Can someone explain console difficulty?

Console Discussion
Would someone please be willing to explain difficulty settings and how they relate to the loot and experience that you get for each kill?

Thanks
It's pretty much the same as PC now. You can bonuses for each difficulty on the quest select menu.

Normal: 100% Health, 100% Damage, 0% extra gold bonus, 0% extra XP bonus
Hard: 200% Health, 130% Damage, 75% extra gold bonus, 75% extra XP bonus
Expert: 320% Health, 189% Damage, 100% extra gold bonus, 100% extra XP bonus
Master: 512% Health, 273% Damage, 200% extra gold bonus, 200% extra XP bonus
Torment I: 819% Health, 396% Damage, 300% extra gold bonus, 300% extra XP bonus
Torment II: 1311% Health, 575% Damage, 400% extra gold bonus, 400% extra XP bonus
Torment III: 2097% Health, 833% Damage, 550% extra gold bonus, 550% extra XP bonus
Torment IV: 3355% Health, 1208% Damage, 800% extra gold bonus, 800% extra XP bonus
Torment V: 5369% Health, 1752% Damage, 1150% extra gold bonus, 1150% extra XP bonus
Torment VI: 8590% Health, 2540% Damage, 1600% extra gold bonus, 1600% extra XP bonus

Source: http://us.battle.net/d3/en/game/guide/gameplay/game-difficulty
The console difficulties listed on this page are for vanilla and are out of data for Reaper.
Thank you very much for your reply. It appears that experience and gold go up with difficulty, but there is no additional chance of good loot drops at higher difficulty? Seems strange.

Thanks again.
08/20/2014 12:39 PMPosted by hamburglar86
Thank you very much for your reply. It appears that experience and gold go up with difficulty, but there is no additional chance of good loot drops at higher difficulty? Seems strange.

Thanks again.

Not until you get into Torment levels.
Any clarity on the REQUIREMENTS for joining higher difficulty games?

One of my buddies joined me (apprenticed up) as I beat act V.

I rolled into adventure mode @61 (played expert all the way up) and I had the ability to play any difficulty I wanted. When I was on master or beyond, though, he couldn't join (was lvl 45ish) my game do the difficulty setting. Set it back to 'expert' and he could join in.

Another buddy just finished act V to unlock adventure mode and is lvl 59. He can set it to master but not torment.

So - is it completion of the 'game'? Tied to levels? A bit of both?

If I have my buddy join me for expert adventure as he levels up will he be eventually able to join me in master & T1+ or will he have to defeat the acts?
I am pretty proud of my gear from the ps3, went straight to difficulty IV and met a barb lvl 64 with 700k plus dmg, I did around 400k damage. We were doing pretty decent until we got mid act V then we got our asses kicked. Can safely say the game got pretty interesting
08/20/2014 12:59 PMPosted by Timeetyo
nother buddy just finished act V to unlock adventure mode and is lvl 59. He can set it to master but not torment.

Unlocking the difficulty settings in UEE is a little different than any other version of Diablo, so I'll list how and when each difficulty unlocks to help clear it up. Good question!

• Expert unlocks at level 10
  • Master unlocks at level 50, or the completion of Act IV
  • Torment unlocks at level 60
Hold on one sec here Grim. expert level is already available for me when i start a fresh new game (completely fresh, no paragon and new char, erased save) i can still chose expert from the start even if im level 1.
it's same as PC after a character reaches levels 10 50 and 60 all difficulties unlock You only need 1 character at that.
08/20/2014 04:28 PMPosted by Nissep
Hold on one sec here Grim. expert level is already available for me when i start a fresh new game (completely fresh, no paragon and new char, erased save) i can still chose expert from the start even if im level 1.

But you already have a character who has reached level 10, right? That's why it's unlocked. It's not per character.
I had expert unlocked from the beginning and I've never played the game before. I did pre order it though so maybe that's why.
I've reached level 20 and Expert still isn't unlocked for me.
I am replying to hamburglar86. There are better drops at higher difficulty because enemies that do not show up in say normal, such as blue groups and yellow mini bosses that drop way better loot do show up randomly at the harder settings. Not really a drop rate thing, but if you figure it in the drop rate is technically way better.
nother buddy just finished act V to unlock adventure mode and is lvl 59. He can set it to master but not torment.

Unlocking the difficulty settings in UEE is a little different than any other version of Diablo, so I'll list how and when each difficulty unlocks to help clear it up. Good question!

This is incorrect, I started my toon from level 1 in Expert difficulty
08/20/2014 02:35 PMPosted by Grimiku

Pretty sure the master setting is incorrect (or bugged).

We got my buddy up to lvl 50 and he still wasn't able to join my master game.
i hate to say this but this is a classic example of, i created the game but dont know what is going on with it.

From what us PC people have discovered through trial and error because we never received an instruction manual from the Devs either.

1. you start fresh guy new game no characters at all, and shoud be able to change the dificulty to expert.

2. Master should unlock after you complete Act 4.

3. Adventure mode unlocks after you complete Act 5

4. Torment unlocks at level 60.

what most of us PC users did was go normal to act 5 complete (super easy) then we started grinding the rest of our levels in Adventure mode because you get BLOOD SHARDS only in adventure mode and you can open RIFTS in adventure mode which have increased LEGENDARY drop chances and more ELITE densely populated maps which means faster leveling.

i hope this helps guys
Xbox 360 ,and ps3 version was incredibly better then the hacked horrible patches and a lot of anti so demon hunters that will just run ahead and kill every LoL real fun a lot of team work. Now the ps4 and Xbox one is not the same even better then old consoles version but a bell of a lot better then pc d3 they failed with that. Diablo 1 and 2 I felt were ment more for pc I loved it but diablo 3 is a whole different thing here. Well my point is I have been playing since day one and I can tel you if you want to play d3 go with console I would prefer new generation console because it is best version and will continue to get patches just like pc. My opinion ps4 is the best way to enjoy d3 pc version is a failure.
Ok so i have a weird thing that happened to me.... I have a Monk that is level 70 50 some paragon and i was bored last night so i made a crusader....at the start of the game only let me do hard....i now have my crusader at level 30 (purely going adventure mode) and i am walking through master and it is letting me do torment difficulty...I thought you had to be lvl 70?? any idea's why its letting me do all the difficulties?? Playing on xbx 360 by the way
I've been told Torment levels go up to 10 on PS4 & X-Box One, like on the PC version.

Is this true? Or does it only go to 6?