Do you actually enjoy leap quake?

Barbarian
I think it's cool jumping around smashing stuff like Hulk.
'Nother thought is to perhaps do away with that 'Earth' LQ bonus and add that powerful skill as a Rune (to utilize w/ other builds). Just a thought.
I played LQ for about 3 months before it got boring. Like most of you I played a Barbarian because I liked getting toe to toe and smashing some faces. Now I do furious charge which is only slightly more fun, but I find myself playing my Barb less and less each day
Personally I hate LQ. I'd rather run T5 lightning than T6 LQ. At least in the new patch you can run a lightning build for T6, you just won't get very far in greater rifts.
I do like EQ.

I wish there were other T6 effective builds though.
I can say I enjoy my lq barb. It is very fast and fun to me with 48% CDR. I feel my barb is squishy though not how the barbarian should be. I made another barb to try a cold build but its not that great...ended up using raekors on one barb and mote for my main char. I def want more options to builds though as of right now I'm OK on t6 dying some but if a barb doesn't play lq he can't do t6. Well that's how I see it anyways.

I'd like to stand toe to toe and actually use MELEE though
I grew bored of EQ when I first got it... But after leveling the other classes, I've come back to Barb and really think its GREAT... no other Class has the same opportunity.

When you think about it, most classes share the same skills, but wrapped in a different package. Haunt is like Rend, Dashing Strike like Charge, etc. No other class JUMPS!

Plus, Barb has many unique builds: Raekor, IK, EQ that can all work in the end-game. Can't say that for many classes, where there is really only 1 or 2 viable builds for t6.
I enjoyed it when I first got the set, but now it is fairly stale. If there were other viable builds that I could switch between maybe I would enjoy it more, but right now LQ outperforms everything by such a large margin on live that it just isn't fun to play another build.
08/18/2014 09:39 AMPosted by lbmn
I grew bored of EQ when I first got it... But after leveling the other classes, I've come back to Barb and really think its GREAT... no other Class has the same opportunity.

When you think about it, most classes share the same skills, but wrapped in a different package. Haunt is like Rend, Dashing Strike like Charge, etc. No other class JUMPS!

Plus, Barb has many unique builds: Raekor, IK, EQ that can all work in the end-game. Can't say that for many classes, where there is really only 1 or 2 viable builds for t6.

Wizards can teleport though, and skip pieces of the map as easily as a Barb. But I agree, it's really satisfying to Leap in the Tower Arreat maps and skip big chunks. I'm hoping LQ remains viable in 2.1 so I can still run it and run Raekor on a 2nd Barb.
I like it a lot. Makes u think and plan your quakes/ timing and leads to a lot of skill choices and build diversity.
I played barb in vanilla d2 which was "press whirlwind"
D2 expansion "press whirlwind"
Vanilla d3 "press whirlwind than sprint"
If we could get a good buff to spenders we could actually do something in between leaping besides frenzy or bash.
I love it actually. Maybe because I'm only about 60 hours into my barb? I dunno, I think it's real fun I might even be liking it more then my firelight sader which i never thought I would say. I used to play lightning raekors for te longest and that was fun too. I guess I'm just not picky. I HATE my demon hunter...
I don't really like it, but I got used to it. My wife hates it, she stopped playing Barbarian in high torments because you avoid the battle, instead of jumping into it.

But, the freezequake build in 2.1 got very fun to play. Leap and freeze 3x, Seismic Slam (FotVP) with ancients generating tons of resource, keeping the Berzerker Rage bonus. Crowd control is huge.

I didn't play much in the PTR, and didn't give much of a chance to Raekor yet, but it's not something I enjoy.
I agree with the above poster who said that leapquake is kind of like DT/WW was...tbh, Raekors is the only build that we've ever had that was really "barbaric". DT/WW involved sprinting around/through enemies like a faerie, leapquake involves a lot more close combat but you're typically trying to get away ASAP after leap hits cooldown, while FC puts your right into the enemy's grille until either he dies or you do. I adapted to WW, I adapted to leapquake, and I'm sure that I'll enjoy the new leapquake runes and/or FC spam just fine in 2.1...though I'd be happier with a mighty weapon that gives you 3 hota hammers instead of one and just get to hammer away like a "holy shotgun barb".
I really like it. I've always loved leaping around. It's such a huge feat of strength to jump that far.

I still use a generator and a spender, so I'm often in the thick of battle. I haven't been playing much DPS because our DoT damage is laughable when running with jade WDs and Sentry DHs. So instead I use ColdEQ and swap immunity amulets to stay alive in the center of battle. Not the best quality of life in game play, digging in my bag for amulets, but it let's me feel a little more barbarian if I don't have to run away. =D

I'm excited for the Earthen Might change, but I'm not excited to lose a passive for Fury. I feel like it's a band aid fix for our resource.
I rather go "Davion, the Dragon Knight" style.
I'm liking my combo with IK and MOTE, with a RORG ring. Not running T6 though, and don't really care about that until I have far better gear rolls. But I enjoy T3-4 with my build as it stands right now, I can easily carry a 4 man PUG.

I think of it like a jumping magnet, I don't find myself escaping unless I have the wrong ammy on due to immunity requirements. I melt everything in a few seconds, and by then I am ready to leap out to the next spot, and melt some more. I would prefer the actual 'leaping' to be less.....barbie bronie unicorn princess like, but....it slays.

Note: I use the IK bonus like 50% health gain, don't really pay much attention to the pets as they are really there to just absorb damage and let me not run like a rabbit. They do dish it out though, which makes them extra worth it. I use Vaxo to, which gives me party of 5.
08/17/2014 03:12 PMPosted by CC123
Now Im getting on in years (over 30 and some), Leapquake is like my high fiber diet.

I dont like it but have to do it so I get the best results......especially on the toilet but thats probably an overshare.

Cheers
CC123

That's simply poetic...
+1
I finally got my 3rd piece and I'm using Maximus with leap quake and I love it right now. Leaping around with fire chains is a lot of fun and damage!
Like M6 and jade doc they get boring after a while but that's the nature of life. You do something fun too much it loses it's fun-ness lol.
I hate it. I built a barb because I wanted to take my weapon and crush enemies with it. Not so I could leap leap leap.

I came back to the game after a while and it's disappointing to see the state barbs are in. I miss the D2 Barb.
I don't like it. The FC build is not appealing to me as well... I think Dino (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-oUwu46qrJM) set the highest possible standard for a well synergized build long time ago, and nothing will come even close to it :)