It has been proven tons of times that T6 is PERFECTLY viable. Not only with Unity but without aswell. Use the proper Stormbreaker build and you will be able too (I checked your profile and your build is quite weird - Idk if you use that one or was just testing stuff).