Unsocketing Legendary Gems

General Discussion
I remember for a while when you unsocketed a Legendary gem...it reset it's "levels" back to 0. Is this still the case? Or once it is level 25 you can just pass it around to characters?

Thanks in advance.
Do people not know the answer to this...or do they not care? I really don't want to spend time leveling a gem to test this. <--I can't be the only one with this question.
I have no idea, but I too would like to know this!
I am interested in this as well, i highly doubt that it will reset though.
08/26/2014 10:08 AMPosted by Tzenesh
Do people not know the answer to this...or do they not care? I really don't want to spend time leveling a gem to test this

It didn't reset last time (2 days ago) I unsocket.
08/26/2014 10:23 AMPosted by Yesaul
08/26/2014 10:08 AMPosted by Tzenesh
Do people not know the answer to this...or do they not care? I really don't want to spend time leveling a gem to test this

It didn't reset last time (2 days ago) I unsocket.
And this very well may have been fixed...but in all of the reports on the PTR that I have read I never saw this mentioned again. Does anyone else have any knowledge on this?
Can a legendary gem be upgraded after it's been placed into an item?
Unsocketing a Legendary Gem should have no effect on the gem, and definitely shouldn't reset its level.

08/26/2014 10:53 AMPosted by Sardonnicus
Can a legendary gem be upgraded after it's been placed into an item?

Yes! As long as the Legendary Gem is on your character, in your inventory, or in your stash, then you'll be able to upgrade the gem when you speak with Urshi.
I just lost a level 40 Zei's Stone of Vengeance by unsocketing (PC). This is beyond frustrating and needs to be fixed, as well as the updates applied to those affected.
I understand that you were looking for something relevant to what you had to say, but you should stay at least within the realm of the most up to date patch when posting on old threads. I'd say 3-4 months is a safe bet.
True. Perhaps someone should archive anything that blue's post in so people can use it as a reference. I don't think they should be allowed to post in them though. This person's post belongs in the bugs forums, not in this post really. I think they should read these things and evaluate where their posts belong.