So as of 5 minutes ago, I lost all interest in 2.1

Games & Technology
07/30/2014 05:39 PMPosted by ZaM
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/985043

Holy christ on a stick, not only is GGG more creative and inspired than Blizzard, but they consistently amaze with new and exciting content every 4-6 months, and add new content every couple of weeks.

Not only that, it's free as opposed to being a $100 game (because lol D3V was just a beta of RoS)

Bye !

Enjoy the online RMT economy.

=)
07/30/2014 05:50 PMPosted by Japhasca
Path of Exile is a slow boring D2 clone

^ This.

There is NOTHING in Path of Exile that makes me say "Hey, this is a real improvement on D2!".

Holy christ on a stick, not only is GGG more creative and inspired than Blizzard, but they consistently amaze with new and exciting content every 4-6 months, and add new content every couple of weeks.

Not only that, it's free as opposed to being a $100 game (because lol D3V was just a beta of RoS)

Those item space requirements ... no way, Jose. I cannot go back to a Diablo II style of items taking up gargantuan space in inventory.
07/30/2014 07:32 PMPosted by fingrknitter

^ This.

There is NOTHING in Path of Exile that makes me say "Hey, this is a real improvement on D2!".

LOL, such a Blizzard fanboy response. POE is an amazing game, the network coding & engine just lacks which is the main reason it will never be any more than it is.
Hey look an item vendor.
07/30/2014 07:09 PMPosted by boozzer

how is the melee gameplay in poe? I haven't touch it since I played it for about 1 month in close beta. when I quit, it was basically 1 single build for every class. the bow one. with the share passive tree, it was possible.

While it's come a long way since the beta, I'd say ranged builds are generally more powerful than melee builds. However, it is nowhere near as disparate as the difference between melee and ranged in d3, and there are many end-game viable melee builds to choose from in PoE.
No, people who like PoE are only upset because their perceived lack of options in DIII. They are so busy jizzing all over the options in PoE, that they haven't looked at it close enough to realize it's a pile of crap. The gameplay is crap, can't stand that game for more than a few minutes. If I didn't have Diablo III to play, I would be playing Titan Quest, Diablo II, Dungeon Hunter: Alliance, Torchlight, and Torchlight 2, all before PoE. Action RPGs aside, I would still probably be playing Neverwinter and Guild Wars 2 ahead of PoE.
07/30/2014 07:45 PMPosted by Koil
LOL, such a Blizzard fanboy response. POE is an amazing game, the network coding & engine just lacks which is the main reason it will never be any more than it is.

"LOL, such a GGG fanboy response. Without solid arguments, only saying a baseless and clueless statement that didn't even was a response to the comment you are bashing on..."

I can say that, but i will be as stupid as you... so let me say you one thing:

FYI, i love POE, but i love more the diablo series(yes, d3 too) and guess what? Its a matter of tastes.

Too difficult to your close mind?

Im sure you will call me a retard, or a child, or even a fanboy... but guess what... its called TASTES and OPINIONS. Im sure your parents taught you about that...´

And im sure you are going to talk to me about only playing easy or complex games... As i said, i like POE, also i really like playing all the games i want on the maxium difficulty possible..

Have a nice day, i won't be answering you. Learn about opinions and tastes first.
<span class="truncated">...</span>

^ This.

Your ad hominem adds nothing to your response fyi, it just portrays you as insecure.
This is like one of those reviews on iTunes that are so obviously planted it makes people hate you.
Path of Exile mini-expansion looks good.

Patch 2.1 for D3 looks good.

I'm gonna play both. Why won't you?
07/30/2014 08:14 PMPosted by BlueSteel
Path of Exile mini-expansion looks good.

Patch 2.1 for D3 looks good.

I'm gonna play both. Why won't you?

Porque no los dos?
07/30/2014 05:45 PMPosted by Zyron
It amazes me how much a small team of motivated devs, can really accomplish.

Recently, this is my main point of discussion on the forum. These developers are just not motivated to come up with really interesting content or systems.

07/30/2014 05:43 PMPosted by Fragbait
I think Diablo devs could learn by this.

But, at the end of the day, I still play Diablo, because of the feel of t he combat. Something that POE lacks.

I agree. While PoE's foundational systems and content is much more creative than D3's, the sluggish and clunky game play really hurts the quality of that game. Basically what I (and most people, I imagine) was expecting D3 to be was more of a PoE game, with D3 game play.
Great, BYE!
07/30/2014 07:32 PMPosted by fingrknitter

^ This.

I relatively disagree with this. While I'm not a huge fan of PoE, mainly due to the horrid game play, I don't see it as a "D2 clone."

IMO, they took the ideas of D2 and expanded on them greatly, whereas D3 came up with their own systems, but they were extremely shallow in comparison. I mean, just look at the gem systems. PoE's gem system links skills, support amongst other things to where you can practically get any type of ability setup that you want. Whereas D3's gem system gives you five different bonuses for both items and weapons, while you have a static ability system that you choose from and can't really expand upon.

That's just one example of the lack of imagination of the D3 developers compared to what we expect from them.
poe looks cool until you actually play it
looks like bounties except with "housing". Not really anything new and exciting, housing is always something that sounds cool until you realise how pointless it is 15 minutes later.
Small team > big team because they have HEART. Blizzard lacks real motivation. They use to do it for the games themselves, not for the money. The money was incidental.

I cannot fathom how these guys come up with all the !@#$ they do AND IMPLEMENT IT SO FAST LOL. Blizzard takes 2 years to do what these guys do in ONE MONTH. Seriously, I don't even like PoE but that damn game is looking more and more attracting by the minute... while im wasting my time playing %^-*ing D3.....
07/30/2014 05:52 PMPosted by CrniVuk

Diablo 3 is a game that you buy once.

Well that isn't strictly the case. You see you buy D3 and then realize it's not what you thought and then you buy ROS but still isn't what you saw in the demo. Fear not there's another expansion on the way so you can buy D3 yet a third time.