New patch

General Discussion
is there any type of estimated release date? Im starting to get very anxious.
07/24/2014 09:44 AMPosted by josh

Sometime after the console port drops. For all we know 2.1 might be wrapped up and in the bag right now but Blizzard has to plan these things to make that money.
Based on what I've seen on the PTR I hope its not even close to being done. GRifts need some serious changes/
sept. 31, 2014
This patch can not come fast enough. The game is already hitting the dreadful levels of boredom.
they said they plan to do at least 2 cycles of "seasons" starting and ending, to make sure that process runs smoothly. not full duration seasons as they would be on live servers, but they want to make sure the start & end process goes smoothly at least twice.

so after the 2nd PTR "season" ends, then you can start anticipating a live release.

dont hold your breath.
There was also a mention of seasons with quick open and close times because of testing of their systems.
I had heard that 2.1 might ship without seasons....
One day is like 1000 to blizzard. This game is fun, but without new content its as stale as Wow right now. They just released the latest patch to Hearthstone and the finals were tonight (Korea vs. China: figures). It will be live inside of 2 months.
07/24/2014 09:44 AMPosted by josh

"This summer". That's anywhere between Jun21 & Sep22, but I don't actually expect it until November.
Soon
07/26/2014 10:25 PMPosted by Mike
Soon

THIS
soonTM
07/24/2014 11:15 AMPosted by Spawn
This patch can not come fast enough. The game is already hitting the dreadful levels of boredom.

It's actually the redundancy CAUSING boredom.
Today's gamer expects either: The quick fix 10, 20 or 30 hour shop & shelve game or they insist upon(often stretching....) a game that has 1,000,000,000+ hours of play & re-playability.
Also - they appear to be frequenters of all-you-can-eat buffets.... gorging themselves on each moment & morsel like it's their last meal.
How can a game be made to suit the average player as well as the glutton?
I think they've done o.k. and for me - the time-frame is perfectly acceptable.

The ONLY issue I have..well 2 issues:
1. Every single feature we've ever gotten smelled of FEATURE(i.e. additional content - WOW!!! omg..etc.) that was already developed but awaiting its per-determined release date - with whatever modifications were necessary.
2. Weighted drops. Be better to get less but have items mean more ++++ level the playing field for high value items dropping.

Otherwise - it'll trickle out when it's good and ready.
Just think how well prepared all of use will be!!! PATCH 2017