The fans are crying out!!!

General Discussion
Does it seem like Blizzards development team is not listening to the feedback of its consumers?? As I scroll through the forum all I see are negative comments and genuine concerns that D3 players are having with this game. Why is nothing being done and why aren't we getting any feedback on why Blizzard is moving in a direction away from the consumers wants and hopes for Diablo 3?
There are legitimate concerns with this game, and there are always have been. However, I've been here since day one, and the insanely large amount of self-entitlement and complaining has been toxic all along. Don't forget that a lot of us ARE relatively happy; we just might not be posting because we're busy PLAYING.

Thinking something is a good idea doesn't make it so, either. Most of us aren't pros at developing, implementing, or balancing game design. A lot of the ideas on here are garbage. that isn't to say a lot AREN'T, but most are. A LOT of ideas I read also involve massive overhauls to entire systems already in place, and that kind of thing just isn't going to happen.

Finally, I honestly have to disagree with you. The game HAS changed significantly, much based on player feedback. Drop chances have drastically changed for the better. Item roll ranges and rolls in general have changed drastically for the better. Skills, enemies, and items have been retooled. Just since 2.0, we've seen the massive baggage of legendary crafting wiped away in two steps, first the need for white items, secondly the need for special mats.

I'm not trying to argue with you or sugar coat anything. D3 has had serious problems since launch and it still has some nagging issues. However its gotten significantly better, and a lot of that has been in response to player feedback.
Short answer is no; they do not listen to player feedbacks.

Proof: auto pick-up potion is still in the game.
08/03/2014 12:22 AMPosted by Slayer

Good lord, the travesty of it!!!
08/03/2014 12:14 AMPosted by DManIAm
Does it seem like Blizzards development team is not listening to the feedback of its consumers?? As I scroll through the forum all I see are negative comments and genuine concerns that D3 players are having with this game. Why is nothing being done and why aren't we getting any feedback on why Blizzard is moving in a direction away from the consumers wants and hopes for Diablo 3?

You don't speak for *the consumers* or *fans*,you merely speak and represent yourself,as do I.You've failed to provide a list of any grievances,you'll need to elaborate if you feel you deserve some sought of reply from a blue at all.

It's my opinion as a Diablo franchise fan that they have indeed been listening and changing the game in an attempt to make it more enjoyable for a wider audience of players.

It's also undeniable the game has changed a lot since release,in some cases for the better and others worse.

=)
Blizzard has selective listening. They seem to be monitoring the PTR forums pretty closely, as they should. The rest of the forums? Hard to say. I'd be curious how much actually gets read and parsed to the dev teams, but I doubt we'll ever get a rough figure there. They pretty much ignore and/or censor any negativity that they don't deem constructive, which is why the mean thread life is so short. Most negative opinions get deleted. This only angers those people more, creating a vicious cycle.

All in all, Blizzard doesn't really seem to listen to players. The last blue post on the brawling forum was well over a year ago, and any PvP discussion gets banished there. So clearly that's not going to be a thing.

Changes to itemization/specific items also gets banished to their respective sub forums, and more or less ignored unless there's glaring imbalance. Usually such changes only take place when discussed within the context of the PTR.

I get the overwhelming sense that the dev team thinks they know what's best, and that the players are somehow incompetent plebeians. While that might be a fair point if D3 had a stellar dev record, I think we can all agree the current roadmap has been quite bumpy, to say the least. In part, I think this was due to management (Jay Wilson) and his attitudes towards players. He did a lot of damage, and corporate culture takes awhile to change.

I view this period as a make or break time for both D3 and my involvement, which is why I'm visiting the forums now. Due to the impeding patch drop and ladder, many people are stepping back and evaluating where the game is at and where it's going, and many do not appear satisfied. Public games are definitely at a low point right now; it will be curious to see what happens after 2.1 drops. Unfortunately, the actual statistics about usage/play time won't be shared, but I'd venture a guess that player count will be at an all time low after the shine of 2.1 wears off (1-2mo). I may or may not resume playing at that point, but buying a second expansion seems even less likely given the current game trajectory.

does picking potions up manually somehow make the game more challenging? I mean...you should have like a few hundred potions on you anyways right?
08/03/2014 12:14 AMPosted by DManIAm
Why is nothing being done and why aren't we getting any feedback on why Blizzard is moving in a direction away from the consumers wants and hopes for Diablo 3?

Because we are noise, and if you've ever studied statistics, you'd know what happens when you respond to noise. There won't be a stable variation in your product. In this case, that product happens to be Diablo 3. That product happens to be owned by Blizzard Entertainment, and they can do with it as they please. We're just noise, and responding to most lame brained ideas they hear from us would be "responding to noise".
08/03/2014 12:23 AMPosted by Japhasca

Good lord, the travesty of it!!!

This is the very reason I haven't play since May. The only thing that will bring me back is /dance in 2.1. /sarcasm
Lets pretend I'm in charge of Blizzard for one minute.

And lets say I'm keen on listening to ALL the players.

I have one question for you, how long should I re-introduce Auction House for? Because I'm pretty sure the very hour I patch it back in, there'll be at least 10 posts saying its stupid to bring it back.

And the same thing will go for skill trees, stat points, drop rates, difficulties, etc.

Or should I just release a slightly different copy of the game for everyone instead?
08/03/2014 03:47 AMPosted by silvermirage
Lets pretend I'm in charge of Blizzard for one minute.And lets say I'm keen on listening to ALL the players.

Then that would be your first mistake.

To make a DIABLO game and presumably to please fans of the DIABLO franchise, you DONT listen to fans of StarCraft, and fans of WOW.

But from the beginning on these forums that is EXACTLY what blizzard did.

In fact fans of ONLY DIABLO and those who did not have SC2 or WoW accounts could NOT post on these forums.
08/03/2014 03:55 AMPosted by sheltem
08/03/2014 03:47 AMPosted by silvermirage
Lets pretend I'm in charge of Blizzard for one minute.And lets say I'm keen on listening to ALL the players.

Then that would be your first mistake.

To make a DIABLO game and presumably to please fans of the DIABLO franchise, you DONT listen to fans of StarCraft, and fans of WOW.

But from the beginning on these forums that is EXACTLY what blizzard did.

In fact fans of ONLY DIABLO and those who did not have SC2 or WoW accounts could NOT post on these forums.

So, basically, you're telling me Blizzard should agree with me, and anyone else who think like me only.
I do not understand why people feel that blizzard owes them updates and new content and improvements etc. This is not a subscription based game (thank god), so most games that fall into this category are released and as long as the game plays as the developer intend there are no updates (you get what you get). Blizzard, unlike many, continue to support there games with new content and QOL improvements beyond what your $40 provides in many other games.

After the release, any additional support falls into a sustaining phase where anyone continuing to work on it are paid directly out of blizzard's pocket (i.e no subscription). I feel that anything I get after i buy the game is all gravy and well appreciated.

I think Blizzard does listen to the players, but not all ideas are good or worth the time/cost investment. Also when they give things like Seasons, which many cried out for, everyone moves on to the next thing to complain about. It is a never ending cycle since the newer generation always wants more, more, more (with a me, me, me attitude).

If the game is not providing you with what you are looking for then go look for something else. Most people on these forums have invested hundreds of hours of playing this game, which I am sure not many games they bought come close to that time investment.

Anyway, I will end my rant. Keep up the good work Blizzard; this game is great and continues to get better.

~V

Players: Anniversary buff should be permanent but blizzard doesn't listen! They'll never do it!

-blizzard makes it permanent.-

Players: Monks suck!

-blizzard buffs monks in the ptr-

Players: That isn't enough! Blizzard doesn't know what they're doing

-blizzard mentions that they're buffing monks again.-

Players: Alabaster gloves are a joke! Why is the legendary so bad!?

-blizzard removes alabaster gloves and provides monks with a new legendary weapon that is even better.-

Players: Gold accumulation sucks! We need more ways to get gold! It would be cool if you can go to the treasure realm of greed! (People have said that since release)

Blizzard: -adds treasure realm and a greed fight.-

Players: Make the game more like d2! We want seasons!

Blizzard: -adds seasons.-

This is only scratching the surface. You claim blizzard doesn't listen but you ignore everything blizzard has listened to. People have unrealistic expectations and even when Blizzard delivers exactly what the players want they immediately demand something else and act like blizzard still isn't listening.
08/03/2014 05:22 AMPosted by Reslin
This is only scratching the surface. You claim blizzard doesn't listen but you ignore everything blizzard has listened to. People have unrealistic expectations and even when Blizzard delivers exactly what the players want they immediately demand something else and act like blizzard still isn't listening.

You hit the nail on the head with all those points.
The fans are certainly crying....

out.

You claim blizzard doesn't listen but you ignore everything blizzard has listened to. People have unrealistic expectations and even when Blizzard delivers exactly what the players want they immediately demand something else and act like blizzard still isn't listening.

Thats why we have optimized pvp?
Thats why we have in depth character customization?Nope paragon is a !@#$ty excuse of optimization.
Blizzard implement ladders after 2 years of begging and crying Massive amounts of people lost hope and left game.
Lots of graphics including xfire show rapid decline in player base.
17+million sales RoS included and it peaks out at barely 50k players.

So no,blizzard does not do exactly what players want. If it did it would`nt lose more than 70% of its players.
I like the game too, but damn it miss so many stupid things! and depth! like I always say this game as been dumbed down to go the easiest way (lazy)
08/03/2014 05:54 AMPosted by Rindorin

You claim blizzard doesn't listen but you ignore everything blizzard has listened to. People have unrealistic expectations and even when Blizzard delivers exactly what the players want they immediately demand something else and act like blizzard still isn't listening.

Thats why we have optimized pvp?
Thats why we have in depth character customization?Nope paragon is a !@#$ty excuse of optimization.
Blizzard implement ladders after 2 years of begging and crying Massive amounts of people lost hope and left game.
Lots of graphics including xfire show rapid decline in player base.
17+million sales RoS included and it peaks out at barely 50k players.

So no,blizzard does not do exactly what players want. If it did it would`nt lose more than 70% of its players.

That's why there's brawling, because they know that they can't deliver the pvp everyone wants right now. Maybe in the future after alot of the current dust with the ladders and so forth are implemented and running they'll get around to trying to get a fully functioning PvP system you guys will still say sucks.
Im playing Grim Dawn at the moment , I can say it is amazing fun .

Unfortunately I can see it being very short lived fun because its unfinished game.
If Diablo 3 had some actual end game content I wouldn't have had to seek another Action RPG to play .