Forced to play a certain character from lack of drops?

General Discussion
I guess game is working as intended:

500 hours on my wizard - never seen a WoH.

50 hours on my WD = full Jade and Pet sets (both Rehno and SMK)

I know RNG is RNG...but something just seems broken, when I have put 500 hours on a character and can't play the spec I want to play (EB)

Flame all you want, but I have put in more than enough time...the wizard forums is full of <200 paragon level wizs getting Woh's

I don't want to play a WD, I want to play my Wizard and I have put in the time....game needs to be fixed - simple as that, some gear is just to elusive.
I see your point but I think some items meant only for a lucky few and I'm fine with that. Wanting to get an ultra rare item and showing it off to people who don't have it are what keep me playing this pve only game.

500 hours? That's nothing comparing to years of farming in D2 and never seen nor accumulate enough wealth to afford some of the rarest items in that game. I guess I just got used to it.
I havent gotten Woh yet either or a Shard. I have seen them drop for others and I have gotten items they wish for such as The Furnace and Rimeheart. RNG is a cruel fokker, especially when you see another class get the item you want and you know theyre going to salvage it.
Yeah I am not really !@#$%ing, it just seems broken that both my petdoctor and jadedoctor can do end game T6 solo with ease, even better than my Wizard if I got a WoH.

I love the Wizard class, but only having the rarest item in the game (woh) to equal another class that can be geared via two specs which are more powerful in 1/10 the time, seems broken from an enjoyment perspective.

I personally only like to beat my head against the wall until it hurts, not when I die.
I guess game is working as intended:

500 hours on my wizard - never seen a WoH.

50 hours on my WD = full Jade and Pet sets (both Rehno and SMK)

I know RNG is RNG...but something just seems broken, when I have put 500 hours on a character and can't play the spec I want to play (EB)

Flame all you want, but I have put in more than enough time...the wizard forums is full of <200 paragon level wizs getting Woh's

I don't want to play a WD, I want to play my Wizard and I have put in the time....game needs to be fixed - simple as that, some gear is just to elusive.

Ah, sorry friend. I'm the one that's getting all your Wiz drops.

I now have (in HC) 4 Firebirds, 2 Vyr's, 2 Rasha's, Triumverate, Ball of Hate, Velvet Camaral, Shard of Hate, Wand of Woh, INT cold amulet, Thundergod's Vigor, Cindercoat, and String of Ears. All found in less than 140 hours.

Yet, as you stated... Wizard was not my main. Barb has always been my main and after well over 900 hours of barb play (D3V - Present), can't get any good barb gear.

I play all classes, so I wasn't devoting a lot of time to any other than Barb, but started to enjoy Wiz more.

Again, sorry for getting all of your drops. Nice job on the WD drops, though! :)
It took me over 1300 hours to find a Wand of Woh. I'm lucky mine was half-decent. I haven't found a single on of those helms that makes Electrocute bounce to twice as many targets.

I've found 3x Fate of the Fell and full Akkans though (within like 100 hours), and he's currently like 4x stronger than my Wizard with 1/4th the amount of time played.

Statistically, it's more probable that the development team just has some unaddressed bug that's been there since Vanilla than the RNG is so disproportionally non-Normal.

It's either that or they just !@#$ed up the item pool for some classes which results in other classes getting seemingly way more useful loot.

If anything the notion that this is just "RNG" is the least probable cause of how weighted this "RNG" seems to be.

I now have (in HC) 4 Firebirds, 2 Vyr's, 2 Rasha's, Triumverate, Ball of Hate, Velvet Camaral, Shard of Hate, Wand of Woh, INT cold amulet, Thundergod's Vigor, Cindercoat, and String of Ears. All found in less than 140 hours.

It's nothing more than Blizzard ninja-loot mechanics at work. This is intended, they just say it isn't because they don't want to fix the problem.

And at this point, I can almost predict my next loot drop. I haven't found anything remotely useful in weeks. Just keep getting "Neanderthal" and from Kadala I get the same !@#$ing shield over and over again.

It's not RNG. It's Blizzard trying to fix the RNG system to make their game last longer and then running into a problem while doing so and now here we are with broken %^- RNG.
There are people with 500 hours on WD and no Starmetal. So RNG is RNG, Relax. Celebrate how lucky you were on WD and carry a few wizards through T6.
you can play any build you want. you dont need woh. it might not be as efficient though.

i find that i pick a set up that i like playing, like my fire wiz. ive played it so much without woh, that if i were to find it, i wouldnt want it anymore since ive been using the skills all this time. though recently changed it up a little.

when i do finally get it, it wont be like, wow, its so much more fun now that its more efficient. besides, woh builds just look like you run around holding down EB. yay! (same with WW - also boring).
"Guess what number I'm thinking of between 1 and 10..." ---> you occasionally will.

"Guess what number I'm thinking of between 1 and 100..." ---> mmmm, probably not.
07/21/2014 12:49 PMPosted by Stinkoman
you can play any build you want. you dont need woh.

This isn't true. You can't use explosive blast as your main nuke if you don't have wand of woh.

You can't use fetish army as your primary source of damage if you don't have zunimassa's set.

etc.
The point I am making is in 50 hours on my WD, I have 3 specs:

1) Firedog
2) Jade
3) army with SMK

That can all farm T6 solo with ease. 3 specs not 1.

In 500 exact hours on my wizard I am pretty much stuck in T5 from an efficiency stand point compared to my WD with only 50 hours.

50 hours of play on a character yields three completely different builds and gear that can face roll T6

500 hours on a toon = no face roll T6

Broken, I would say again.
Let's ignore for a moment the failsafe legendary drop after x time of having none as it is not relevant. You have to understand probability for a moment. Let's also ignore that some items may or may not have a higher probability of dropping. Just - just ignore it.

Okay. Let's get into this. Every legendary drop that occurs for you has an independent probability of dropping. That means that just because one drops doesn't mean the chances for another legendary of any kind has a higher or lower chance of dropping. No drops affect the chance of other drops. So technically you could get 500 Blackthorne's Leggings in a row. Technically. Granted that is extremely improbable. your hand would pass through your desk before that happened. Actually it's the other way around, but low chances are low chances. It just won't happen.

It's possible that you will never see certain legendary items drop for you ever. Ever at all. That is because it's all chance. Maybe probability states that it should happen eventually, but it never swears by any law written in the stars, the earth or upon the neutrons of infinity. It doesn't have to happen. I cannot even stress that enough.

What you may think of as broken is merely your understanding of probability. You are trying to peek through a fractured glass, where the outside image is distorted and marred, hardly seen in it's entirety, and then judging what's outside by what you're looking through.

Getting the item you want could be as difficult as a meteor flying through space and ever flying into a planet or star. The void between worlds is vast. VAST! Millions of miles between themselves. Sure we get falling stars every year, but that's just the fate of probability. With all the space rock flying around, there's just that simple chance that some of them will hit some planets some time, but that doesn't mean they all hit something eventually.

In other words, your space rock could hav already left the Milky way and is drifting away from it ... well unless there is a greater gravity well of the galaxy that makes it eventually orbit back into it.
I respectfully disagree, I have seen maybe 5 of every legendary (TF, SS, MB, Cindercoat, MageFist, etc.)

If they increased the drop rate of WoH to equal SS, I am sure I would have seen one by now and I would be ok with that.

The fact the WoH has the lowest drop rate in the game and it's the only item that potentially can equal one of 3 easy to build WD specs makes the game dead to me.
07/21/2014 01:13 PMPosted by Spells
I respectfully disagree, I have seen maybe 5 of every legendary (TF, SS, MB, Cindercoat, MageFist, etc.)

If they increased the drop rate of WoH to equal SS, I am sure I would have seen one by now and I would be ok with that.

The fact the WoH has the lowest drop rate in the game and it's the only item that potentially can equal one of 3 easy to build WD specs makes the game dead to me.

Well I cannot even safely do T1 on all my characters. It's just terrible that I cannot get as far as you and be as lucky on even one character. hah. What will I do?
07/21/2014 12:09 PMPosted by Spells
but something just seems broken
You nailed on the head. It 'seems' broken. Nothing actually IS broken though. Some items are more rare than others. RNG drop rates means that nothing is guaranteed.

I'm sure your WD results will make a lot of long time WD players jealous though.
2 complete sets in 50 hours is great RNG in your favour.
Again my point is, I have 3 specs on my WD that can farm T6 (at 50 hours played).

THREE DIFFERENT SETS.

My wizard has no sets with 500 hours and can't farm T6 like my WD with any spec.

Does anybody actually read the forum posts.
worst case scenario : rift with your wd and when you have 500 blood shards, spend in mass on your wizard. tedious yes but it's better than nothing
no WOWs here either,.I found a few post-nerf SoHs

we all have things we continue to hunt for...that dang fire-res ammy for me...replacemtn ICs for my lost wiz/.

decent weapons in general...

rng is fickle
07/21/2014 01:26 PMPosted by babinro
07/21/2014 12:09 PMPosted by Spells
but something just seems broken
You nailed on the head. It 'seems' broken. Nothing actually IS broken though. Some items are more rare than others. RNG drop rates means that nothing is guaranteed.

I'm sure your WD results will make a lot of long time WD players jealous though.
2 complete sets in 50 hours is great RNG in your favour.

+1 good points here.

I want to play a holy shotgun crusader but cant get ANY of the required pieces!
07/21/2014 12:48 PMPosted by Samir
There are people with 500 hours on WD and no Starmetal. So RNG is RNG, Relax. Celebrate how lucky you were on WD and carry a few wizards through T6.

With a WD, all this means is that the last 450 hours on T6 were slightly more challenging than they would otherwise have been.

For the Wiz without Woh, there is no option. That item is like T&T and MOJ rolled into one.