Community buffs

General Discussion
I think these could be great and make the game feel more dynamic (instead of stale) if done more frequently or, preferably, on a regular basis. A 50% gold find buff is a good start, but how about something a little more exciting? Simple idea:

Monday: 200% bonus to legendary offhand find
Tuesday: 100% bonus to legendary ring find
Wendesday: 100% bonus to legendary amulet find
Thursday: 100% bonus to legendary 1H wepon find
Friday: 100% bonus legendary find to class-specific items
Weeked: 50% bonus to all legendary drop rates

Would you play the game more often if these were implemented? I sure would!
Everyone would quit after a week of finding everything.
Normalized over the course of the week, these numbers aren't that big (10-20% tops).

I was just throwing stuff out there. Wouldn't it be fun to have more events that feel exciting?
08/21/2014 01:11 PMPosted by Prime
Everyone would quit after a week of finding everything.

No... no, they wouldn't. See what I did there?
Gimmie, gimmie, gimmie. Gee blizzard gimmie , I don't want to have to work for anything.

The rates are fine. Kill more mobs you might actually find something. I say this because I see people that play rift it forward , and gamble with kadala. Why sould they get more than those actually farming in the game.

We are all slave to rhg, but I believe a lot hinges on how we play. Blizzard does not need to encourage lazy play any more than they already have.
08/21/2014 01:25 PMPosted by DeadRu
Gimmie, gimmie, gimmie. Gee blizzard gimmie , I don't want to have to work for anything.

The rates are fine. Kill more mobs you might actually find something. I say this because I see people that play rift it forward , and gamble with kadala. Why sould they get more than those actually farming in the game.

We are all slave to rhg, but I believe a lot hinges on how we play. Blizzard does not need to encourage lazy play any more than they already have.

d3 is now a casual game no !@#$ people want every thing faster i don't want to farm for my whole life to find my last 6/6 item
I'd like to see community buffs happen often, like maybe something every weekend.

I see other games that hold frequent community events (Gears of War for example) and I don't see a reason why Blizz can't do the same with Diablo 3.
08/21/2014 01:09 PMPosted by Fury
I think these could be great and make the game feel more dynamic (instead of stale) if done more frequently or, preferably, on a regular basis. A 50% gold find buff is a good start, but how about something a little more exciting? Simple idea:

these suggestions really speak more to finding specific loot... i suppose they help give a small boost to help find those specific gears..

i'd however rather see "community events" be content related.. along with some amount of community buffs.. thus more variety.

when i say content related.. i mean something like the "jar of souls" event, the follower side quests.. something like that.. as a community event pop up every once in a season or month... maybe even providing a nice vanity item or special legendary.. that would be more interesting to me.. even something akin to the "Nemesis system" that is on the UEE PS4 edition of this game.. where if you die to a monster it comes back stronger and able to hunt some1 down on your friends list.. to me "community events" should be short term new content or rarely encountered content that feels like it refreshes the gaming experience and generates excitement..

the only real buffs i enjoy are xp and loot buffs.. but this sort of thing can get stale after doing it too often as well..

addition))) as a side i'd add 2 idea events i just thought about which would be amusing and interesting.. summer cooldown community event == 50% reduction on all cooldown skills, and winter warm up event = 30% increase fire elemental dmg.. well it's a silly idea but i think it would be fun..
they don't cater to casual's anymore you missed out on auction house when it was easy to get everything day 1.

08/21/2014 01:35 PMPosted by Mrpopo
08/21/2014 01:25 PMPosted by DeadRu

d3 is now a casual game no !@#$ people want every thing faster i don't want to farm for my whole life to find my last 6/6 item

you have barely any play time, so yeah you are casual.
@fury hey i like the ideas, don't listen to deadru and his "top mind" lol just take a look at his horrific profile and you'll understand why he's always mad...anyway yes i think community buffs are awesome and would give players more incentive to play or focus on certain things.

I'd like to see some more events cause as of lately things feel boring and i don't consider myself a hardcore player, but the patch and seasons are coming so that should keep things interesting for awhile. Its not a gimme gimme everything now post, the OP is just putting ideas out there and of course the first few ppl to respond shut it down. A lot of players have hit walls and are frustrated.

Everyone's looking for new content because things are getting stagnant, ppl are mad, bored etc...patch will be here soon, great but buffs every now and then don't hurt the game.
08/21/2014 01:09 PMPosted by Fury

I like the idea but its highly unlikely that blizz would do a daily buff. They love how their RNG drives players like madmen to play for hours on to end praying that the item they want drops.
i would rather quarterly events. with a legendary tied to that event.
08/21/2014 01:35 PMPosted by Mrpopo

Indeed.