Keep getting kicked BECAUSE OF MONK in pub games, gg

Monk
Wow, so many people decided to just be jerks in this thread.

OP, unfortunately public games tend to kick monks unless the run a EP build. Its sad and very annoying but that is seen as the only thing a monk is good for by anyone who does not main a monk. I'm sorry you've been having that experience, you're gear and play style is going to be spot on once 2.1 hits live. I encourage you to check out the PTR to see what I mean.
I think this build is pretty interesting, but i honestly don't see it running T6. SWK clones wouldn't be spawning on top of mobs, unless you are on the PTR. That SoJ is out of place and the rather low CC would make inner storm take longer to be at three stacks. I don't have laws of seph or the hexing pants so I couldn't try this build. Also, what is your max spirit regen without epiphany?

EDIT: Also, a video would be great.
racism at it's finest
protip: Lookup Zdps pull Exploding palm monk build, you will NEVER EVER get booted from a game, they will demand you to join. That build EVERYONE loves to play with. In fact next time I'm online if you set that up that build and gear, I'm down to play. :P
I'm impressed at how many people in this thread that called OP's monk crap have crap monks themselves. There were maybe 4 good monks out of 13 profiles I checked. Although one had an amazingly well geared monk with the most baffling skill selection, so that could have just been experimenting before logging out. (Just so we're clear, I'm not claiming to have a great monk myself).

I actually quite like OP's monk, although I'd probably tweak it differently myself. I feel like Inna's Radiance might work out better than Laws of Seph, and then swap BF with EP:SS to make up for the spirit loss. Also, Exalted Soul would be a huge benefit since SWK is all about emptying a full globe of spirit as fast as possible.

As for why people kick you, they probably don't look super close - they see TR, and they don't see an obvious damage source, so they assume you're terrible. When you're running Raiment, they probably make similar assumptions.

-Hawk
ITT:

OP running a 2.1 build on live expecting it to function well.
08/15/2014 06:48 AMPosted by ZS47

I can handle T6 solo, and I find it the easiest way to do it as a monk.

Define "handle".

Also, hold on - I have to clear my throat...

olololololololololololololol
As has been stated, you get kicked because it looks like you dressed and skilled your monk blindfolded.What you got going on may work well solo, but in group play, it's about working efficiently.

Run zDPS and you'll never get kicked. If you are unsure about how to gear/skill look at my profile. I'm currently set up in my zDPS gear.

In group play t5-6, you gotta go above and beyond to be considered not a leech if you're trying to DPS. it's more beneficial (unfortunately) to just suck it up and play the stupid palm/pull monk. stuff will die faster, you'll get more loot, and you'll be so popular.
Just imagine Monks in group GRifts...

Everyone is so concerned with solo (JUST LIKE @ XPAC release) that it's very possible we will see NO monks period in group GRifts (with EP gone) which is where most of the higher rifting/fun will be.
08/15/2014 01:28 PMPosted by Hawk
I'm impressed at how many people in this thread that called OP's monk crap have crap monks themselves. There were maybe 4 good monks out of 13 profiles I checked. Although one had an amazingly well geared monk with the most baffling skill selection, so that could have just been experimenting before logging out. (Just so we're clear, I'm not claiming to have a great monk myself).

I actually quite like OP's monk, although I'd probably tweak it differently myself. I feel like Inna's Radiance might work out better than Laws of Seph, and then swap BF with EP:SS to make up for the spirit loss. Also, Exalted Soul would be a huge benefit since SWK is all about emptying a full globe of spirit as fast as possible.

As for why people kick you, they probably don't look super close - they see TR, and they don't see an obvious damage source, so they assume you're terrible. When you're running Raiment, they probably make similar assumptions.

-Hawk

We need the names of those monks please, cant just say bad ones than just not name them.
08/15/2014 01:28 PMPosted by Hawk

-Hawk

No, on live, if you join a pub-game outside of monk LS as a non-zdps with people you don't know, they will ask you to switch or kick you.

The problem really is that bad. They even kick Stormbreakers most of the time.
Happened to me too in a t5 game, got kicked for no reason (was on my holly SWK monk). Alone I can handle t6 without any problem (with unity sadly). Actually I think it happened more than once, so I just quit playing pubs.
Not sure why everyone is being such a jerk as was mentioned above. Maybe it's because he didn't have his stormbreaker gear equipped at first but still...

@OP

Stormbreaker is good for solo (though I'd recommend swapping out that Sun Keeper for an Odyn Son if you have it) but not really the best for groups. If you have extra gear it might be worth leveling up a support monk for T6 group games and relying on Exploding Palm for damage until 2.1 goes live. Shatter Palm is a pretty fun build if you can find the gear for it!
I play mostly T5 pubs and the randomness of will I have to take the lead or can I just add to what the super bad !@# other guy is missing? CC/DMG/SUSTAIN? What do ya got? What to you need? A sun wuko clone a stun or a shield?

You have to provide SOMETHING! If you suck at all 3 you deserve to get kicked.

In general, not with this specific instance.
this is because monk are vegetarians. it makes their punch weakest of all.
08/14/2014 08:48 PMPosted by ZS47
Not gonna play anymore untill they seriously buff this character, GG D3.

Wow this community.

Lemme help you, trust me, people will beg you to play with them.

Shoulders, Chest - Borns set
Gloves, Pants - Asheara's set
Belt, Boots - Captain Crimsons set
Those are all easy to get since you can craft it. All res gems in chest and pants.

I see you have the RoRG and the Az'Turrasq Fist weapon, good. Now you need a Doombringer or Sun Keeper with diamond in, also a Prysical SOJ, Strongarm Bracers, physical Neck (Halcyon's Ascent is awsome) and Laws of Seph with CDR gem.

I go for a support zDPS build, EP - Flesh is weak, CS - Implosion, Inner Sanctum - Forbidden Palace, Blinding Flash - Replenishing Light (Laws of Seph Help), Mantra of Conviction - Overawe (if your team is dying alot get Mantra of Healing, spam), Epiphany - Soothing Mist. Passives, Chant of Resonance, Sieze the Initiative, OWE, Beacon of Ytar.

Secondary stats should be focused around your OWE and Health globe bonus (for Epiphany and Mantra of Healing)
Might miss some BIS, this is of the top of my head.
Health globe bonus - Head, Chest, Boots.
OWE - Neck, Bracers, Gloves, Pants, Boots.

You need CDR on your Shoulders, Head (Gem), Rings - weapons where you can.

How I engage, I see a mob, prop Epiphany and use EP do dash to mob, CS, EP EP, Blinding flash, CS(if some ran away), Forbidden palace while always spamming mantra (healing due to soothing wind and bubble if Mantra of Healing is used). At this stage, keep you eye on the low hp creeps and make sure their tagged (with EP) and keep the other creeps in range of that one (some of them should also be tagged to create a cascading explosion). With RG I have a Furnace and use it, you can just buff (Forbidden palace, Mantra and EP palm) and blind him, remember with this build, you increasing your team effective damage by more than 70%.

If you get this setup in live now it's gg and you will be the king.

Just a tip, go check out other people's builds, PP build etc, I just prefer support zDPS build.

My build http://eu.battle.net/d3/en/profile/Kildalore-2350/hero/8468647
For the ones who helped provide some insight thanks!

I'm a new Monk and learned quite a bit from this thread. Had to filter but meh it's all good, it's a forum we should expect this lol
@OP, you've done it wrong. When my monk is in a pub game, other play won't stop opening rifts and want to add me to their friend list.