Cross-platform saves import confirmed for UEE

Console Discussion
Prev 1 2 3 5 Next
Funny how there's no mention of this upcoming patch also stopping save data corruption.

It's almost like it's not ever going to get fixed...it's almost like it's also going to still be a problem with UEE.
07/31/2014 05:15 AMPosted by Woody
Ive been wondering about this also, sold my 360, but uploaded my diablo 3 save info to the cloud. Am I SOL now because I no longer have the game?

there will be a patch for the console version where you will able to upload your profile, so yes you need the game to do that.
07/31/2014 02:03 AMPosted by Sabvre
07/30/2014 06:02 PMPosted by xBloodToadx
What happens to vanilla pre orders on Xbox 360-Ps4? The items will transfers over but will new characters get the goodies?

I think that question applies to all UEE upgrades.. not just platform change.

My guess is that going forward they may use the mail system for all new characters (like PC) rather than the stash.

I am going from PS3 ->Xbox One

I am really curious if and how I will get my original preorder items AND if getting the PS3-Exclusive stuff that are on my characters on the Xbox One.

This dictates whether or not I will be getting the game actually. I dont have a PS4 and wont until 2015 probably so I will just go back to Torchlight 2 until then if the transferring doesnt work with those above items.
I sold my d3 copy for my xbox360 and pre ordered the game for ps4. how can I transfer it? I don't own my xbox 360 anymore, am I SOL?
07/31/2014 07:39 AMPosted by Labatomi
I sold my d3 copy for my xbox360 and pre ordered the game for ps4. how can I transfer it? I don't own my xbox 360 anymore, am I SOL?

Not sure how you expected to be able to ever transfer the save data without the console even...

If you had the saved data on a flash drive you could always buy a used copy of the game at Gamestop, bring it over to a friends, load up the transfer stuff with your save and then return the game back to GS. You could even do that with a 360 console if need be. You have 7 days on all used items. Essentially 'free' renting.
IDK I just thought I could do it since I saved my game progress to the cloud. Oh well, Maybe I'll get lucky and they'll let me transfer my pc character lol.
07/31/2014 07:39 AMPosted by Labatomi

Yea I think you are in the same boat as me, looks like you need to still have the game and own the system you played it on in order to transfer your progress on the original. If not your SOL
07/30/2014 03:21 PMPosted by dewberry
For those coming from the pc version. How about letting us have our paragon level? The gear is no big deal, but a code or something simular for paragon points would be outstanding

07/30/2014 03:40 PMPosted by Rockko
The PC game and the console game are totally SEPARATE GAMES apparently this cannot be stated enough...

I disagree. The console version is the same game ( with different features). The quests, classes, story all the same. Adding new features does not make it a new (different) game.

I still believe paragon points from pc should be allowed to transfer to console version!
07/31/2014 11:10 AMPosted by dewberry
07/30/2014 03:21 PMPosted by dewberry
For those coming from the pc version. How about letting us have our paragon level? The gear is no big deal, but a code or something simular for paragon points would be outstanding

07/30/2014 03:40 PMPosted by Rockko
The PC game and the console game are totally SEPARATE GAMES apparently this cannot be stated enough...

I disagree. The console version is the same game ( with different features). The quests, classes, story all the same. Adding new features does not make it a new (different) game.

I still believe paragon points from pc should be allowed to transfer to console version!

They absolutely should NOT be able to transfer unless they implement actual cross platform play. PC is NOT the same game. It has ALWAYS been easier for PC to level than for console. Grinding PL 100 on PC prior to RoS was like 10x easier than on console... and now you also would get an insanely unfair head start on everyone else as we've been both hard and soft capped.

I understand there are no ladder boards on console... but theres no reason you should be able to wave your epeen around without actually earning it. Shouldn't you be bragging about your GPU right now instead?
<span class="truncated">...</span>

<span class="truncated">...</span>

They absolutely should NOT be able to transfer unless they implement actual cross platform play. PC is NOT the same game. It has ALWAYS been easier for PC to level than for console. Grinding PL 100 on PC prior to RoS was like 10x easier than on console... and now you also would get an insanely unfair head start on everyone else as we've been both hard and soft capped.

I understand there are no ladder boards on console... but theres no reason you should be able to wave your epeen around without actually earning it. Shouldn't you be bragging about your GPU right now instead?

Being 50+ yrs old I don't brag or wave anything around :). I am not a pc elitist. I own pc ( gtx 580 nothing to brag about) and both next gen consoles. I prefer consoles. You are way off with your assumption.

I paly solo most of the time . I probably will play 100% solo on console because I do not want to play with people who modded and or cheated. My para level is time put into the game. Not optimal time just fun time. I still do not see harm of allowing para leves from pc to console.

To each their own I guess. Maybe I am in left field and alone in this wish
07/30/2014 01:28 PMPosted by Lylirra
Just to confirm, in an upcoming console patch for PS3 and Xbox 360, we'll be enabling what we're calling "cross-brand" or "cross-generational" transfers for Ultimate Evil Edition. As the name suggests, these transfers will allow players to copy their character save data across brands and across platform generations.

To be clear:

You're going to be releasing a patch for the non Ultimate Evil Edition of the game, to support pushing the character data to some server? And once that's done, the Ultimate Evil Edition (on PS4/XB1 only) will be able to pull it in from the cloud? (The UEE on XB360/PS3 will just pull the data in from local storage instead, if I understood you.)
Lylirra,
I no longer have my save per se since I no longer have my xbox 360. But I also know you guys tend to save data on your servers to make sure we aren't cheating. Will it be like GTAV or no because I no longer own a 360 but I can still have my online char from GTAV go from 360 to PS4.

Is that how you guys will do it or do we need to have the save?
07/31/2014 02:07 PMPosted by DougDeJ
[quote="136597667225"]Just to confirm, in an upcoming console patch for PS3 and Xbox 360, we'll be enabling what we're calling "cross-brand" or "cross-generational" transfers for Ultimate Evil Edition. As the name suggests, these transfers will allow players to copy their character save data across brands and across platform generations.

To be clear:

to be cleared it seems those who do not retain their 360 are completely screwed. Just goes to show you GTAV thinks ahead since I don't need my 360 to do it.
07/30/2014 03:13 PMPosted by Dwarfonstine
Does that mean that my save files will also transfer?

Yup! Your heroes, items, and game progress will all transfer.
07/30/2014 06:02 PMPosted by xBloodToadx
What happens to vanilla pre orders on Xbox 360-Ps4? The items will transfers over but will new characters get the goodies?

Your pre-order bonuses from original Diablo III will transfer only if you’re moving to the same brand (i.e. PS3 > PS4 or Xbox 360 > Xbox One). Once transferred to UEE, newly-created heroes on the account will also receive the bonuses.

Please note that the pre-order bonuses from original D3 will not transfer if you’re moving to a different brand (i.e. PS3 > Xbox One, Xbox 360 > PS4).

07/30/2014 02:59 PMPosted by NoIdeasCome
Does this mean those of use who still have our save file on a flash drive, but no longer have a last gen console are out of luck?

Not necessarily. If you don’t have your original, current-gen Diablo III disc, there’s still a way for you to transfer your save data to another brand or platform generation for UEE. You’ll just need your save file on a USB and a current-gen Diablo III disc (again, it doesn’t have to be your disc, specifically; borrowing a disc from a friend, for example, for a one-time transfer will work just fine).

We'll provide more details once cross-brand/cross-generation transfers are available.
07/31/2014 04:14 PMPosted by Lylirra
Yup! Your heroes, items, and game progress will all transfer.

People have been asking for this kind of stuff for a while since some went from xbox360 to PS4. I'm glad to see that Blizz still listens to it's players and reads the forums.
Funny how there's no mention of this upcoming patch also stopping save data corruption.

It's almost like it's not ever going to get fixed....

What save data corruption? Been playing the game since launch on the PS3, haven't had any problems with saves whatsoever. Is your PS3's hard drive getting old?
07/31/2014 02:07 PMPosted by DougDeJ
You're going to be releasing a patch for the non Ultimate Evil Edition of the game, to support pushing the character data to some server? And once that's done, the Ultimate Evil Edition (on PS4/XB1 only) will be able to pull it in from the cloud? (The UEE on XB360/PS3 will just pull the data in from local storage instead, if I understood you.)

Correct. As an addendum, if you're transferring cross-brand (i.e. PS3 > Xbox One, Xbox 360 > PS4) you will also need to link both your PSN and Xbox Live accounts to Battle.net. This is the "Battle.net Linking" you may have heard mention of before:

https://us.battle.net/account/management/links.html

(The PS3 and Xbox 360 versions of UEE will also have an Export Save option for players who may not yet have a PS4 or Xbox One, but still want to pick up UEE on their current-gen system. If these players later pick up a PS4 or Xbox One and want to continue playing the game, they can export their save from PS3/360 on UEE and get their save on PS4/One. In order to do this, though, you'll need to have PS4/One version of UEE.)

I probably sound like a broken record right now, but we'll be covering all this in great (potentially pain-staking detail) once these transfers are available. :)
Hopefully youll offer the bonuses then for the psn store so we can aleast buy it for cross plat transfers.This is very disappointing news.thx for the reply.
07/31/2014 04:26 PMPosted by Lylirra
If you don’t have your original, current-gen Diablo III disc, there’s still a way for you to transfer your save data to another brand or platform generation for UEE. You’ll just need your save file on a USB and a current-gen Diablo III disc (again, it doesn’t have to be your disc, specifically; borrowing a disc from a friend, for example, for a one-time transfer will work just fine).

Implied, I hope, that players with digital versions of D3 can still do this, correct?