Id like a straight up answer from Blizz pleas

Console Discussion
If I dont own my Xbox 360 anymore, Am I unable to transfer my characters? If so, was it really expected we keep our old console even though I wasnt able to afford my new one until selling the old one? Was any thought put into that? This is an enormous slap in the face. I bought This expansion under the pretence my characters were in some sort of "Cloud". Now, I am to find out that is not true after purchasing the game. Bad advertising? Yes. Poorly Thought out? Yes. Am I butt hurt? Well... yes but that's not the point.
I am curious about this is as well. They mention in the save transfer section of this site that you can manually import the save on the new console. Have you tried that at all?
Did you transfer from 360 to one or ps3 to ps4? Or did you stay on the same console?
Why would you assume your characters are saved in a cloud? Your save data is only cloud saved if you play for PS+ and stuff like that. Otherwise they're on the hard drive of your console.

Sorry for the convenience.
Same here there is a part of the instructions where it says if you don't own the original game you can still transfer it but it STILL says you need to insert the original disc. The instructions also say you can manually import with a usb, cloud save but nothing pops up when i start the UEE, it still says no save found. So basically all they should've put in the instruction save is you NEED your original copy of Diablo 3 and not

Q. What if I no longer have access to my original Diablo III disc and/or current-gen platform?
If you no longer have access to your original Diablo III disc and/or current-gen platform, don't worry—you may still be able to transfer your save data to another brand or platform generation for Ultimate Evil Edition.
You’ll need your save file (available via cloud storage, USB, hard drive, or memory unit), any current-gen Diablo III disc or a digital version of the game, and access to a current-gen platform (as with the disc, the platform doesn’t need to be yours).
From there, follow these quick steps.
Step 1: Insert the original Diablo III disc or launch the digital version of the game.
Step 2: Ensure that you are connected to the Internet.
Step 3: Download and install patch 1.0.3 for Diablo III onto the system.
Step 4: Log in to your Sony Entertainment Network or Xbox Live account.
Step 5: Import your saved data as normal (Xbox 360, PS3).
Step 6: Depending on what kind of transfer you’re looking to process at this point, refer to the appropriate category below for instructions on how to export and import saves from Diablo III to Ultimate Evil Edition.
Please tell me how Blizzard! Tell me how i can transfer my character without my original Diablo 3 disc because your instructions are pretty misleading
I don't get why it says "Q. What if I no longer have access to my original Diablo III disc and/or current-gen platform?" and then Step 1, the VERY FIRST STEP says "Step 1: Insert the original Diablo III disc" what was the point of making this a question???
Unless you have a ps3 with the game, you won't be able to transfer anything and you'll have to start from scratch.

There where tons of threads on this month's before the game came out, so saying that they didn't tell you this before you bought the game is just an excuse to point fingers for your own situation that you got into all on your own.

Lastly, my friend was in the sand situation as you, no Diablo 3 cd and no ps3 console. Lucky for him that I still have mine.

All I had to do was sign in with his account on my ps3, upload his saved file from the psn cloud on the ps3, get in game, import his save and done. He was able to export his save on his ps4 immediately.

If you still know someone that has a ps3 and still kept his Diablo 3 cd, then ask him to do that for you do that you'll make this thread invalid and wasted your rage on nothing.
Sorry I don't hang on these forums very often so maybe they should have made an announcement outside of them
Plus the help page is misleading regarding the transfers
Guess I will just buy a used copy and return it after I am done
In order to complete a saved data transfer to next-gen, you'll need three things: a save, a Diablo III disc (or access to a digital version of the game), and a current-gen system.

The reason the disc and system are important is that you'll need these to both download patch 1.0.3 for Diablo III (this patch enables the cross-brand/cross-generation transfers) and then export your save to our servers.

If you don't have your Diablo III disc and/or your Xbox 360, though, you're not out of luck.

All you need to do is borrow a disc (from a friend, family member, rent it from a store, etc), ditto for the 360, and then complete the steps provided below. If you have a friend that has a digital version of the game installed on a 360, that will work too!

Q. What if I no longer have access to my original Diablo III disc and/or current-gen platform?

If you no longer have access to your original Diablo III disc and/or current-gen platform, don't worry—you may still be able to transfer your save data to another brand or platform generation for Ultimate Evil Edition.

You’ll need your save file (available via cloud storage, USB, hard drive, or memory unit), any current-gen Diablo III disc or a digital version of the game, and access to a current-gen platform (as with the disc, the platform doesn’t need to be yours).

From there, follow these steps:

• Step 1: Insert the original Diablo III disc or launch the digital version of the game.
  • Step 2: Ensure that you are connected to the Internet.
  • Step 3: Download and install patch 1.0.3 for Diablo III onto the system.
  • Step 4: Log in to your Sony Entertainment Network or Xbox Live account.
  • Step 5: Import your saved data as normal (Xbox 360, PS3).
  • Step 6: Depending on what kind of transfer you’re looking to process at this point, refer to the appropriate category below for instructions on how to export and import saves from Diablo III to Ultimate Evil Edition.

Here are the different data transfer options:

More info: https://us.battle.net/d3/en/blog/15058023
Blizzard has had several gameplay events that were advertised here and on all other social networking sites. These events had Q and A and were very good at answering our questions. The question the op had was asked answered in clear plain english to the point I kept my PS 3 copy until I made sure my character went over. The question I have is will we see our own page on battle.net or a companion app?
Im looking to transfer progress to my ps4 from 360.
I no longer have my X360 disc , can I use the demo?
also will I need xbl on my xbox profile?

I havent been around these forums and didnt realise Id need to keep my 360 disc.
08/19/2014 02:05 PMPosted by mykill
Im looking to transfer progress to my ps4 from 360.
I no longer have my X360 disc , can I use the demo?
also will I need xbl on my xbox profile?

I havent been around these forums and didnt realise Id need to keep my 360 disc.

No. You cannot use the demo.

I don't believe you need XBL as this is just pushing the data out to Blizzard, but you will need to link both your XB and PSN accounts to your battlenet account.
This is the reason i backup ALL my saves to a 32gb usb drive every month. That goes for all my games. As a gamer you owe it to yourself to protect your investment, be it time, money, or your emotions.
D3 should just stick to PC

Console is holding back D3 from bigger party size, other big updates, not to mention PVP.
so would this still work if I don't have the original PS3 I played diablo 3 on? I have a different PS3 now so im curious if I just borrow a copy of D3 from work will I be able to export my save to my X1
08/19/2014 02:45 PMPosted by iTzAllCuBaN
so would this still work if I don't have the original PS3 I played diablo 3 on? I have a different PS3 now so im curious if I just borrow a copy of D3 from work will I be able to export my save to my X1

Yes, and yes.
thank you very much!!
I saved my D3 character on the cloud with the 360. Don't have the D3 copy anymore and have an xbox one and UEE. Any luck?