Rate The Monk above you 2.1 Edition

Monk
Prev 1 10 11 12 25 Next
Skipped.

Again.

But anyway...

@DiabloPrimo: I'd rate your monk better if I could read Korean...

But judging by your stats, you have decent DPS, more than decent. However, your defense is suffering, especially with your low resistances and low armor. You have good types of gear, you just have to find those with better rolls.

So for you I'd boost up armor and resistance, and perhaps use Harmony in the mean time. Also, aim to get Andariel's Visage, a helm that can give you more percent increase in damage for fire. Other items to consider: Stone of Jordan, and The Witching Hour. Easier said than done, true.

But at least your build is coming along, but that's just my two cents.
09/04/2014 11:47 PMPosted by VoidOfOne
Skipped.

Again.

But anyway...

@DiabloPrimo: I'd rate your monk better if I could read Korean...

But judging by your stats, you have decent DPS, more than decent. However, your defense is suffering, especially with your low resistances and low armor. You have good types of gear, you just have to find those with better rolls.

So for you I'd boost up armor and resistance, and perhaps use Harmony in the mean time. Also, aim to get Andariel's Visage, a helm that can give you more percent increase in damage for fire. Other items to consider: Stone of Jordan, and The Witching Hour. Easier said than done, true.

But at least your build is coming along, but that's just my two cents.

Thanks for the input, now I know I am heading on the right direction, Considering that this is my 3rd month of playing this type of game. Really appreciate the advice on which gears to go for .
Voidofone:
gem ur rings with something that isnt dookie and gem ur weap and ur decent.

edit: oh snap i didnt see ur other monk. but u should still have another socketed ring for more deeps.
@AwesomeTaro

I don't have much experience with HC monks but looking good so far! I guess far the RoRG and make better use of sets :)

Good luck and kept that monk alive!

PS: My monk got some gold farming items on. I do have a Peshkov and some crudest i use for Grifts.
@ Fubar

I have not tried the SW build yet, But i'm thinking about doing it soon, looking good so far... Aside from the RoRG :p.

New Season Monk:

I have been running this build since I started season, trying to get the maximum potential....
I see most monks using the SW Build, but I would like any input towards the way I'm going.

So far I can run T5-T6 Without dying, but my single target DPS is lacking
@ Xortes

Nice seasonal monk - guess you still waiting for Ramaladnis gift in your TF, gl:)
I guess you not socketing Dex coz you still need survivalability in T6 w/o unity but maybe Ephiphany with desert shroud would be better after all (than you could go 12,5% CDR in helm + reroll Vit for +20% light in your amu + go for all Dex gems which would be a huge DPS boost)

Still really nice items:)

My char is on EU:
http://eu.battle.net/d3/en/profile/Maarael-2913/hero/36849165
@ Maareal

I bet that 9% damage on your Dragon is infuriating. It seems like your sheet toughness is surprisingly low. Anyways if you could find a Sunwuko ammy and get a good Leorics Crown I think that would work wonders for your build. Other than that I would get armor on those boots and craft better bracers.

Sorry I'm pretty new to monk so my critique isn't very educated but I can tell that you have some high quality gear.

Selfish request please be critical of my Lightning Monk I've only just started gearing her up.
@cpanda

Very nice lightning gear. Every item has good rolls and the raiment set is good too. By your skill and gem choices it is clear that your dps comes from your generator and the occasional dashing strike. You should probably get depth diggers then and switch the ice climbers with raiment to keep the bonus. A TF or SOH would probably also be a nice upgrade to your Fulminator.

Overall nice to see a different kind of approach after 2.1 so I rate it 8/10! How high can you go on GR?
@ moon

I'm having problems at 25. Dealing with AOE damage as a melee class is so frustrating. Used to kiting lol. This definitely isn't a top tier build but it is fun.
@cpanda

we seem to be in the same boat. I like your amulet!
@Neon: Nice gear, but as soon as you get a decent Flying Dragon you should ditch the Inna's set pieces - all of them. I love the set bonus, but not being able to spam Sweeping Winds for faster clone generation can get to be problematic when you're using Sun Wuko. The 4 piece bonus might be worth it, but 3 piece is definitely not!

At that point, Depth Diggers and a Witching Hour or a Hellcat Waistguard are good options, or you can also go with Captain Crimson for belt and pants slot.
@zanathos
Nice gear and FD, checking from phone so can't see gear stats but looks really nice.
I do have DD's I don't have on, still looking for Crudest boots, then I can change some passives and actives.
I got skipped :)
@Moon
Excellent SWK monk. Very similar set up to mine in fact :). Looks like your FD could do with life per spirit spent, which I think trumps LoH. Otherwise very nice 9/10.
@HeMan
Love the build sick Flying dragon 9/10
@qonvict
Love the gears/gems/build. I never would have thought staff users (flying dragon) could be so strong. Great supplement of gears and gems too 10/10
@qonvict
I think you're Monk isn't updated. Is it intended to only use the 2 piece bonus of SWK? The rest of your gear is nice though.

Please rate both monks. The female monk is only experimental but some input would be welcome for her.
@Mung- Both your Holy and Lightning monk are pretty good.
Your Holy Monk needs to look into replacing it's chest piece as you don't seem to have a need for that set using Sunwuko's instead. Your Flying Dragon isn't the downright greatest roll but it's not necessary to replace.
Your Lightning Monk has extremely good rolls on her gear. The dual-wielding works as Shard of Hate aids in DPS and Won Khim Lau's +% lightning damage greatly increases damage output. The incredibly high Critical Hit damage packs a punch as well. You should re-hunt a better RoRG since the drop rate for torment bounties is greatly increased.
Also upgrade the legendary gems for both of them. Holy is 8/10, Lightning is 9/10.

My Fire Monk is missing a few Legendaries and a Ramaldni's for a much better weapon.
@CoolSam I like the fire build idea although in general I feel badly for monks along the lines of elemental damage since legendary gems came out (I can't speak for any other class as I only play monk) You should upgrade your royal gems asap and probably try to synergize armor a bit more obviously a little farming is gonna do the trick :P. You should also try stacking resists eventually to use with harmony obviously this is looking a lot more towards the endgame but it is always something you should keep in the back of your mind as a monk player. I also think that Blizzard needs to look into the aughild's set being such a powerful set it needs to be matched by gear that is dropped in my opinion, but that is besides the point. All in all I like the build I can tell it is in its early stages and wish you luck with your RNG. If it is bad though at least monk is extremely fun to play!

As for my builds my ltng monk is a bit out of date because i have just come back for seasons whereas Pim (my seasonal build) this is my first try at holy monk and hopefully I am on the right track with my build I understand it mostly but am still warming up to the synergy and play style of the unorthodox style of this build. I know I need some upgrades and stacking resists :).
@satajait

i suggest switching the amethyst in your helm to a diamond and rerolling the life% on your shoulders to cdr. more spirit = more dps = more survivability (with lpss)

ever considered blackthornes btw? pants/amulet would give you vit, +elite damage and -elite damage taken.

and para 202 with a witching hour? i'm jelly =(

8/10!