CLAN ARMORY: Loot Sharing within Clan

General Discussion
TL/DR: If you are below the age of 14, don't like reading wall's of text with big words, are fixated on BoA as the only solution, or have nothing more than a single word response in mind don't bother reading or responding as this Wall of Text will Crit you for 8% of your life per point presented. Otherwise, if you are interested in a possible solution to sharing loot among friends/clan mates I've listed several requirements below that would allow for a Clan Armory with considerably reduced risk of exploitation.

There are many complaints on the forums in regards to BoA time limits making it impossible to trade with your friends if they aren't in game with you, inability to trade with other clan mates and salvaging good items that you simply won't use. There is a way to solve this problem without opening the floodgate of issues related to unlimited trading by using a Clan Armory. I'm sure this has been presented before but I've taken the approach of someone who would aim to circumvent the system to patch any loopholes.

Basic Idea:
A Clan Armory is a place where you can take the items you've found and share them with your clan mates to use. Your clan mates will be able to see the items in the clan stash tabs and use them if they follow these rules (1-4 are critical):

1. You must be granted access to the clan armory by the clan leader or officers.

2. You must be in the clan for 1 week before gaining access to the armory and have participated in battles together.

3. If you leave the Clan, you do not get to keep the items you found in the Clan Armory (returned to armory).

4. If you leave the Clan, others do not get to keep the items you've added to the Clan Armory (trashed).

5. Clan members can see who added each item, which items are being used, by whom, and for how long.

6. Clan leaders and officers can recall items back to the clan armory after a certain time.

7. Clan leaders and officers can remove unwanted items from the clan armory (trashed)

8. The number of items you have taken from the armory may be limited based on your clan ranking to prevent hoarding (e.g. members may only have max 2 items out at a time, officers 5, leaders 10)

9. The maximum number of items a player can add to the clan armory may also need to be limited.

10. The number of slots you have available in the Clan Armory increases as your clan adds more members

11. Items you find in the clan armory cannot be destroyed or traded (up to debate on whether item stats/sockets can be re-rolled).

12. Items removed from the clan armory may be automatically returned to the armory if the player has not used the item(s) recently or has been inactive for an extended period of time (e.g. If I have a wand in my stash I haven't used in 2 weeks or if I haven't logged in for a month the items I took from the Clan armory may be returned)

Benefits:
  • Players in a Clan would finally be able to share items for other clan mates to use!
  • Provides access to items that would otherwise be scrapped
  • Encourages players to join or start a clan promoting more social behavior.
  • Creates a micro market for players to share loot between each other in a safe manner
  • Gives players another way to enjoy the grind, as you can directly contribute to your clan getting stronger by finding and sharing great items, and be recognized for it.

Prevents:
  • 3rd party traders to use the system for illicit transactions (takes 1 week to get armory access, items cannot be removed from armory if player leaves clan, items player contributes to clan would be removed upon leaving clan)
  • Players looking to join a clan just to raid their armory
  • New members from gearing up with complete gear sets in one go (limited # of items can be taken from armory)
  • BOT accounts from adding tons of items to Clan Armory (limited number of contributions per account)

any loopholes, recommendations or constructive feedback is welcome...
    The real problem with this plan is Blizzard has said they do not want trading. I thought for a long time that without trading this game would just shut down, I was wrong and imo so is trying to come up with a system that would work. After playing the first 2 seasons on PTR I have decided BoA is best for everyone, within 2 weeks I had virtually everything I needed to run T3 and within another 2 weeks I'm sure I would have made it to T6 or very close.

The problem with any trading is : it stops people from actually playing the game and getting lucky with the rng..

Although I do like this write-up especially you must wait a week to get anything idea and the forfeit anything if you quit or become inactive. But what if someone gets into an auto accident or a guild leader quits. There are too many moving parts to a system this huge and Blizzard doesn't even have the man hours to build such a system in a game that is not subscription based..

Sorry to say trading is gone best to accept it or move on.
    Not sure which idea I like the least

1. RMT

2. My epic loot being controlled by a clan leader / officers. I don't log in enough or we have a disagreement and you boot me and I lose the loots I traded for.
    free trade > boa > clan trade
    i actually like the idea.

as for the post above me, if you get booted out, your gear goes back to you. if you leave the clan, your gear goes back to you.

my sister just found a rimeheart and an azurewrath the other day with her monk (with her being paragon 60, i am sure lots of ppl are jealous, i am lol) ... and just now, i was just farming for RoRG when Frostburns dropped from a spider boss pack. i wish there was a way for me to give the frostburns to my sister so she can start shatter palming stuff before 2.1 hits and nerfs the rimeheart
    08/13/2014 03:40 AMPosted by Innovium

What do you estimate the impact on drop rates for this will be. Think of that in these terms... "every successful trade is an item which must not drop"

In this case, the damage is limited by the size of a clan. But I foresee very quickly everyone in D3 will be in a max-size clan... or as close to that as they are able.
    3. If you leave the Clan, you do not get to keep the items you found in the Clan Armory (returned to armory).

Awesome! So if I get kicked out of a clan, I lose all the items aquired from the armory, leaving me half naked unable to play even T1. That's great!

4. If you leave the Clan, others do not get to keep the items you've added to the Clan Armory (trashed).

Sounds like a nice way to grief/gank other players when you're done with a clan.

6. Clan leaders and officers can recall items back to the clan armory after a certain time.

Hmm, So an officer can screw me over by recalling items I need for a specific build? I love that!

/sarcasm
    LoL 3rd party sites can then start clans and rent items. Or you are using an item and a friend of the clan leader wants it.

Also Blizzard knows that any sharing or such can lead to duping. Ie: you have an item you put it into the guild bank, you exit at exactly the same time another withdraws it after inducing lag. This would not work but dupers used similar scenarios to dupe.

Just another exploitable lame boa workaround.
    I actually prefer something like a rental shop. I can rent out the items I have for a price. Say At least 10 gold for a week. After that the item is automatically returned to me via mail. The player who rented the item cannot sell, trade it away or scrap it. The fixed time limit will make it hell for anyone thinking they can sell items. This is because he will have to micromanage every item he sold. So the more items he sell, the more he has to engage in playing "Rental Simulator 2015".
    Some interesting feedback, certainly there are several points that could be revised but the basic premise remains the same. Having a clan armory would be a half step above no item sharing and a half step below trading. This should not affect drop rates as the items aren't actually being traded, they are simply being shared among friends/clan mates in a very limited scenario.

The temporal nature of the clan armory means you may not want to add your best items (that you plan to use) because once you give it to the armory it's no longer yours. That's the sacrifice you make so that you and others you play with may benefit, but ultimately you will want to find better gear that belongs to you.

I have a Wand of Woh in my stash (PTR drop haha) that is decent, but to be honest I'm never going to use it because I don't like the melee playstyle with wizard and prefer my TF for most builds. But right now it's sitting in my stash wasting away when someone who I play with might be able to use it, and in that scenario I would add it to the clan armory knowing it will be of use, but I may never see it again. I will not however, give up my TF or any really uber gear unless I really feel I could part with it.

The key is knowing that the items in the Clan Armory aren't permanent, you may not get to use them forever, but having them available may give you the opportunity to test new builds and classes with a few prices of decent gear long enough to find your own pieces. It promotes the concept of sharing, being part of team and hopefully contributing toward the enjoyment of others. How many of my clan mates would love to finally play a WoW build but haven't found the wand for since launch...

If you somehow found your way into a shady loot sharing clan with questionable leaders/officers, it's unlikely you would offer up your best gear knowing you could be kicked out the next day, additionally the items you added would not even be accessible to the clan afterwards. In any case, this is where the social aspect of the game would be boosted as you would benefit the most playing with friends you know and trust.

Ultimately, if half the community want some form of loot sharing and the other half do not then perhaps the answer is somewhere in-between...
    08/13/2014 09:55 AMPosted by Innovium
    This should not affect drop rates as the items aren't actually being traded, they are simply being shared among friends/clan mates in a very limited scenario.

"Sharing" and trading have the same effect. You (the person receiving the item) are effectively increasing your drop rate of good items by using someone else's drops. In this case, the impact of that is limited to the size of the clan, and the altruistic nature of the members.

I do like the idea, though. It's a greatly expanded version of an idea I had myself, where "clan trade" is effectively a "lending library". It eliminates a lot of the RMT aspects of trade, although I can see a farming team selling "subscriptions" to their stash.

This just increases the rift between soloing players and partying players even more, and it's already too damn big.

NO!
    08/13/2014 09:55 AMPosted by Innovium
    Ultimately, if half the community want some form of loot sharing and the other half do not then perhaps the answer is somewhere in-between...

I agree with this I've just never thought of any system which could reasonably coexist. It's like mixing hardcore and softcore. It's almost like two entirely different games dressed up to look the same. I've always thought it would take it's own mode, just like hardcore, for just that reason.

Of course, if it's true that 50% want trading then this would be a REALLY smart move on Blizzard's part. I'm just dubious that that's true.
    TL/DR: If you are below the age of 14, don't like reading wall's of text with big words, are fixated on BoA as the only solution, or have nothing more than a single word response in mind don't bother reading or responding as this Wall of Text will Crit you for 8% of your life per point presented.

Just wanted to point out that the OP was not a wall of text, it was a well thought out solution to a problem many complain about in the game, and was also formatted well in to paragraphs and bulletin points.
    or have nothing more than a single word response in mind

lame
    08/13/2014 03:57 AMPosted by Julkee
    The real problem with this plan is Blizzard has said they do not want trading. I thought for a long time that without trading this game would just shut down, I was wrong and imo so is trying to come up with a system that would work. After playing the first 2 seasons on PTR I have decided BoA is best for everyone, within 2 weeks I had virtually everything I needed to run T3 and within another 2 weeks I'm sure I would have made it to T6 or very close.

The problem with any trading is : it stops people from actually playing the game and getting lucky with the rng..

Although I do like this write-up especially you must wait a week to get anything idea and the forfeit anything if you quit or become inactive. But what if someone gets into an auto accident or a guild leader quits. There are too many moving parts to a system this huge and Blizzard doesn't even have the man hours to build such a system in a game that is not subscription based..

Sorry to say trading is gone best to accept it or move on.

This is probably the smartest thing said on the forum that I have encountered!
    08/13/2014 04:09 AMPosted by ivanp3000
    free trade > boa > clan trade

This
    The clan trade idea is really old and it's never gotten a mention from a blue. That tells me a lot about what good this thread does, other than make people all starry eyed when they think of trading.