Tens of Millions of Dollars

Console Discussion
Lost by not having a PC to PS4 character transfer option. You would have essentially encouraged people to repurchase a game they already had and doubled profits on content already created. From what I've read on the forums, most would have done this happily. Q2 2014 earnings would have topped Q2 2013 earnings, which broke the billion mark. As both a shareholder and fan of the game I'm disappointed this wasn't an option. I would like to play with my PS4 friends and colleagues, but can not stomach losing all of those paragon levels. Really big lost opportunity here Blizz. Is Kotick aware of this?
Interesting why they don't allow that. It's obvious why they wouldn't allow a transfer from PS4 to PC but allowing a PC character to go to PS4 seems safe and easy.
I imagine its substantially more complex then you think it is to make that happen.
08/19/2014 04:28 PMPosted by SynthFEtish
I imagine its substantially more complex then you think it is to make that happen.

Final Fantasy (11?) had PC/Platform playability cross over. I'm not a programmer. I'm sure there is different coding involved. Just seems like a missed opportunity if it was even remotely possible. If it is still possible, I hope they make it happen before years end. It would be a nice cherry on top of Destiny, WoD and Skylander holiday sales.
Let's put it this way...

Your PC speaks Japanese.

Your PS4 speaks Mandarin.

Similar, but in no way can the one allow you to speak the other. They are literally two completely different languages. Macs and PC's speak mostly the same language, similar to American and English.
Anything is possible. They just don't want to make more money.
Did you ever consider that Blizzard simply did not want to give the PC players a significant "power" advantage compared with the console specific players on the console version of the game. Makes sense to me...

I do not see the point of transferring your account to the console version unless you plan to play with other PC players on console. Anyone just starting on the console version would be quite far behind otherwise.
08/19/2014 04:52 PMPosted by ViRaL
Did you ever consider that Blizzard simply did not want to give the PC players a significant "power" advantage compared with the console specific players on the console version of the game. Makes sense to me...

I do not see the point of transferring your account to the console version unless you plan to play with other PC players on console. Anyone just starting on the console version would be quite far behind otherwise.

If this was true they would have done more about the hacking. Much more of an advantage going to them.
08/19/2014 04:36 PMPosted by Appletinii
08/19/2014 04:28 PMPosted by SynthFEtish

Final Fantasy (11?) had PC/Platform playability cross over. I'm not a programmer. I'm sure there is different coding involved. Just seems like a missed opportunity if it was even remotely possible. If it is still possible, I hope they make it happen before years end. It would be a nice cherry on top of Destiny, WoD and Skylander holiday sales.

FF11 (and FFXIV) is the essentially the same game on console and PC, Diablo III is not. Also FF runs on dedicated servers D3 console is peer to peer.

I personally am glad that they kept the two experiances separate, I think that if they would have tried to meld the two into one, they both would have suffered.
08/19/2014 05:04 PMPosted by Rhenik
http://us.blizzard.com/en-us/company/careers/posting.html?id=13000CS

Lol, I know right? Just think of the micro-transaction possibility. They could charge for the character transfer service and make a bundle.
completely different versions of the game and most pc players would never lower themselves to a console diablo that is modded already.
The lack of transfer has held me back from purchasing the game. I still may as the idea of playing form my couch on a big screen is very enticing, but really don't want to level multiple level 70s again as well as paragon levels.

I wonder if someone with more technical knowledge than me can answer why they couldn't just give us a one-time character copy like the PTR, because I really can't see why it couldn't be done.
08/20/2014 01:40 PMPosted by kbilly70
The lack of transfer has held me back from purchasing the game. I still may as the idea of playing form my couch on a big screen is very enticing, but really don't want to level multiple level 70s again as well as paragon levels.

I wonder if someone with more technical knowledge than me can answer why they couldn't just give us a one-time character copy like the PTR, because I really can't see why it couldn't be done.

Its the paragon levels that hurt. All that life on hit, resist all, movement speed, ect, when your leveling characters is a godsend. I had a little bit from playing on xbox, but its nowhere near what I have on PC. I miss it, greatly.

But the experience on PS4 really is the definitive one. Graphics are sharper, brighter, faster, the dodge function(why isnt this in the PC version yet?), the new social features, the kill streak bonuses, ect. The game is just more fun. And it just feels more visceral, almost like an action game. Maybe its that you are using a controller, and the view is closer, im not sure. But it just feels better. Since they have confirmed that next gen console will get patch support equal to PC, I see little reason to go back at this point.
08/19/2014 04:36 PMPosted by Appletinii
Final Fantasy (11?) had PC/Platform playability cross over. I'm not a programmer.

FF11 was built with that in mind... so was FF14, DCUO, Destiny, Warframe, Lost Planet 1, Shadowrun (the shooter), and whatever. This is just not one of them.
08/19/2014 04:08 PMPosted by Appletinii
I would like to play with my PS4 friends and colleagues, but can not stomach losing all of those paragon levels.

Just edit a save file to get your paragon levels back.