[Review] - Monks in 2.1 (PTR3)

Monk
Prev 1 4 5 6
08/13/2014 01:13 PMPosted by Strego
Im honestly ok with the nerf to trancendence. Im not ok with how hard they nerfed LPSS on gear though, they shouldve left that alone

LPSS on gear nerfed? Doesn't seem like it...

My Seph still has something like 350 LPSS on it. Are you talking about on weapons? I don't think I have one...
yea my weapon went from 1400 to 800
08/13/2014 12:40 PMPosted by ImpenDoom
08/13/2014 12:37 PMPosted by Druin
Monks were over-performing in Greater Rifts. This has been fixed.
Yes, GR32 was getting out of hand.

LOL Indeed
Transcendence nerf is quite upsetting, but I kind of suspected it would be nerfed. With the buff that they had previous PTR patch, I got healing over 400k per second on my monk (even shown on character list during the fight).
The other thing that could be nerfed is combination of Harmony and Sixth Sense. As it is now, you can easily use Harmony + Sixth Sense as replacement for OWE. Just get ~2000 to physical res and then you'll have max possible reduction (95%) for all resistances (you only need ~810 elemental resistance to get to 95% cap with Sixth Sense).
This is really cool, but I'm a bit afraid that someone in Blizzard will see is as too strong to give to monks (we did reach GR 32 on ptr, didn't we?)
^^ They effectively replaced 1 passive with 2. It was seen to be too strong as one, but 2 is fine... go figure.
08/13/2014 03:49 PMPosted by R3W1ND
^^ They effectively replaced 1 passive with 2. It was seen to be too strong as one, but 2 is fine... go figure.

Previously we did rely on OWE + STI. Now dexterity gives armor, old STI is obsolete. So, I'd say they replaced OWE + STI with Harmony and Sixth Sense + change of dexterity.
08/08/2014 11:14 AMPosted by Druin
Raiment is in the worst shape by far as it is tied to a single element, has a terrible 4pc, is tied to a single skill and has nearly no useful impact other than opening a single style of play that the VAST majority of people dislike intensely.

I know that many other players have given feedback on this set, but I thought I'd offer up my thoughts in this thread (apologies if someone has already suggested this):

(2) +500 Dexterity

(4) Lightning Skills deal 25% more damage, have 25% reduced resource cost, and have 25% cooldown reduction.

(6) After using Dashing Strike or on every third attack by a spirit spender, release Lightning at all nearby enemies for 3000% weapon damage.

These changes would keep the set useable in the same way it is now, but also make it way more versatile. Let's explain the changes. First, the 4 piece bonus. At first, it may seem overpowered, but it really isn't. The only skill that would benefit from all three bonuses is Seven Sided Strike. All other skills would only gain one or two of those bonuses. Second, the % damage and % reduced resource cost are in line with the Cindercoat, which is only one piece of armor, not 4 pieces of a set. Granted, only lightning skills benefit from all of this, but I don't think this set is going to be changed from a lightning theme, just like Firebird's is going to focus on fire.

The 6 piece bonus is where some diversity really comes into play. Most spirit spenders would gain this effect when they deal damage. To keep it somewhat balanced, some skills should probably not proc this effect, namely: your mantras, Epiphany, Mystic Ally, or Sweeping Wind. However, this would enhance every one of our main damage dealers, and really encourage the use of spirit. This set still favors lightning builds, but really could be used by most monks if they so desired.
So uh.....where's the Lightning Ally? Can't tell me Physical build needs 3 of them, what is this Phalanx? Is it to prevent the usage of Crudest or just an oversight? One of those skills that is better off without another element to it?

Also, someone pointed out, can't remember who, that the Air Ally went from Holy to Physical in the PTR but the patch notes have no documented changes.....
08/17/2014 01:08 AMPosted by Xuen
So uh.....where's the Lightning Ally? Can't tell me Physical build needs 3 of them, what is this Phalanx? Is it to prevent the usage of Crudest or just an oversight? One of those skills that is better off without another element to it?

Also, someone pointed out, can't remember who, that the Air Ally went from Holy to Physical in the PTR but the patch notes have no documented changes.....

STOP are you thinking of responding to this thread? If you are ... go to the one in the PTR forums please!! <3http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/13778007681

;)
WHy beg for Shenlong to get fixed instead of 1kS?