What happened to the 'permanent' anniversary drop rates

Items and Crafting
There is no way that drop rate was made permanent. I'm basing this on the experience I had during the buff week and what I have experience since the buff finished.

I'm back to 1-2 legs for a 3-4 hour play session. Where as during the buff I would get 5-6 legs every 2-3 rifts.

The feeling of the next great drop being around the corner is back to being non-existent.

Carry on
the legs drop rates has been nerfed for sure, and kadala has been for sure too....she is not giving nothing right now
Im not normally one to pitch in on things that have not really been confirmed but this I had to post on. I would definately agree that the droprates that were supposed to stay....didnt. I dont feel they are where they used to be, but it surely is not what it was.

If blizzard, much like government or big business had nothing to hide on what the real rates where, they would just have some transparency and give us the full and real rates, no more of this "25% more drops", when 25% of 1% is 0.25% meaning pretty much nothing.

Give us the actual drop rates so we can see for ourselves, or stop shifting drop rate numbers around every 2 weeks as the supply and demand come and go
Agreed. For me the drops have dried up to a point I get 2-3 in a 5 hour playtime.
Tinfoil time , I bet it's based on the population playing.

Eg using completely made up numbers - When 1000000 players are playing, on average they will find 100000 items per hour. Blizzard will set 1000 legs to drop during that time.
Now, when half of those players leave, the remaining 500000 players need to find the same 100000 items per hour as the full population did to see the same 1000 legs drop. Which of course doesn't happen, so individually we see less.

For me, since the anniversary buff ended (which I believe it did, end), the leg drop rates seemed to decline over time. That would be true of the player base too. The player base would have peaked during the buff week and then gradually declined.

That's about all the tinfoil hat-ing I can do today.

Does it make sense?
Anecdotal evidence gonna anecdote.
08/01/2014 07:30 AMPosted by GoauldOfWar

I think enough time has passed for people to be able to come to a conclusion about it based on their own experience.

It's not like I'm referring to a handful of rifts.
08/01/2014 07:38 AMPosted by Meltdown
08/01/2014 07:30 AMPosted by GoauldOfWar

I think enough time has passed for people to be able to come to a conclusion about it based on their own experience.

It's not like I'm referring to a handful of rifts.

Yes you are. You could run 1000, 10000, 100000 rifts and it would still be anecdotal.

Why? Because you never run the same rift enough times to qualify your "evidence".

There is enough variation per rift (even on the same map!) to cause significant deviation along a number of rifts that cannot be tracked by any reasonably sane human being.

To even *begin* to make this posit, you have to run the exact same rift tens of thousand, if not hundreds of thousands of, times to begin to even have any sort of solid proof of any "nerf".

So yes - every single one of you that subscribes to any theory of this sort is a complete moron with no factual numerical basis other than perception and emotion.

So kindly: !@#$.