ps4 hard copy vs. ps4 digital copy

Console Discussion
Will the hard copy be getting the same things as the digital copy?
Yes.
08/07/2014 10:33 AMPosted by Lance
Yes.

Correct! (That applies to both pre-order bonuses and PlayStation exclusives.)
08/07/2014 10:50 AMPosted by Lylirra
Yes.

We've been hearing Blizz is planning on disregarding patch support for current gen (PS3/X360) and supporting next gen (PS4/Xbone). Does this have any validity to it at all? Is it true?
So it will also will be coming with extra character slots, Liber Canis Mortui and the extras . Sorry for double asking just wanting to make sure.
^ yes, it's part of the preorder DLC.
Ok thanks for the information.
From personal experience I never buy digital copies, the license is assigned to the console and not the account. So if there's ever a issue where you have to replace your ps4 your going to have to repurchase the game

Edit: this is with ps/xbox, they don't have it set up like blizzard does for computers
08/07/2014 10:50 AMPosted by Lylirra
Yes.

In a PS blog post today the author stated that persons who pre-order digitally from the PSN store will receive "a set of helm and weapon transmog recipes, a Spectral Hound minion, and three additional character slots." Is this true, or was he mistaken and hard copy pre-orders also get that stuff?

http://blog.us.playstation.com/2014/08/07/diablo-iii-on-ps4-new-ultimate-evil-edition-details/#sf4047236
I came here to post the same as bridgeburner above. The comments on the PS Blog seem to run contrary to what is being said above. He clearly states that the digital version will come with additional exclusives. I hope this is clarified. I would prefer to buy a physical copy if it includes the same bonuses.
Bump for the same reasons as the 2 above me.

I'm reading that pre-ordering digitally nets you the 2 transmog recipes, spectral hellhound, and additional slots (as well as all the other pre-order bonuses: tlou rift and sotc transmog for ps), and that the physical copy pre-orders will not be receiving these.

Can we get another confirmation from a blue that either they, or you, are mistaken? It has to be one way or another.

LIke the post above me, I would prefer the physical copy, but would gladly download the digital if the extra stuff is exclusive.
It's feels deliberately vague. The posts on the PlayStation Store/Blog infer that the bonuses are only available to those buying digitally.

"Secure your digital copy today and you'll also receive the following in-game items...

-Infernal Pauldrons: Give your Heroes starter bonuses with this exclusive item.
-Spectral Hound: Summon a companion for your Heroes.
-Arma Mortis: Teach the Mystic seven new weapon appearances.
-Arma Haereticorum: Teach the Mystic three new helmet appearances.
- Three additional character slots".

In Europe the price difference between the physical and digital version is very steep.

Some definitive clarification would be greatly appreciated.
I'm wondering about this too. I'm guessing we're getting all the preorder bonuses, but the wording is a little vague.
I can 100% confirm that the TLOU rift is for everyone on ps. It will be a day one patch. The transmogs also 100%. As for the 3 characters I'm not so sure.
Bump for justice.
08/09/2014 01:16 AMPosted by Azazel
As for the 3 characters I'm not so sure.

They're part of the preorder DLC.
08/08/2014 10:36 AMPosted by Makodus
It's feels deliberately vague. The posts on the PlayStation Store/Blog infer that the bonuses are only available to those buying digitally.

"Secure your digital copy today and you'll also receive the following in-game items...

-Infernal Pauldrons: Give your Heroes starter bonuses with this exclusive item.
- Three additional character slots".

In Europe the price difference between the physical and digital version is very steep.

Some definitive clarification would be greatly appreciated.

Agreed about it seeming to be deliberately vague.

I have to admit that while I am certain that both digital and physical copies get the same bonuses, I cancelled my physical pre-order & pre-ordered the digital copy.

Mostly so I didn't have to leave the house to get the game. LOL
I preordered at game stop for the physical copy and they gave me nothing?? I guess I am going tomorrow and canceling my preorder and buying on PSN..just to be sure.
I spoke with EB Games in Australia who contacted their buyer, No, the retail version does not ship with the extra DLC,

-Infernal Pauldrons: Give your Heroes starter bonuses with this exclusive Item.
- Three additional character slots.

It is a store digital copy exclusive.

Physical copy includes,

-Infernal Pauldrons: Give your Heroes starter bonuses with this exclusive Item.
Just remember.... The digital copy of games are tied to one account, so that means: If you purchased on Account 1 you cannot play on Account 2 on the same console unless it is a Master Account and should you choose to use on a second console you cannot have overlapping copies as in, digital and physical, well played Sony well played...