Cross-platform saves import confirmed for UEE

Console Discussion
1 2 3 5 Next
Like we already knew but also from PS3 to Xbox One and from 360 to PS4, and apparently it's done with that "account linking" feature on the Battle.net site:

http://www.destructoid.com/diablo-iii-ultimate-evil-edition-will-allow-cross-platform-save-imports-278811.phtml

Of course this does NOT mean we'll be able to use our PC characters on console.
Nice find, now if they would explain what transfers such as stash/gold and in-game achievements.
maybe there is a way to blizz analyse the saves to find hacked items...or maybe not
This is awesome! Won't lose my characters going from 360 to ps4.was hoping this was possible.
When you link your Xbox account to bnet is says play UEE to get your in-game reward.what is it and will it also transfer between xbl and psn?-
Just to confirm, in an upcoming console patch for PS3 and Xbox 360, we'll be enabling what we're calling "cross-brand" or "cross-generational" transfers for Ultimate Evil Edition. As the name suggests, these transfers will allow players to copy their character save data across brands and across platform generations.

We'll have more details to share once the patch is live, including how to complete a transfer with step-by-step instructions and how Battle.net account linking works. In the meantime, here's a quick list of what's supported:

• PS3 > Xbox One
  • Xbox 360 > PS4
  • PS3 > PS4
  • Xbox 360 > Xbox One

The goal of cross-brand/cross-generational transfers is to support players who may have switched brands when next-gen systems were released for PlayStation and Xbox, but don't want to leave their progress from original Diablo III behind when upgrading to Ultimate Evil Edition.

As a follow up to that, please note that the following cross-platform transfers will not be supported:

• Xbox 360 > PS3
  • PS3 > Xbox 360

For same-platform upgrades to Ultimate Evil Edition (PS3 > PS3 and Xbox 360 > Xbox 360), your character save data will be automatically loaded once the game is installed. No additional steps needed!

07/29/2014 03:45 PMPosted by TozziFan

Correct. :)
07/30/2014 01:28 PMPosted by Lylirra

07/29/2014 03:45 PMPosted by TozziFan

Correct. :)

Will that ever be a feature? I'd certainly love to switch to playing on my big screen with a controller.
Does this mean those of use who still have our save file on a flash drive, but no longer have a last gen console are out of luck?
Does that mean that my save files will also transfer? Or will I have to start all over again. I have Diablo 3 for the PS3, and want to know if i get Reaper of Souls, also for the PS3. Will I be able to start playing right from where my last save was?
For those coming from the pc version. How about letting us have our paragon level? The gear is no big deal, but a code or something simular for paragon points would be outstanding
The PC game and the console game are totally SEPARATE GAMES apparently this cannot be stated enough...
Lylirra, what happens if I play UEE on xbox360, get all the achievements, then transfer to xboxone? do I have to get all the achievements again?

Thanks
Lylirra, is this confirmation that we will need our original D3 copy to perform the transfer? What happens to gamers who sold their PS3 (to get a PS4 for instance) but retained their save file on USB stick?

Thanks!
So this may be an odd question, I don't know if anyone else had this experience. Me and friend started playing on 360, when we heard it was coming to PS4 (but not confirmed for XONE) we switched over to the PS3 version.

Anyone think there's a chance I could import my PS3 save, drop my gems, legendaries off on a friend, then import my Xbox 360 save and get my items back from my friend? So that way I got my 360 characters, but am able to get my stash items from the PS3. Not sure if it'll work, curious though.
What happens to vanilla pre orders on Xbox 360-Ps4? The items will transfers over but will new characters get the goodies?
07/30/2014 02:40 PMPosted by LamTruong
release ptr patch already plz ty

Do you know what "PTR" stands for?
07/30/2014 06:02 PMPosted by xBloodToadx
What happens to vanilla pre orders on Xbox 360-Ps4? The items will transfers over but will new characters get the goodies?

I think that question applies to all UEE upgrades.. not just platform change.

My guess is that going forward they may use the mail system for all new characters (like PC) rather than the stash.
Ive been wondering about this also, sold my 360, but uploaded my diablo 3 save info to the cloud. Am I SOL now because I no longer have the game?
I guess you're SOL, because the saves need to be uploaded to another cloud.