Patch 2.1 To Be Deployed At End Of August!

General Discussion
So all those who said 19th were wrong, How much you all wanna bet those saying the 26th... Well... Are wrong.
08/18/2014 06:20 PMPosted by Aziah
Destiny is gonna be terrible :[

um... did you participate in the Beta? if not you have no CLUE as to what you are talking about

the Destiny beta freaking ROCKED.

I can't wait for it to release.

I know one thing, when i finally come up for air from Destiny my Pity timer will definitely be maxed out on D3, so it'll be "legendaries raining from the sky for me".

Destiny was that good, and that was even only limited access to certain things...
oh... and the graphics are freaking unreal
end of august, but he didnt say the year

and destiny beta sucked, because shooters on consoles are a NO GO
08/17/2014 10:32 PMPosted by Brad
This is coming for a company whose game has a player that just hit Paragon 1000, and he thinks 700 is amazing?

1) Devs don't live in a basement and play D3 24/7

2) Devs also didn't exploit Malthael

3) Devs don't get payed to play either, they get payed to work (coding, development process)

So actually yes that's extremely impressive that a dev would be paragon 600-700 and yes that does mean they play more than the average person by a long country mile.
08/20/2014 09:38 AMPosted by Ranker
So all those who said 19th were wrong, How much you all wanna bet those saying the 26th... Well... Are wrong.

Let's bet

It's going to be next week, the fact there was nothing done besides a season end yesterday solidified that. If there was another PTR build with changes, that means they're not ready.
08/20/2014 12:30 PMPosted by IlIlIlIlIlIl
and destiny beta sucked, because shooters on consoles are a NO GO

so, because you feel shooters on consoles are a no go, Destiny beta sucked... instead of evaluating it for itself without your preconceptions

like the amazing graphics, the combination solo/mmo play they came up with where you can be doing your own quest, but then you get a call to participate in a group quest that upon completion puts you back into your ongoing quest.

the way weapons and armor and things are leveled up. the ground based game and the space based game, and the interplay between the 2

ok.

My first opinion was that it had a number of Diablo type aspects, like the "grinding" to find better gear, and upgrade that gear, the aspects of game play that allow you to basically explore everything or do quest based episodes (kinda like bounties vs rift vs campaign), etc.

but that's cause I don't think that a 1st person shooter on a console automatically sucks, just cause its a shooter on a console.

yeah just group it with all other console based shooters, despite all the new IP that was introduced.
08/20/2014 12:40 PMPosted by MasterJay
08/20/2014 09:38 AMPosted by Ranker

Let's bet

It's going to be next week, the fact there was nothing done besides a season end yesterday solidified that. If there was another PTR build with changes, that means they're not ready.

Let's! :)
08/17/2014 08:24 PMPosted by Morbus
Yup, 08/19 or 08/26. My bet is the 19th.

Wrong once and I'm betting you'll be wrong again.

08/20/2014 12:39 PMPosted by MasterJay
1) Devs don't live in a basement and play D3 24/7
2) Devs also didn't exploit Malthael
3) Devs don't get payed to play either, they get payed to work (coding, development process)

4) Testing. And they certainly get paid for their time.
Please no on the 26th. Supposed to go to Vegas for my birthday. September 2nd would do nicely though. Thanks.
It would be nice if they gave us a 1 week heads-up so we could plan accordingly. There's no reason to just suddenly drop it on us.
08/21/2014 12:21 PMPosted by BurningRope
It would be nice if they gave us a 1 week heads-up so we could plan accordingly. There's no reason to just suddenly drop it on us.

What do you need to plan for? im sure the game will still be here if are unable to play it.
Sep 23 2014 is the first day of Autumn/Fall, so that might be a good day to start "Seasons".
I have a secret and its called September 9, 2014. That is all. You guys can believe it or not doesn't change the FACT
08/21/2014 01:15 PMPosted by Bulgar
I have a secret and its called September 9, 2014. That is all. You guys can believe it or not doesn't change the FACT

I'll be balls deep in Destiny by then, in my shiny white ps4. Ashame it's taken this long
08/17/2014 09:07 PMPosted by doyoulift
08/17/2014 08:46 PMPosted by DoobieJC
Well sorry to burst your bubbles but definitely not the 19th. PTR is not down yet, but when it does then it will be released shortly after that. More like August 26th or Sept 2nd.

sept 2 = end of august

got it

I took his remark as a casual best guess. They can never really say because they never know it they will hit a glitch. Worst cace it is the 2nd of sept. and then all the haters can make a big deal of it. This is exactly why we see blizzard not offering more predictions.
08/17/2014 10:32 PMPosted by Brad
Oh god, that video is hilarious! Skip to 11:00 to hear how much he plays Diablo 3.

"If you're not playing your own game, there's a problem"

"Probably we play it a lot more than most people"

"I've seen some Paragon 600's, we've actually got a guy in the office who's almost Paragon 700. It's pretty amazing"

This is coming for a company whose game has a player that just hit Paragon 1000, and he thinks 700 is amazing? Either they really are as distant from their community as we though, they just don't know about it, or they just don't find it impressive when he probably used every exploit known to man since 2.0 launched. Still, exploits or not, that's more dedication and time wasting that most of us will ever have, or deem worthy of our time.

Lets see that paragon 1000 do that WITH A JOB!
Remember they are guess estimating making it the end of august but never give out a date because they know it won't make it by then but want to keep the carrot dangling so players wont quit since playing now doesn't help you when seasons start