Patch Support on PS3. Goodbye Blizzard.

Console Discussion
Prev 1 6 7 8 25 Next
08/26/2014 08:29 AMPosted by ZAX
Next, It was stated months in advance that last gen consoles would not be getting the same updates to the game that PC, PS4 and XBONE would get.

08/26/2014 08:50 AMPosted by GanjaFarmer
Proof

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/blog/15157764/patch-support-confirmed-for-ps4%E2%84%A2-and-xbox-one%E2%84%A2-8-11-2014

Now look at the date - '8/11/2014'. Months in advance you say? It's a week as I said before.
This is no different then the patch support for vanilla d3 that was out on consoles for a year before UEE. Same rules applied to the same system for the xpac of the same game that wasnt patched.

If you want nextgen features such as patch support, get a next gen system. Its not Blizzards fault that the PS3 and xb360 cant support patching like the next gen systems can.

Yes, it sucks. I wanted to get it for the ps3 also, but instead i bit the bullet, invested in a ps4 (because its going to be around for years anyway) and got the version with the features I wanted.
08/26/2014 08:53 AMPosted by Hazama
Next, It was stated months in advance that last gen consoles would not be getting the same updates to the game that PC, PS4 and XBONE would get.

08/26/2014 08:50 AMPosted by GanjaFarmer
Proof

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/blog/15157764/patch-support-confirmed-for-ps4%E2%84%A2-and-xbox-one%E2%84%A2-8-11-2014

Now look at the date - '8/11/2014'. Months in advance you say? It's a week as I said before.

I never said months

I never said months
08/26/2014 09:00 AMPosted by Hazama

I never said months

thats not me, how about you actually quote the right person
I'm just puzzled, this is everywhere on the internet now-a-days. People arguing with others instead of supporting them or remaining silent when a customer feels a company isn't supporting the product adequately. This is their complaint for a version of the game you do not own. You are not needed to defend the decisions of corporations.

I don't know if buying a product entitles you to patch updates but I can see how not getting the same update as other players is disappointing, only days after release.
08/26/2014 09:03 AMPosted by GanjaFarmer

I asked for a proof that it was stated months in advance. You posted a week prior release link and called it a proof.
08/26/2014 09:06 AMPosted by Hazama
08/26/2014 09:03 AMPosted by GanjaFarmer

I asked for a proof that it was stated months in advance. You posted a week prior release link and called it a proof.

Thats irrelevant to me I have no part of that conversation, nor did I say months. I gave you proof that it was stated in advance by Blizzard, and thats how thousands of players and myself found out.
08/26/2014 09:03 AMPosted by Furyus
I'm just puzzled, this is everywhere on the internet now-a-days. People arguing with others instead of supporting them or remaining silent when a customer feels a company isn't supporting the product adequately. This is their complaint for a version of the game you do not own. You are not needed to defend the decisions of corporations.

Hear! Hear!

Would it kill anybody to be a little supportive of players for a change?
08/26/2014 08:45 AMPosted by Hazama
08/26/2014 07:50 AMPosted by GanjaFarmer
"extensive research," taking 5 minutes out of your time, to read about the game? Why should blizzard be forced to support a decade old platform? theres a reason why its $40 on ps3/x360 and $60 on ps4/x1... That should be the first flag to do some research.

Its 59$ for D3v + 40$ for UEE = 99$. Time to freaking understand it already.
How should I know when to do research? I did it and preordered the game before they stated abscence of content patches a week prior release.

Proof or gtfo.

Hey genius. How long has PS3/360 had D3? Like a year? That's a year of proof.
08/26/2014 09:07 AMPosted by GanjaFarmer
Thats irrelevant to me I have no part of that conversation, nor did I say months. I gave you proof that it was stated in advance by Blizzard, and thats how thousands of players and myself found out.

So you posted a wrong proof for another person. I get it.
It would be even funnier if they stated it after release.
08/26/2014 09:09 AMPosted by ZAX

It has nothing to do with UEE. They could start a support when it's on two more consoles. No proofs, you may gtfo now.
Look, I get both sides of this issue, but I'm going to have to say I agree with the OP on this one. Maybe not the "you're never getting another cent of mine, Blizzard!" aspect of it, but the outrage seems reasonable. I can't see any reason the PS3 or X360 versions wouldn't be patchable at some point, so it seems like laziness on the part of Blizzard that they aren't maintaining these two consoles anymore, which are certainly still viable gaming systems for many of us. I know I still have PS3 games I need to play before I retire the console entirely, and I'm sure others do, as well. I'm not saying Blizzard needs to patch the PS3/X360 into perpetuity, but it seems a little bit soon to stop patching their games for these consoles. Hopefully Blizzard reads this thread and comes to the same conclusion. I have the PS4 version, btw, so it's not a personal grievance, but it would be a very respectful and kind thing if Blizzard was willing to develop a patch to the most recent version of Diablo 3.
08/26/2014 09:13 AMPosted by Hazama
08/26/2014 09:07 AMPosted by GanjaFarmer

So you posted a wrong proof for another person. I get it.
It would be even funnier if they stated it after release.
08/26/2014 09:09 AMPosted by ZAX

It has nothing to do with UEE. They could start a support when it's on two more consoles. No proofs, you may gtfo now.

So Blizzard for an ENTIRE year roles out patches for the PC that never touch the PS3/360(we all know the patch process on these consoles is a pain to deal with), They announce the expansion coming to last gen consoles and your initial thought is "Oh cool, they will now be supporting last-gen consoles w/ PC-like patch role outs". Come on man... They never announced that for PS3/360 EVER with the expansion and only recently announced it for PS4/XBONE. So where along the line did you start to assume that?
08/26/2014 07:50 AMPosted by GanjaFarmer
08/26/2014 07:47 AMPosted by Wagruk
Saying Blizzard told people in an interview that they wouldn't be supporting the PS3 and X360 versions with patches is not enough. If they wanted to be honest about it, they should have added that piece of information to the back of the PS3 and X360's versions game boxes. I assure you lots of people wouldn't have bought the old gen versions if they knew about that fact beforehand. I, for one, wouldn't.

What makes it so weird is that Blizzard decided to release this major patch with lots of new content a week or so after the game's release. Seems like it was a completely business-driven decision instead of one that was looking for the consumer's best interests. Also, no matter what they say, there's no way they couldn't have patch support if they wanted to. Every other game out there has that nowadays. There are MMOs on consoles and those get content updates CONSTANTLY.

They're trying to play coy by saying "we just can't update the old-gen versions! It's impossible because of 'the engine'". And the worst part? Some people here are defending them and saying "well, if you want the content, buy a PS4/XOne or PC", completely missing the point.

We shouldn't have to go on an extensive research online to know what we're buying from a game company. We shouldn't have to go to a gaming website to know that the games being advertised the same way on the PS3 and PS4 are actually different. And while some of you who own a next-gen console or PC weren't affected by this particular incident, some day you just might, if you keep letting these companies get away with things like these.

I really hope Blizzard reconsiders the patch support for the PS3 and X360 versions, or this will also be the last Blizzard game I purchase as well. Sure, I'm just one in a million, but every sale is important and if I'm thinking this way, I'm sure lots of others are as well.

"extensive research," taking 5 minutes out of your time, to read about the game? Why should blizzard be forced to support a decade old platform? theres a reason why its $40 on ps3/x360 and $60 on ps4/x1... That should be the first flag to do some research.

That isn't a flag that indicates less future content at all. The only thing I thought when I saw the different price tag was "the next-gen version is prettier, runs better and is the first Diablo 3 release in the new generation. The PS3 / X360 version is cheaper because last year we bought the original game."

They should have been clear from the start by adding to the back of the box "PS3 and X360 versions of the game won't have future patch support". Frankly, if one wanted to sue the company or demand a full refund of the game by saying that they're essentially selling two different products with the same label and package (PS3 and PS4 versions) they could. Actually, I might do just that, ask for a full money refund, if they don't change their talk.

It's a bad business practice that shouldn't be tolerated anymore. We're not in the days of Spider-man 2: the Game, where we had to accept this kind of anti-consumer practice.
08/26/2014 08:55 AMPosted by Miztic
This is no different then the patch support for vanilla d3 that was out on consoles for a year before UEE. Same rules applied to the same system for the xpac of the same game that wasnt patched.

If you want nextgen features such as patch support, get a next gen system. Its not Blizzards fault that the PS3 and xb360 cant support patching like the next gen systems can.

Yes, it sucks. I wanted to get it for the ps3 also, but instead i bit the bullet, invested in a ps4 (because its going to be around for years anyway) and got the version with the features I wanted.

Since when is patching a next-gen feature for ANY game out there? Do FF XIV PS3 players get locked out of content because of the 'PS3's architecture'? Do X360 players never get patches that add tons of new contents for their games?

Are people really falling for the 'old-gen doesn't support patch' talk?
08/26/2014 09:08 AMPosted by Sybilla
08/26/2014 09:03 AMPosted by Furyus

Hear! Hear!

It's so weird, it's like people revel that they got something others don't. It's as if they stand to gain something out of defending a huge corporation like Blizzard... I really don't understand this kind of behavior.
08/26/2014 09:49 AMPosted by Wagruk
08/26/2014 09:08 AMPosted by Sybilla

Hear! Hear!

It's so weird, it's like people revel that they got something others don't. It's as if they stand to gain something out of defending a huge corporation like Blizzard... I really don't understand this kind of behavior.

Maybe because you are acting like ignorant whiney children.

Your console is old and legacy.

Your console cannot be patched.

Get over it.
I'm sure those who are hating on the PS3/360 players are the very same people who will be spamming the board all day long when something is amiss with their own gaming experience. Hopefully some thoughtful PC-version player will come along and ridicule them, in the interest of karma ;-)
08/26/2014 12:21 PMPosted by Sybilla
I'm sure those who are hating on the PS3/360 players are the very same people who will be spamming the board all day long when something is amiss with their own gaming experience. Hopefully some thoughtful PC-version player will come along and ridicule them, in the interest of karma ;-)

Sure. I'd deserve it too.

That is if I kept whining about not receiving something that is not feasible.

HINT: That's a reference to you guys, and how you keep turning a blind eye to what what you are demanding... and the fact that last generation consoles are old technology, and have never once, from any game, ever received the equivalent of it.