Rate The Monk above you 2.1 Edition

Monk
1 2 3 25 Next
Title

Also list what build you're going for 2.1. Mine is below, made by myself. might drop sti for the new guiding light passive for extra tankiness but other than that, need raiment chest depth diggers and crudest boots to finish my gear transitions.

http://www.diablofans.com/builds/838-vanilla-storm
umm decent
Okay, I'm in on this.. @eminence... dem weapons though dayum.
@Yogibear,

Very nice holy build, quality gear all around. However, I am unsure why you are using the blackthornes pants... otherwise a nice as monk with attractive gear.
not a bad monk but im pretty sure you can put up some more hours to get it better at some point , the build seems ok , gearing wise it could be better . but good job :)
Not a single thing to complain about lol.... Good job!
[quoteVery nice holy build, quality gear all around. However, I am unsure why you are using the blackthornes pants... otherwise a nice as monk with attractive gear.[/quote]

08/26/2014 10:08 PMPosted by Placebo
@Yogibear,

Very nice holy build, quality gear all around. However, I am unsure why you are using the blackthornes pants... otherwise a nice as monk with attractive gear.

Because I have 0 veiled crystals to reroll my depth diggers :( makes me sad.

@Hatch, nice! How you liking 4pc innas?
Can you guys pls tell me why is my sheet dps is so low even with a comparable stat to another monk?
08/26/2014 11:15 PMPosted by Futatori
Can you guys pls tell me why is my sheet dps is so low even with a comparable stat to another monk

Your dex/cd are quite low.
Looks pretty good to me. Nice holy ammy there. I'm not sure how the generator builds with depth diggers are working out, but I assume it tops out relatively well.
Hey KimSulki so you recon if I stack more dex will increased to 1mil dps? I mean my CD is 298 yours is 312 on holy monk. Initially I thought is the slow attack speed - like my female WD I stack more aps it finally reaches 1 mil mark. Thanks
Love to see profiles with 2 monks (male + female)
I am so tempted to make my female monk a cdr+fire build, but always fail to have the right cdr items.

Personally I still prefer playing my male lightning monk.
Love to fly across the screen and seeing all the mobs go boom.

Any ideas where can i upgrade further on both my monks?
@Lokie

I like your male monk. Very strong gear for a rainments dashing strike build. Hard to put a finger on where to improve it. 9/10

Your female monk could use a better GNK, as its damage is in the lower end. Also use thunderfury or sunkeeper instead of Devastator. Better overall. I would probably use crimsons legs and boots instead of what you use. 7/10
Loving the new changes to the monk class. Damage is way better and now more tougher with armor rather than dodge bonus from dex. Can easily do t5 with my setup.
@Theoi3

Very nice, nothing sticks out to me as sub-optimal, but I'm no expert.

I've only got about 55-60ish hours on my monk, but hes advancing quite fast now that I'm playing a lot again with the new patch. Decided to go for a lightning build, literally just started gearing towards it minutes ago. How's he looking? I haven't even tested PotA yet, just about to do that after my smoke break.
@ androidos, extra sockets can never hurt. i believe you are going for lightning monk could start to try and use harmony with lightning resist as thundergod is a good lightning resist belt. but with ard 50ish hours thats quite a good job! and im jelly of that mara kaleidoscope havent seen 1 drop for me yet. ヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノ
@MeatChen, not a big cold build fan but you did a fine job !

As for my holy setup, I used to have a full Raiment and wanted to try that SWK so it's subpar...
08/26/2014 11:10 PMPosted by Yogibear
@Hatch, nice! How you liking 4pc innas?

Inna set works nicely with the build. I have a Ramadi's gift to use on the diabo but waiting for a FD to drop. So far I have completed GR 25 not trying to hard at the moment just trying to get the gems up to a respectable level.

Part of me is curious if I can find a way to work in the SWK Ammy so I can free up the head piece for the Seph helm. I would then need to find a spot for Blinding Flash. The helm I have restores 148 spirit each time i use blinding flash. Maybe a generator is not needed. Thoughts?
Nice innas/swk.

Would appreciate feedback on my monk. I've not settled on a build - trying to find SWK gear + a diabo now.