Rate The Monk above you 2.1 Edition

Monk
Prev 1 14 15 16 25 Next
09/09/2014 10:36 AMPosted by CrazyKoda
Nice advice Floating.

Well, here is my current SWK build. Pretty standard fare. Can top out at GR 33. Don't really have the desire to go higher unless i get a godly SWK ammie or a 4000dps FD.

Also, the pain enhancer ammie combined with gogok and all the attack speed passives is quite amusing.

Really nice setup CrazyKoda, basically what I am aspiring to. Have you tested replacing DD and Ice Climbers with Blackthorne's? The bonuses against elite could help a lot with the higher GR's. Or you could try the Mystic Ally route if you have Crudest Boots.
09/09/2014 10:48 AMPosted by Floating
09/09/2014 10:36 AMPosted by CrazyKoda
Nice advice Floating.

Well, here is my current SWK build. Pretty standard fare. Can top out at GR 33. Don't really have the desire to go higher unless i get a godly SWK ammie or a 4000dps FD.

Also, the pain enhancer ammie combined with gogok and all the attack speed passives is quite amusing.

Really nice setup CrazyKoda, basically what I am aspiring to. Have you tested replacing DD and Ice Climbers with Blackthorne's? The bonuses against elite could help a lot with the higher GR's. Or you could try the Mystic Ally route if you have Crudest Boots.

Yes, i definitely want to switch out to BT boots and pants, but here's the thing. I salvaged all my BT boots a while ago and haven't had a pair drop since the patch hit. RNG
09/09/2014 05:12 AMPosted by Jblitz
@BVsHeart

damn. thats a nice high dps FD overall good gear

8.5/10

hardcore seasonal monk( http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/Jblitz-1337/hero/52422654 )
went duel wield holy monk, just tried to be a little different xD. still work in progress

mine got skipped could someone give me feed back, please and thank you.
@jblitz - Good start, but work on upgrading weapons and other yellows.

5/10?
09/09/2014 12:23 PMPosted by Playdough

5/10?

Nice Flying Dragon.
Innas was nice, but moved away from mine for Augs.
Hi :D I'm new to monk and new to diablo so i really don't know the meta or what is good for monks.

Please rate my gear and help me make it better. at the moment i can do T4 pretty good, haven't tried T5 or 6 but i think i could do it.

For my build i am going to stack lightning damage. Then stack crit hit chance and crit damage.

I am using raiment of a thousand storms for lightning damage and the endless walk set for crit chance and damage.

in the future i might get rid of some of my Non-set legendary items to either get Raiment of a thousand storms 6set bonus or sunwuko 2set staff bonus. which of the 2 would be better or should i keep it the way it is?

My helm, pants and boots give really unique bonuses and i want to know weather or not i should EVER get rid of them in favour of set bonuses??

Helm: 50% reduction breath of heaven.
Pants 81% to primary (thinking of using the legendary gem that also ads damage to primary so that they do super nuts damage)
Boots: summons 2 mystic allies instead of 1.

any advice would be great :D thanks. oh and also this is a season character if that changes anything.
09/09/2014 12:35 PMPosted by Reilloc
09/09/2014 12:23 PMPosted by Playdough

5/10?

Nice Flying Dragon.
Innas was nice, but moved away from mine for Augs.

well you got it wrong click this link your looking my my old SC monk i no longer play softcore

( http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/Jblitz-1337/hero/52422654 )
Disclosure: The monk's my main, but I still don't know everything about it. So, hope this helps...

@Vanorstus (covering Barak)

This is a rather interesting build you have going on. I do appreciate the explanation behind the build. As for the changes, it depends on what you want to go for.

Considering weapons: If you're sticking to lightning, it depends on whether you want dual wield or 2-handed. For 2-handed, you may want to consider the following:
-Schaefer's Hammer: Gives bonus damage to lighting skills
-Incense Torch of the Grand Temple: This reduces costs for Wave of Light, and ups the damage. I only put this here because I like the lightning rune for Wave of Light, an electrified pillar that lasts for 3 seconds, and many can be put down in rapid succession.

For dual wield:
-Odyn Son: Gives more lightning damage
-Won Khim Lau: Gives more lightning damage
-Thunderfury: Chance to proc lightning, comes with socket
-Shard of Hate: Procs charged bolts when you do lightning damage

You'll also want to increase your critical chance, at least to 33%, more is better. If you're going with Depth Diggers, you may want to look for one that at least gives 90% more damage. However, if you do find yourself dying a lot, more than you want, consider getting the Blackthrone's Set, for pants, boots, and amulet. This way you keep your belt, but then again you'll have to change up your build a bit. But I do find this very interesting.

And also, don't forget to upgrade your gems. (You probably already know this)

@Jblitz

Interesting take on the Sunwuko's build. I'm curious on how it handles.

For better survivability, you definitely want to keep an eye out for Blackthorne's amulet, which you probably already know. It may also not hurt to try to get an Aughlid's bracer with both 20% Holy and 6% crit, seeing as you can make those.

I'm not sure what else to add for this, but I kinda like the build.

@Reilloc (for Koolaid)

I don't know just how much to add to this, as it looks good. I would say for the belt, getting a Witching Hour would help with damage, or a Blackthorne's which would help with defense. It does seem that you are looking for a R-Gift to get a socket for your weapon, so you could replace the original one for something else.

Other than that, aim for max crit chance on your amulet, and max Holy damage on your bracers.

Note: If you are considering commenting on mine, and only want to focus on one, focus on Jovas. He's my seasonal monk, and working on a Sunwuko build. Still need more emeralds, and a Stone of Jordan wouldn't hurt either...
@Void

Not bad gear set up :) nice to see someone use the Endless Walk set gear. Not bad dmg andtoughness too..

Can anyone rate my season monk Ava? (no point doing castrum as he will get the best of Ava's gear when seasons over)
Great damage and toughness. I'm curious about how high you are able to clear in grifts, as I seem to be stuck around lvl 24.

Do you find your mantra of evasion to be better than healing?
@Snuglz Was unsure which to rate but Refreshe is pretty good, decent dps but low health.
@Snuglz (Refreshe)

7/10

Nice dragon, boots & wh.

You might want to roll IAS off your hands and get a different helm.

Your ammy needs a lot of work.
@UberDragon
Nice gear! I like your skill setup too. I'll have to try some of what your doing. Sick gems as well.
10/10
@Solstafir

everyone and their swk :P not bad at all

Started using my cold monk again, need a gift for my rimeheart so i can get dex on it. Need a cdr rorg, and I'll have enough cdr for a proper defensive rotation. Rimeheart has been procing a lot more often, 150-220mil crits on whites. 300mil+ on elites. BT is helping out a ton with auglids. Still a bunch of improvements need to be made, especially need a new pair of fb with cc.
Hey guys, I'm back after taking a long break and would like some feedback on my monk. I've been using the Raiment 6pc with RoRG and the 2pc SWK for the diabo bonus for a while and getting slight upgrades here and there though I can't seem to get over 700k sheet damage if I tried....

A lot of ppl in my party look at my build and ask me "wtf build is that?" and I don't really have an answer lol, as I'm not up to date on all that, but I guess I'm trying to build a lightning monk, I have a thunderfury and a Wom Khim though when I equip them my damage drops drastically to about 400k.

Any feedback would be appreciated, There's some really nice monks in here :)
Get crit on your helm and ammy for starters that should help a lot.
@UberDragon - given your toon's name, seems like I'm inviting abuse by making a comment on it. but, I want comments on mine so here goes :)

End game monk so, prob no need for change but...
SOJ for Skull Grasp - may be better with more Holy vs CC
Ramaladni for FD to re-roll socket to LOH
Witching Hour for Hellcat

For mine, should I re-roll attack speed on the RoRG to a socket as it really isn't important for TR build? Or, what else should I do????
@WAZZUPENING

I think you need more survivability from all the gears. VIT, AR, SR. Shoulder and head need a better SWK gears, try rolled out the LoH on your RoRG if you want to do higher Torment.
@yuhhaur

You could sinergize your elemental dmg bonuses better i guess... the damage you get when sinergize elemental + elemental dmg % bonus in higher places is insane, maybe chance your main dmg dealer to holy instead of physical. I think you could get blinding flash to activate your passive instead of using that rune on your way of light.

Nice gear =DDDD
@Driff

Nice to see fire monk build for a change! You have quite a lot of %life stacked up to increase your toughness, as well as dodge to amp toughness up somemore. I'm not sure how effective that is on higher GRs though.. elite ground effects mostly ignore dodge.
Perhaps switching out demon claw for burning axe would be good to boost your % fire dmg further!

For my gear.. someone help pls! I am torn between lightning build and stacking % lightning dmg at the cost of dropping ias/crit dmg