Rate The Monk above you 2.1 Edition

Monk
Prev 1 9 10 11 25 Next
Calarian

Looks like you're going Lightning. I would try for some ele dmg on your necklace and I know it's down to range but try to find a WKL or odn's to pair with your Thunder Fury. Other then that i like what you have going build wise.
@Sandmanslim

All of your monks seem to be well geared. I'm kind of confused on which one to rate.

As for me, I'm going Fire, but I'm finding the pieces of that thousand storms set as I'm playing. I'm considering swapping to Lightning. This fire build was slapped together using old DH Gear that dropped from my main. Also I need a suggestion on weapons. Dual Wield or 2h.
@Gr8Hornytoad

Damn pretty neat fire setup bro. Keep it up!
Hi all,

New to the monk class, have no idea what im doing... and started last night so gear is fresh 70 + 30ish paragon levels.

Any help with maximising my damage (build wise) is appreciated.
really?
Can't really judge a fresh 70.

I'm currently playing my seasonal female monk and am very very happy with her. Just completed my SWK set, just looking for an soj and maybe a higher damage flying dragon now. Loving my monk more than ever.
No you cant really judge the gear as that will change dramatically, but if im using completely noob abilities then i'm sure that can be determined?
pretty much only play my monk never taken anyones advice and built for a survivable lvl of toughness while focusing on dps, ranked #20 on d3progress in americas for elemental/elite and #75 in the world for monks,that being said the monk is in really terrible shape right now with the dev's lack of interst in fixing things i doubt i will be playing this game for very much longer monster affixes wer designed to sloely destroy melee classes monks dont stand a chance in this environment if geared for dmg and with grifts if this remains this way the only top ranked players will be dh/wd.
09/02/2014 01:49 PMPosted by Kyuss
@ Squats
I tried a similar build while I was farming for Sunwuko. I couldn't quite get it to work that well though. Most stuff stayed pretty frozen but my rimeheart rarely proc'd. I am wondering, however, why you are using the lightning belt? Do you have an innas instead to complete the 3pc? Have you tried starweaver gem instead of simplicitys? You can get a whole lot more dps out of it.

the lightning belt is the best iv had drop, thats the only reason. im farming for an inna/swk build, but i have !@#$ luck. and when you posted i was rolling my ammulet to get a gem slot so i could use simplicitys.
@Roguen 8/10. I was lightning Rain6 too sooo long and it was fun for me, but a couple of holy weapons dropped for me recently so I made the switch. This holy-gen-swk build is fun. Tons of damage with lots of healing. Still working out the kinks though. Fun Until they nerf it, of course.
Skipped.
@elementau

Looks pretty solid nice gear. I'm too in love with flying dragon to try 2 one handers though. How's that working dps wise? My main monk hasn't been touched in months since I quit. But my female seasonal monk is my current and I'm loving her, found some really great gear so far, been pretty lucky. Just need to enchant a few things and get a unity/soj for my second ring.
09/04/2014 11:26 AMPosted by Mythologick
@elementau

Looks pretty solid nice gear. I'm too in love with flying dragon to try 2 one handers though. How's that working dps wise? My main monk hasn't been touched in months since I quit. But my female seasonal monk is my current and I'm loving her, found some really great gear so far, been pretty lucky. Just need to enchant a few things and get a unity/soj for my second ring.

I love your build and that sunkeeper is great. I expect you still looking for that right amu. Any goals?

Still, great to see something else than SWK so 9/10.
@seaweed - a little low on the dps side. Would try to go for a FD for your weapons instead if your going for the swk route. If not, go for more lightning dmg at go the raiment set route.

I can do up to GR30 but after that I get way too squishy. Fully buffed I do about 2m paper dps and have an additional 97% lightning dmg. Thinking of replacing my Bane of the Powerful with the Minrae gem for more dps but I would basically have no elite dmg at all. Any advice would be appreciated.
Been wanting to get your helm for the longest time... I've had every other stone drop about 4-5 times, rofl.

Honestly, you have a great setup.
@Spiros good monk so far i guess your still item hunting?
Prototypical build, don't see a way to improve. Just got to hope for better rolls on future gear.
@Hatch nice set of gears

My profile is not on US server ( American living in Asia ) but I do need suggestions to make my Fire Monk Build better

http://www.diabloprogress.com/hero/diabloprimo-1451/Darius/39141188