Tavern Talk the possible coming barbs changes

Barbarian
The commons complaints for Barbarians, that "not enough resource is generated" and "spenders don't deal enough damage" are seen by the devs as very similar - aka "my damage isn't high enough".

Is this a small ray of hope? Did they listen after all? I think they just coulnd ignore us much longer but it could be false hope to keep us calm. They said 1 more patch before 2.1 hits but i think it will be for future patches anyway. what are you guys thinking about this?
I remain skeptical :p
Walked the snail for a few hundred hours in RoS but had enough.
Fair play you managed to make Vile and Raektor work ( cc nerf??? Why??) but that's not my gameplay whatsoever rather leap instead. Still very angry about the nerf* then come back of Earthen Might why I had to endure that no fury shizel for 2 months why.
Will quietly let my d3 icon stay untouched on my desktop till I see something interesting then again how many legendaries can I wear at the same time like 2 each if all of them have cool powers to come...
Only time will tell but my time for this game expired so blizz you gotta top up if you want me In looks like the roles just swapped on this account.
Halbhas: @Diablo Whirlwind skill has always been an iconic skill for barbarian are you planning to rework it accordingly or add a new dedicated set in the future?

This question was asked over and over during the Tavern Talk in chat. For a brief moment, before it got deleted, there was a response from an account named Diablo.

That response was: No plans.

I wish I had the screen shot but I was too slow. The answer was deleted shortly after.

A skill that many people want buffed is not on their radar at all from the looks of it.
08/21/2014 01:11 PMPosted by AtuTheBear
Walked the snail for a few hundred hours in RoS but had enough.
Fair play you managed to make Vile and Raektor work ( cc nerf??? Why??) but that's not my gameplay whatsoever rather leap instead. Still very angry about the nerf* then come back of Earthen Might why I had to endure that no fury shizel for 2 months why.
Will quietly let my d3 icon stay untouched on my desktop till I see something interesting then again how many legendaries can I wear at the same time like 2 each if all of them have cool powers to come...
Only time will tell but my time for this game expired so blizz you gotta top up if you want me In looks like the roles just swapped on this account.

In the same boat, sort of. Loved playing 2.1 since the night it came out, but I finally hit the wall. I just deleted my 7 barbs and uninstalled. I'm just not interested in playing time trails. And that's fine, because Blizzard is not interested in my barbs. Great game, but enough is enough.
That question was rolled into a response something to the effect of, basically all classes are having generator issues whether it be in resource gen/spend flow or damage. Then the answer went into an area of end game geared accounts are really where this hurts because when you have a set that deals x000% damage (sometimes over entire screen) vs x00% damage to a target, then it becomes a no brainer as to even burn a skill slot for it. So I am not holding my breath at all because for one - there solution to this would be more sets for variation, basically more items for synergy (I think even the multiple HoTA strike was mentioned at this point). So they are surely talking about it and wanting to do something about it - can you wait till philosophy and Soon (tm) meet in perfect alignment - after all this class balancing?

Not holding my breath.
Interestingly I seem to recall a comment even such as: well we could just triple HoTA but no, no, no.

So, if you've just hit 70 with rares or maybe a crafted piece or two, then Bash and HoTA probably fit on your bar and you are none the wiser. But at end game gearing you just don't have options. Yes they want to fix it - no it ain't going to be soon.
08/21/2014 02:49 PMPosted by FleaFly
I think even the multiple HoTA strike was mentioned at this point

That is a lazy way to buff us, meaning that it will almost certainly happen.

08/21/2014 02:51 PMPosted by FleaFly
But at end game gearing you just don't have options.

There are a couple of options, at least for some of us.

wd: pet or jade
barb: FC or leapquake
crusader: firestarter or holy shotgun (with new set giving a 3rd option)
Yeah, I understood it as they're going to add more sets and more legendaries, that buff other spenders in the same way that MoTE and Raekor's do.

I just hope they start with WW, and don't take too long to do it.
They already made a pitifull atempt with that new hota one handed that spawn useless ancients. If they make it so that the ancients it spawns use the same rune you have and you can have six ancients doing what you expect then to do while you hota away then it would be a good start.

Prior to the ptr being released there was this talk also about a weapon for seismic slam that would make it hit in all directions. Kinda silly, but at least it would make for a pretty decent aoe spec.
08/22/2014 06:52 PMPosted by Llama
They already made a pitifull atempt with that new hota one handed that spawn useless ancients.

What is with these guys and friggen pet builds. Sorry, I know there are many players that like a no spender COTA build but honestly, using a spender such as HOTA or SS is the reason I play barb, otherwise Id roll a WD and do a pet build properly.

Back to the devs, that HOTA season weapon should be a WD weapon. Yet we are severely behind the Sader (a class thats not even a year old) with class specific weapons that amplify our skills. Especially spenders, heck, Id even take some for generators, especially with new DDs on.

We should have out of season priority to address this issue of class balance which they dangle as justification for every decision. So devs, about that class balance, please balance our MWs to Sader Flails with skill affixes.

Cheers
CC123
I'm trying to be civil and really enjoyed what John had to say....but when Wyatt opened his mouth I just wanted to cram a garbage can into it.

John specifically mentioned IK and buffing 6pc sets up to the level of Jade and also mentioned new items that will deliver synergy to sets....e.g. Vile Raekor

Power via skills is exiting stage right.....it's gonna be new pieces for synergy and 6pc for the win.

The "suck" factor is that we have to wait for the new pieces/set bonus&pieces due to the fact that Blizz is only expedient with one thing....nerfs.

I am more confident in the Dev team overall and think the stream was successful in alleviating the "they don't even play the game" mentality (I was convinced they didn't) and happy to see they actually do.....and John is p600ish which leads one to believe he runs high torment with his DH.
I've watched the stream a couple times now and walked away feeling good both times. Still got that sour feeling with Wyatt, but again, John is a PLAYER and that alone holds promise.
I have a feeling the Leaderboards are going to help a lot with class balancing. ;)
08/22/2014 10:25 PMPosted by HolyOutlaw
I have a feeling the Leaderboards are going to help a lot with class balancing. ;)

I agree with this, however considering how long 2.1 has taken... i'm just not sure if many barbs are going to wait that long.
08/22/2014 08:01 PMPosted by Bloodyzbub
I'm trying to be civil and really enjoyed what John had to say....but when Wyatt opened his mouth I just wanted to cram a garbage can into it.
Pretty much. I always try to remain as civil as possible, but he sounded like an !@#.

John seemed way more connected to the player base, because he actually experienced some of what we complain about. And I liked his straightforward answers. Yes and no are perfectly acceptable answers.
Listening to John really was a breath of fresh air. Top flight guy at first glance.