TY for "Tavern Talk" on Twitch today

General Discussion
Prev 1 2 3 6 Next
08/21/2014 04:13 PMPosted by Jason
I like D3, and I look forward to 2.1, but this "chat" just left me feeling that they are out of touch with fans and the game in a very literal way.
This is what happens when you get people more concerned with the statistics and numbers, rather than having the philosophical insight and reasoning to understand the concepts that their player base wants conveyed.

You guys scoffed at the imagination of gamers with philosophy degrees, and look where we are now. You shunned and disregarded them.

Look where we !@#$ing are now!

Your hubris has undone us.
The stream felt pretty uneventful.
Don't listen to those kids, devs. The game is great, all the changes made to improve it were awesome, and theres havent been a single change that not improved the game.

Those kids are just too nostalgic. If they play D1 or D2 today they would be bored a lot sooner than with D3. I would like to see how long they would last TODAY playing D2. Specially before any patch or expansion.

Don't get me wrong, I love D2, I played when it came out, it was awesome, and it is, but there was nothing like it in that period. D3 have a lot more competition. Its hard to make some changes without modifying the game purpose. Its hard to bring inovations in times like these, for anyone in every field of creativity.

But if they still think its so much better than D3, why they dont play it?

They just can't understand that this is not a mmorpg, this is not supposed to last forever. When you reach the end-game,you got the best gear possible, you gear all your chars of all classes, its done. Still, every patch and expansion (counting on future ones) give ppl a reason to still keep playing for another months.

What will you be doing when you reach end-game on D2?

Still, ppl want trade back, want to get itens more easy, want better loot, target farming, better drop-rate from Kadala...

The fun is when its hard! If they are already bored now, what if it was easier? They would just get bored sooner.

The fun of Diablo's end-game (2, 3) is progressing your char, and comparing to D2 on D3 you have a LOT, a LOT of more ways to do it, and they think PvP will solve anything, but they would get bored and start to whine about making PvP better in some way. Or bringing trade back, that would just make it faster to get to the end-game so they could get bored faster and !@#$% about it?

Stop whining, if you don't like D3 uninstall it and stop pissing around the forums. Theres a lot of other options, I would like to see how long you would last playing another ARPG. Go play a mmorpg. Or just go play D2, you love so much, the servers are still up.

They will never be satisfied cause they're spoiled kids. They don't understand what D3 is supposed to be.

If they stop acting just like spoiled kids and start to make suggestions, maybe that will help the game get even better.

But its hard to be in the skin of a dev when 50% complain about one thing, then they remove it, and the other 50% complain that want that thing back.

Its quite simple, guys, if you like it, play it, if don't, don't play it.

And by last, I can see by the number of hours played by any char that you had enough fun to worth the bucks you spent on the game, so don't say you've been fooled and spent money on something you did not enjoy, cause you did, by far enough,
^
I'm bias and have fused my rose colored glasses into my cranium.

Pretty much sums up the entirety of your post.
08/21/2014 12:50 PMPosted by Krazymagic
I agree. thanks for the stream. The immature kids will be the loudest as they scream and throw their fits about everything from the free gold find buff to everything you didnt get to talk about, but the mature members out here who watched appreciate it.

I tuned in from work and listened to most of it in the background. I was hoping for a release date announcement but I understand why one isnt being given.

The thing that drives me most nuts is people like you have your own definitions of mature and immature. Your definition of immature = anyone who has a problem with the game at all. And your definition of mature = fanboys.
John Yang for President!!!!

Brandy Camel, well she is...cute/wonderfull/precious aka awesome ;)

i liked to hear what they think und what their plans for the future,
but it has a bad taste of scripted Q&A than a real interaction with gamers.
08/21/2014 10:49 PMPosted by Eluvium
Don't listen to those kids, devs. The game is great, all the changes made to improve it were awesome, and theres havent been a single change that not improved the game. Those kids are just too nostalgic.

08/21/2014 10:49 PMPosted by Eluvium
They will never be satisfied cause they're spoiled kids. They don't understand what D3 is supposed to be.

This post, this !@#$ing post, should be framed and put on display and titled:
"The unforeseen downfall of the Diablo franchise; you don't know what you REALLY want"

08/22/2014 04:21 AMPosted by Whiplash
Your definition of immature = anyone who has a problem with the game at all. And your definition of mature = fanboys.

Yes, exactly, thank you. If you don't love it blindly then you are just thinking about it too hard or you should stop expecting so much. Blizzard gained a reputation for taking in player feedback and making meaningful changes. That's utterly lost and yet we are the immature ones, seeking answers.
I haven't had time to PTR (or even play that much) so watching the video over dinner was great.

It's nice to see the developers getting as excited as the player base about release.

+1 to do more streams like this in the future.
08/21/2014 01:00 PMPosted by Karokk
Everything was "awesome".

♫~ Everything is cool when you're part of a team! ~♫

(Seriously, that's one of my biggest takeaways as I rewatch the video and take notes. LEARN SOME MORE ADJECTIVES, NEVA, GEEZ.)

08/21/2014 05:43 PMPosted by Wats
This is exactly why I am surprised that anyone enjoyed the pre-recording. Lets not kid ourselves. It was done ahead of time.

I can most certainly assure you it was live. There's some things we do a little in advance (such as creating the graphics and animations used before, during, and after the stream, capturing video for some of the talking points, etc.) but the actual show was shot in a live environment and nothing was scripted. The notes I have in my lap are all extremely general, mostly to make sure we cover specific points we wanted to talk about (reminders about Seasons, Greater Rifts, Legendary Gems, any details we wanted to make sure folks know about, etc.) and so I could read all the questions we took from Twitter/Forums. Sort of like cue cards, except they're all short bullet points and acting as prompts for my terrible, goldfish-like memory. :P

08/21/2014 04:07 PMPosted by BurningRope
Anybody have a link to a source where I could watch? Thanks in advance!

You can view the video on either Twitch or YouTube. :)

Other talks have new information

The PTR has been up for quite some time, and we're ramping up for release before the end of the month. If you've been keeping up with the PTR, yes, it's information you're aware of because that's what we're currently working on. If you haven't, a lot of this is probably new information for you.

08/21/2014 06:01 PMPosted by grumpyninja
Not sure if that's the kind of thing she usually does for blizz but it seemed pretty natural for her.

Ahaha, glad I seemed that way. I was bundle of nerves. :X This is my background though! I attended school for video and post production as well as theatre and improvisation. I'm admittedly rusty, but I have a lot of training I've gotten the opportunity to use lately!

08/21/2014 07:20 PMPosted by Jason
Well, given that it was labeled as a discussion, and that it was on twitch, I was expecting exchange between the devs and the viewers.

The majority of time was dedicated to player questions, but I understand your concern. I'll take that feedback and add it to my notes for when we review what we can learn from this experience. :)

08/22/2014 10:00 AMPosted by WaywornSoup
I haven't had time to PTR (or even play that much) so watching the video over dinner was great.

It's nice to see the developers getting as excited as the player base about release.

We're glad you found the stream helpful/enjoyable, this was certainly one of the goals! It's also something we have interest in continuing to do if you guys liked it!

We're stoked to get 2.1.0 in your hands, and can't wait to jump into Seasons alongside you!
08/22/2014 11:10 AMPosted by Nevalistis

Conformist.

>.>

<.<
a lot of game play issues were not touched, like gem crafting time delay, storage issues, character slots, etc.

oh well, I thought Nevalistis was cute, lol
08/22/2014 11:16 AMPosted by TheChemist

I was all like "WTF!? WHERE'S THE PIG TAILS!?"

She rocks a French Braid too, but I was just shocked.
08/22/2014 11:16 AMPosted by TheChemist
a lot of game play issues were not touched, like gem crafting time delay, storage issues, character slots, etc.

Gem crafting time is a very minor issue imo. Were talking seconds here in most cases. We are getting one extra stash tab in 2.1 so that will be nice. Character slots, I think that probably should be expanded as well, given seasons are coming around... Half my character slots are Mules for gear.

The girl in the stream may be cute, but she is also married, if that ring on her finger was any indicator.
We're glad you found the stream helpful/enjoyable, this was certainly one of the goals! It's also something we have interest in continuing to do if you guys liked it!

yeah keep going with that, but why dont you deals with the high rated questions on your blog?
As an entirely casual player who listened to the stream while doing stuff around the house, I really appreciated the few seconds the devs took out to explain what builds were in question at certain points, damage ratio in the barbarian thoughts, and other things. It made sense, and I was able to follow along.

I can confidently say that I (though I have both D3 and RoS) walked into this stream not knowing a lick of D3 beyond "70 is the cap(which I still have yet to hit on my Crusader..)" and walked out feeling like I took in a lot of information, ideas for builds, the difference between the game as a fresh 70 vs a fully geared 70 and the balancing around that, the thoughts behind a dev, a thorough idea of greater rifts and seasons, and much more.

Cosmetically, I thought the room looked really great. D3 and RoS memorabilia everywhere really added to the atmosphere, and even the text when a twitter question popped up. The team seemed to answer the questions with well thought out answers, and the jokes and bickering among one another made it feel a lot more organic.

Overall, 10/10. Well done.

P.S. I'm crushing on Nevalistis.
My opinion is that the devs have made an awful lot of assumptions about what the player base will like and I found a lot of them pretty sketchy. If they are in contact with some portion of the player base then it's a portion I'm unfamiliar with.... a group not represented on these boards.
08/21/2014 01:00 PMPosted by Karokk
Everything was "awesome".

(Seriously, that's one of my biggest takeaways as I rewatch the video and take notes. LEARN SOME MORE ADJECTIVES, NEVA, GEEZ.)

This is exactly why I am surprised that anyone enjoyed the pre-recording. Lets not kid ourselves. It was done ahead of time.

I can most certainly assure you it was live. There's some things we do a little in advance (such as creating the graphics and animations used before, during, and after the stream, capturing video for some of the talking points, etc.) but the actual show was shot in a live environment and nothing was scripted. The notes I have in my lap are all extremely general, mostly to make sure we cover specific points we wanted to talk about (reminders about Seasons, Greater Rifts, Legendary Gems, any details we wanted to make sure folks know about, etc.) and so I could read all the questions we took from Twitter/Forums. Sort of like cue cards, except they're all short bullet points and acting as prompts for my terrible, goldfish-like memory. :P

08/21/2014 04:07 PMPosted by BurningRope
Anybody have a link to a source where I could watch? Thanks in advance!

You can view the video on either [url="http://www.twitch.tv/diablo/b/560457687"]Twitch[/url] or [url="http://youtu.be/KscEHWUf04c"]YouTube[/url]. :)

Other talks have new information

The PTR has been up for quite some time, and we're ramping up for release before the end of the month. If you've been keeping up with the PTR, yes, it's information you're aware of because that's what we're currently working on. If you haven't, a lot of this is probably new information for you.

08/21/2014 06:01 PMPosted by grumpyninja
Not sure if that's the kind of thing she usually does for blizz but it seemed pretty natural for her.

Ahaha, glad I seemed that way. I was bundle of nerves. :X This is my background though! I attended school for video and post production as well as theatre and improvisation. I'm admittedly rusty, but I have a lot of training I've gotten the opportunity to use lately!

08/21/2014 07:20 PMPosted by Jason
Well, given that it was labeled as a discussion, and that it was on twitch, I was expecting exchange between the devs and the viewers.

The majority of time was dedicated to player questions, but I understand your concern. I'll take that feedback and add it to my notes for when we review what we can learn from this experience. :)

08/22/2014 10:00 AMPosted by WaywornSoup

We're stoked to get 2.1.0 in your hands, and can't wait to jump into Seasons alongside you!

They got you running damage control huh?
08/21/2014 12:50 PMPosted by Krazymagic
I was hoping for a release date announcement but I understand why one isnt being given.

So yes, no specific date was given, but they said flat out that they wanted to launch by the end of the month. When you also consider the gold buff ends on Tuesday when they are doing scheduled maintenance, you can pretty much guess they're intention on when they want to release it.
i was unclear about something.

did they say that legendary gems WOULD be viable for people who already had awesome gear?

im really looking forward to legendary gems.

but im scared they wont be worth it.