Can I play with friends without RoS?

New Player Help
I'm planning on picking up D3 again with some friends, but they don't have RoS. Can we still play together?
I believe so.
Technical MVP, Blue, or someone else correct me if I'm wrong.
Technically yes, but it is no fun to play with a lvl 70 char with their lvl 60s.
If you have Reaper of Souls, then you can join in games that have been created by players that do not have the expansion. However, players that don’t have the expansion won’t be able to join games that were created by accounts that have been upgraded to Reaper of Souls.
08/11/2014 06:14 PMPosted by Araxom
If you have Reaper of Souls, then you can join in games that have been created by players that do not have the expansion. However, players that don’t have the expansion won’t be able to join games that were created by accounts that have been upgraded to Reaper of Souls.

Really, thats new and when did it change. Leveled a character with someone that did not own ROS ~5 weeks ago. Worked through campaign and they were able to join my game. Went fine until I moved to A5 at which time it kicked them from the game as they did not own ROS.
Yes I have also done that in Acts 1-4.
Act 5 and advernture mode are missige of cause.
And as mentioned ROS chars level up till 70 you can not stop them at 60.
So PvP is a bit unfair^^
Is the ROS joining non-ROS applicable for console? I tried joining my friend's regular game, it closed mine and asked me to insert diablo 3 cd (playstation 3).
I am on the Xbox 360 and when I try joining someone who just has diablo 3 it tells me to insert the diablo 3 disc when I already gave ros in, and then when I try to open the game up I don't see him in my online friends and when I try to join through xbox it still tells me to insert the disc, anyone else run into this?
exact same issue here - were you able to sort it out?
08/11/2014 06:14 PMPosted by Araxom

I did not know this. I think I gave someone else bad info...

11/02/2014 07:05 PMPosted by Redxjak
I am on the Xbox 360 and when I try joining someone who just has diablo 3 it tells me to insert the diablo 3 disc when I already gave ros in, and then when I try to open the game up I don't see him in my online friends and when I try to join through xbox it still tells me to insert the disc, anyone else run into this?

12/07/2014 01:39 PMPosted by aj45
exact same issue here - were you able to sort it out?

Console could be different. You should repost this Q in the Console forum
http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/9582320/
I have RoS and im playing with a friend that has vanilla D3 on PC... my question is... can i continue playing with him after level 60? like... can i somehow choose to just paragon level with him instead of collect RoS exp? because i'd rather not go past level 60 i want to farm with him on vanilla...