Patch Support on PS3. Goodbye Blizzard.

Console Discussion
Prev 1 5 6 7 25 Next
Why would you expect blizzard to support it on two consoles that are almost a decade old? The game is also 20$ cheaper on ps3 and x360. It is your fault you went and bought a product without even attempting to find out anything about it, not blizzards. They didn't hide it, and it was posted on their website and on multiple gaming sites like IGN. You cheated yourself, don't blame anyone else because you're to ignorant to take 5 minutes to find out important information
What a bunch of babies.. I get it, I honestly do.. but how many patches did vanilla d3 get on old gen? Not that many and none were content patches...

The systems can't handle the things you want them to do.. Future patches also use resources the system doesn't have regardless if you are doing everything or not.. look at borderlands... after so many dlc and patches the game couldn't handle any more "content" it showed in gameplay by that point..

Content patches are not part of the deal for buying the game and you are owed NOTHING for your 40 dollar purchase.. they also do not want to pay to patch old systems... that costs them additional money on top of actually converting it... do us all a favor and not prolong new consoles getting patches just cause a few people feel entitled..
Ditto! Most of it. It's not impossible to add new legendary items (looking at you Ramaladni's Gift and Hellfire Amulet >.<), zones, ect. The Greater Rifts and Trial Rifts maybe something new in the game mechanics. But MOST of 2.1 should be able to carry over to the ps3/360.

There is that install option, for the ps3 at least, with who knows stored on it. Hopefully the older gen of consoles will atleast get some of the functions 2.1... so maybe a 2.1 um 1/2? :)

what you said and others things like the two hand weapon damage fix..is it impossible to make these changes on the damage of the weapons?
08/25/2014 09:02 PMPosted by Eefi
Future patches also use resources the system doesn't have regardless if you are doing everything or not..

Proof or gtfo.
08/25/2014 09:04 PMPosted by MightyBeast
6 pages of cry babies .

Are you going to post the same trash on 7th page?
Seriously Blizzard!? I had NO IDEA there were no plans for patch support on PS3. WHY the hell would I buy Diablo 3 AGAIN if that was the case? Sadly I did buy it again because I did not know this until today. No patch 2.1 for your sucker customers on PS3 or XB360. What a bunch of suckers we were. Heaven forbid that people who dropped $60 on PS3 AND the PC, and then dropped another $40 on PS3 AND the PC, get any patch support. It's not a matter of how long it may take, you know it can be done so just do it! I didn't drop $200 on multiple Diablo 3's to NOT have patch support on my PS3!!
I didn't say goodbye. I didn't even buy it. I'm fine with the PC version.

ps: 2.1.0 will be released in 9 hours for PC. "Huge updates" my :P (300MB)
First of all most last gen console players have probably spent more on D3 since you current gen console players.

Yeah, the game is only $40 now but what about the $40 people spent on D3v? All summed up last gen console players paid the very same amount if not more. It's as easy as that.

Futhermore, the info that last gen consoles wouldn't be receiving (content) patches came roughly one week prior release. ONE EFFIN WEEK. That's just shady business.

Now, obviously, one could argue that people should check on !@#$ before buying %^-*. But to be honest, no one in their right mind goes checking - one week prior release - if their game that they have preordered weeks/months ago might have been excluded from the patching process. Everybody who claims that this would be "normal doing" is out of their mind. Additionally, even if I would have checked about this patching thingy when I preordered, I weren't to find out anything, since when they allowed people to preorder, those info wasn't even out yet.

What I personally ask for is: Don't bring us the entire 2.1 patch, but at least provide us with those sweet character fixes, the new items and if not too much to ask the Vault.

I get that Greater Rifts might be an issue for old gen consoles, so just skip those, meet halfway.

And this goes out to Blizzard: If you guys would not be willing to do something in the range of what I just proposed, this entire thing has NOTHING to with old gens that could not handle the update. This would then entirely result from your laziness.

Message ends.
Just to clarify: are PS3 and X360 not getting ANY patches or just new content patches? I would be ok if we got patches to fix the bugs. That was my main gripe. I understand if my console is too weak to handle the immensity of the new content, but I feel that the bugs that are present in the game I bought should be fixed.
Saying Blizzard told people in an interview that they wouldn't be supporting the PS3 and X360 versions with patches is not enough. If they wanted to be honest about it, they should have added that piece of information to the back of the PS3 and X360's versions game boxes. I assure you lots of people wouldn't have bought the old gen versions if they knew about that fact beforehand. I, for one, wouldn't.

What makes it so weird is that Blizzard decided to release this major patch with lots of new content a week or so after the game's release. Seems like it was a completely business-driven decision instead of one that was looking for the consumer's best interests. Also, no matter what they say, there's no way they couldn't have patch support if they wanted to. Every other game out there has that nowadays. There are MMOs on consoles and those get content updates CONSTANTLY.

They're trying to play coy by saying "we just can't update the old-gen versions! It's impossible because of 'the engine'". And the worst part? Some people here are defending them and saying "well, if you want the content, buy a PS4/XOne or PC", completely missing the point.

We shouldn't have to go on an extensive research online to know what we're buying from a game company. We shouldn't have to go to a gaming website to know that the games being advertised the same way on the PS3 and PS4 are actually different. And while some of you who own a next-gen console or PC weren't affected by this particular incident, some day you just might, if you keep letting these companies get away with things like these.

I really hope Blizzard reconsiders the patch support for the PS3 and X360 versions, or this will also be the last Blizzard game I purchase as well. Sure, I'm just one in a million, but every sale is important and if I'm thinking this way, I'm sure lots of others are as well.
08/26/2014 07:47 AMPosted by Wagruk
Saying Blizzard told people in an interview that they wouldn't be supporting the PS3 and X360 versions with patches is not enough. If they wanted to be honest about it, they should have added that piece of information to the back of the PS3 and X360's versions game boxes. I assure you lots of people wouldn't have bought the old gen versions if they knew about that fact beforehand. I, for one, wouldn't.

What makes it so weird is that Blizzard decided to release this major patch with lots of new content a week or so after the game's release. Seems like it was a completely business-driven decision instead of one that was looking for the consumer's best interests. Also, no matter what they say, there's no way they couldn't have patch support if they wanted to. Every other game out there has that nowadays. There are MMOs on consoles and those get content updates CONSTANTLY.

They're trying to play coy by saying "we just can't update the old-gen versions! It's impossible because of 'the engine'". And the worst part? Some people here are defending them and saying "well, if you want the content, buy a PS4/XOne or PC", completely missing the point.

We shouldn't have to go on an extensive research online to know what we're buying from a game company. We shouldn't have to go to a gaming website to know that the games being advertised the same way on the PS3 and PS4 are actually different. And while some of you who own a next-gen console or PC weren't affected by this particular incident, some day you just might, if you keep letting these companies get away with things like these.

I really hope Blizzard reconsiders the patch support for the PS3 and X360 versions, or this will also be the last Blizzard game I purchase as well. Sure, I'm just one in a million, but every sale is important and if I'm thinking this way, I'm sure lots of others are as well.

"extensive research," taking 5 minutes out of your time, to read about the game? Why should blizzard be forced to support a decade old platform? theres a reason why its $40 on ps3/x360 and $60 on ps4/x1... That should be the first flag to do some research.
I agree, Wagruk. We got a huge patch just before UEEE came out and it downloaded fast and worked like a charm. I don't buy the line that the PS3 is "unpatchable".
I think PS4 and Xbone users would be complaining too if the tables were turned. After I pre-ordered the PS4 version I started reading up on the game and saw that Blizzard hadn't yet determine if they were going to provide post launch support for any of the consoles! i was instantly sad, but later articles came out saying that they would support PS4 and Xbone users...

Soooo, i felt your pain OP for a fleeting moment!
Be aware you can transfer PS3 UEE save to next Gen, the option to export save is available just like old D3. Most of us got PS3 version simply because they don't have PS4 yet.
My only concern is the bug fix, time will tell us if no more contents also means no bug fix.

Simple advice: do not target achievements, simply play for gear and paragon levels in old gen.
And when you'll be able to... move on to next gen.

PS3 and X360 will be deserted in a year or 2. So, I understand Blizzard on this point.
But I'm damn pissed about my 98% achievements.
This is really simple to understand.

Blizzard negotiated special update privileges for the current get the Next-gen( really current gen now) consoles. This allows them to by pass all the the hoops and time it takes just to do one patch on a game. It's also something that the PS3 and 360 aren't really able to do from an architecture standpoint.

Next, It was stated months in advance that last gen consoles would not be getting the same updates to the game that PC, PS4 and XBONE would get.

Blizzard isn't saying that last-gen doesn't have ANY support. They simply aren't going to be rolling out patches to game play like they do on PC. Blizzard isn't selling hypothetical future game play updates, they are selling the game as is.

You got the expansion, all the changes that came with it and the new character class.
08/26/2014 07:50 AMPosted by GanjaFarmer
"extensive research," taking 5 minutes out of your time, to read about the game? Why should blizzard be forced to support a decade old platform? theres a reason why its $40 on ps3/x360 and $60 on ps4/x1... That should be the first flag to do some research.

Its 59$ for D3v + 40$ for UEE = 99$. Time to freaking understand it already.
How should I know when to do research? I did it and preordered the game before they stated abscence of content patches a week prior release.

08/26/2014 08:29 AMPosted by ZAX
Next, It was stated months in advance that last gen consoles would not be getting the same updates to the game that PC, PS4 and XBONE would get.

Proof or gtfo.
08/26/2014 08:45 AMPosted by Hazama
08/26/2014 07:50 AMPosted by GanjaFarmer

Its 59$ for D3v + 40$ for UEE = 99$. Time to freaking understand it already.
How should I know when to do research? I did it and preordered the game before they stated abscence of content patches a week prior release.

08/26/2014 08:29 AMPosted by ZAX

Proof or gtfo.

Proof

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/blog/15157764/patch-support-confirmed-for-ps4%E2%84%A2-and-xbox-one%E2%84%A2-8-11-2014