PS3 update freezes

Console Discussion
So I got the new patch (1.0.3) and when I start it has the "your save data is from a previous version..." Pop up. I select 'okay' and then the game just freezes up. Anyone else with this issue? W
Same thing here. Restarted over and over. Would like some help here.
I disabled my network connection, and it worked. Might be a problem with how the export function is working if you have PS Plus, or a PSN basic account.
Working fine here
I have several profiles on my PS3, only those that sign in to PSN are having the problem.
08/05/2014 12:14 PMPosted by Regor
I disabled my network connection, and it worked. Might be a problem with how the export function is working if you have PS Plus, or a PSN basic account.

Try this.

Vanilla tends to freeze/corrupt more often when the PS3 is online either at the system level or, especially, in-game.

Best of luck.
Ok, did some testing.
1. Sign out of PSN and launch the game -- OK
2. Click more options and select export save -- It'll prompt you to sign in, do that, you might get an error that says the diablo servers are busy, mine worked on the 2nd try.
08/05/2014 12:23 PMPosted by Regor
Ok, did some testing.
1. Sign out of PSN and launch the game -- OK
2. Click more options and select export save -- It'll prompt you to sign in, do that, you might get an error that says the diablo servers are busy, mine worked on the 2nd try.

Thanks for that update Regor, we're currently investigating this. Thanks everyone for hanging in there!
Yep, same here. Just hangs and I can't play. Kinda sucks, up to 57 in a3 Hell, getting my barb ready for the 19th and the expansion.
Thanks Regor! Signing out of PSN did the trick. Just in case it matters for Blizzard to figure this out, I have PSN+
I signed out of psn, loaded up fine. Signed into PSN in game after game had loaded, quit out to do a test to see if it would now load fine and well...... the exit screen hung.

And in doing the file export trick until it said it was successful, it loaded PSN up fine in game. Upon quitting out of the game IN GAME a second time to see if the hang was reproducable, the game hung again.
I have got the Same problems ... I have psn+

Your save data is from a previous version of diablo 3. If you continue, it Will no longer work if the update is removed.. When pressing x "it hungs"
Yes did the same thing for me too, being signed out of PSN helped load the game, but if you perform an action that requires you to sign in, it will hang when you try to exit.
edit: original issue fixed
If you use the idea that was posted by someone else in this thread to sign in IN GAME to use the export save option, MAKE SURE to sign out of PSN afterwards, or next time you exit back to main menu, your game WILL hang.

PSN currently needs to be entirely OFF while playing or you'll get hung.
okay i did as suggested and when i went to join my friend in online play it froze again
so does that mean we will not be able to play online till its fixed that is one of the games fine points
ive been playing diablo since the 1st one how are we going to fix this issue so we can continue our dungeon exp
Have been trying for over an hour. How do I get out of the PTR and get back to regular D3? I am very unhappy with it.
Having the same problem here, uninstalled and reinstalled game, and can only play offline. Fix it already !