Aether Walker still has cooldown, please fix

Wizard
In the description of http://us.battle.net/d3/en/item/aether-walker

"Teleport no longer has a cooldown but costs 25 Arcane Power."

but it still has ~0.5sec cooldown. As result I cannot teleport instantly just after casting it.

Our expectation of this feature: it should have the same mechanics like any other skill w/o cooldown, like meteor skill.

Please fix it.
Yes. cooldown still here :(
09/02/2014 06:48 AMPosted by Alec

but it still has ~0.5sec cooldown. As result I cannot teleport instantly just after casting it.

Although Aether Walker removes most of the cooldown on Teleport, it leaves a half-second "safety net.” This is because when we were testing the legendary power, we discovered a bug that caused people to double-teleport when they didn’t intend to do so, often putting them in harm’s way or costing them AP that they didn’t mean to spend.

While this means you won’t teleport quite as quickly as you would without a minor pause, the fix also prevents you from having to be very precise in how long you down the mouse button without wasting AP or putting you in danger.
09/02/2014 08:02 PMPosted by Tyvalir
Although Aether Walker removes most of the cooldown on Teleport, it leaves a half-second "safety net.” This is because when we were testing the legendary power, we discovered a bug that caused people to double-teleport when they didn’t intend to do so, often putting them in harm’s way or costing them AP that they didn’t mean to spend.

While this means you won’t teleport quite as quickly as you would without a minor pause, the fix also prevents you from having to be very precise in how long you down the mouse button without wasting AP or putting you in danger.

So why not make it a quarter second or 1/10 even?
09/02/2014 08:18 PMPosted by Thatsme

Because some people have pings above 100, and unfortunately, 250 is why I'd imagine.

Really, being able to teleport twice a second is still very good, and this is coming from the mouth of a fcr addicted sorceress back in the day.
Yeah this really isn't that bad. If it functioned like old school 4 'port wormhole not only would wiz be literally uncatchable by any class, be it danetta's dh or swift sader, but it would have potential to be rough on the AP due to unwanted teleports. If you want pure speed, all you gotta do is spec illusionist, wormhole, and RCR. Then hold down force move for that .5 sec between 'ports.
So... they understand the double problem for teleport but not for Vault?
what about a cooldown of 1/aps like some other legendary?
There has to be a way to prevent the unwanted telport while letting people chaining two teleport when they want to.
09/02/2014 08:25 PMPosted by Alpacas
Because some people have pings above 100, and unfortunately, 250 is why I'd imagine.

I joined a bounty run game running danettas, rachels ring + pandemonium loop, Warzechians, tactical advantage. It just happened to be being hosted on the AUS server. I couldn't even go in a straight line if I held down right click in the upper right corner of my screen. I was simply too fast for the latency.

a fcr addicted sorceress back in the day

Big ups bro.
09/02/2014 08:18 PMPosted by Thatsme

Really, being able to teleport twice a second is still very good, and this is coming from the mouth of a fcr addicted sorceress back in the day.

It doesn't need to be back in the day! There are still tons of members of D2jsp that have sorc vs sorc pvp ladders :D

Our expectation of this feature: it should have the same mechanics like any other skill w/o cooldown, like meteor skill.

Please fix it.

It's a 0.1sec CD and Tylavir explained why it exists. This was answered a long time ago.

diablo 2 is turning in his grave.
Why not just remove the cast queue from teleport skill while using that item? problem solved.
Reminds me of how D2 Teleport was. Casting twice before first cast registered with server.
I had to put a delay on my casts for sorc in diablo 2 anyways to. Otherwise would just stuter step on the spot

well you guys really screwed the pooch on this

i dont know why you would make it half a second, which is incredibly noticeable. instead of say, .25 or .1 seconds

Fair enough but it has now the downside of sometimes triggering the cooldown in critical situation with wormhole.

You're very likely to use wormhole because the AP cost is much more of a problem without it and this leads to combat issue : teleporting away from a threat, another one forces to teleport so you push the button once but nope : 1sec has passed so your reactive teleport has been canceled. This can cause death and always causes frustration.

I'd rather be able to teleport without cooldown : if I'm lagging and wasting AP I'll just stop keeping the button pressed like you already forces us to do anyway.
I don't have one on my wizard. Are you saying that there's a pause between teleports when you use the Wormhole rune now?
09/03/2014 04:19 AMPosted by TheCondemned
Are you saying that there's a pause between teleports when you use the Wormhole rune now?

exactly, ~0.5sec CD
09/03/2014 04:31 AMPosted by Alec
09/03/2014 04:19 AMPosted by TheCondemned
Are you saying that there's a pause between teleports when you use the Wormhole rune now?

exactly, ~0.5sec CD

It shouldn't apply to Wormhole, it's 1 cast.

That said, if it is applying to that rune, the wand is broken and should have the CD removed completely.

Like that dude above me said, he'd rather spend the extra AP and let go of the mouse than not be able to teleport out of a hard spot.

+1 for CD removal