What is wrong with the Devs?

General Discussion
Prev 1 4 5 6 8 Next
09/03/2014 11:26 PMPosted by JessiBear
Criticize me all you want but last time I checked the entire Diablo series was an ARPG Loot Grinding Game, or it used to be.

- We now have 99% drop rates on Cache Legendaries (went 30/30 tonight)

- We have gold that literally rains from the sky by the millions. (Made 150 million gold clearing 1 zone in about 20 min with an upgraded Boon of the Hoarder gem)

- We have Kadala offering targeted Legendaries (yes I know she sucks but you can still get exactly what you need eventually)

- Most classes can farm Torment 6 withing hours of turning 70

So seriously I ask what is the point of the game anymore? Some people will say Greater Rifts but that lasts about three days until you hit that wall around 35-40 where no matter how good your gear is your gonna get 1 shot by a jailer.

All of these things you mentioned, you dont have to do. you can skip all of that and grind all day long if you want :) have fun! Game is exciting again. Changing builds constantly, have too many characters and not enough time! (good thing)
09/04/2014 12:19 AMPosted by Somerandom18
Spent 200 hrs on my barb to be surpassed by my friend's 35hr season character. I !@#$ing love that, what a waste of my god damn time.

Thanks Blizzard

That can happen at any time. Saw my friend level a hunter and gear him in less time played than mine, it's just random free lootz for whoever gets lucky. Kinda pisses me off, but at the same time I can't be mad at my friend for a random number... I kinda wish they could introduce a way to earn an item, like buying a specific piece with a crap load of Forgotten Souls or something, or crafting patterns for the Blacksmith so you can make what you need (high mats cost and lower stat windows just to be fair to those that found theirs rather than made them). That would have allowed me to make the last piece or two of my Marauders set and get the 6 piece bonus (as well as getting the slots I wanted) even though the quality would be slightly lower than Dropped ones. I could at least use the build I want with the gear I want, allowing me to play the game in whatever style I prefer in order to farm for Dropped Legendarys, or more mats to try other builds...
Oh and the game is still a grind if you want BiS (perfectly rolled BiS). you can just get started a little faster.
man people complain about EVERYTHING in this game.
09/04/2014 12:32 AMPosted by AmunRa
Some of us have this thing called a life where they can't or don't want to spend 8 hours a day looking for a fricken raekor helm.

Then stop playing "nolifer-oriented" games.

The no lifers are far fewer than the rest of the world.

Logical fallacy. They're the main commercial target of the Diablo franchise.
To be honest, I like my gear, but it really isn't the slots I want. I would rather have Calamity, TnT gloves, Marauder boots, jewelry with sockets for Legendary Gems, some better rolls on current items, etc. So saying you are geared in about 100 hrs played is not necessarily true. There is almost always something to upgrade. And if you happen to get to that point of having perfect everything on your character, try doing it again with a new class...
Some of us have this thing called a life where they can't or don't want to spend 8 hours a day looking for a fricken raekor helm. The no lifers are far fewer than the rest of the world.

^^

I like the changes, filthy casual that I must be. Still got the grind to max out GR for e-peen contest.
I can't get higher than rank 5 on hearthstone because the seasons are too short. I'm entitled to my legendary status blizz. I spent $200 on your game that should come with 100% chances of legendary cards in packs and a free trip to the top of the ladder each season. Thank you. Next developer please.
09/04/2014 01:18 AMPosted by IMCL85
so much qq here, I remember ppl cry back in the days when set only drop in torment 1 and above. and u can not gamble them, ppl r soo mad. now u complain its too easy, haters gonna hate

Because those people that cried for RoS release loot are WoW players that can't stand that other people than them can have a game tailored to their taste.
09/04/2014 06:32 AMPosted by Salzwer
Some of us have this thing called a life where they can't or don't want to spend 8 hours a day looking for a fricken raekor helm.

Then stop playing "nolifer-oriented" games.

The no lifers are far fewer than the rest of the world.

Logical fallacy. They're the main commercial target of the Diablo franchise.

Newsflash, Diablo 3 is no "nolifer-oriented" game. Its all getting catered towards the casuals.
Which is a good thing imo.

I play more than a casual but I still have a life and dont spend 16 hours a day playing D3.
Since its catering to casuals its actually possible to see the endgame with several chars within my life time.

Still the fact that all progress depends 100% on luck is something that needs changes.
There should be a way to target the rarest of loot, for a set amount of effort.
09/03/2014 11:56 PMPosted by Logos
Make different builds, see how far they get you. Treat this game like an RPG instead of a Zynga game. What do you do when you finish a Dungeons and Dragons campaign? Start a new one next week. Simple.

Well spoken. These changes are amazing and people are just complaining for the sake of complaining.

If people want to no-life a game to barely make progress go play PoE. Meanwhile other people will be playing Seasonal characters a few hours a night and not feel like they're wasting their time doing so. The game is actually fun and exciting again.

Watch, with these rates like they are people will have weekly challenges where you're supposed to level a brand new character and see how far you can take it into Greater Rifts in a week. If you've not life grinded the game and you're bored, go play something else, go outside, get a significant other, play another game, play another character, whatever your fancy is. This game never should have been designed the way it was, and now the design actually makes sense.
Most people do not want to dedicate their life to a single game, especially not in a co-op game. What value does grinding for hours and hours and days for no real gain give the game? Nothing.
Cache drop boost is irrelevant when only RoRG is even useful and it still automatically rolls terrible stats.

Gold becomes irrelevant faster in Diablo 2 than it does in Diablo 3.

So uh...what was the issue again?
I have 1500 death's breaths because when you buff things you clearly make good decisions.
09/04/2014 04:16 AMPosted by Daemon
As Kripp said, this is now a console game... for PC.
~100 hours played you will get full gear.

And how is that a problem? Is everyone supposed to farm 20k hours to get anywhere?

Some people should go back to UO or text MUDs here....
09/04/2014 06:59 AMPosted by Avereth
So uh...what was the issue again?

The issue is that people want to feel like special snowflakes for having no job and being able to live rent free playing video games 16 hours a day.

Meanwhile, the rest of the world that has a job, a partner, other commitments, etc... will enjoy the hell out of the patch and be motivated to keep playing instead of quitting out of frustration.

I would much rather quit the game knowing that I've done everything I could do with a happy feeling when new content is added so I can come back than quit the game because I'm frustrated that I've pretty much capped out my stats on gear and now I just need to hope and pray for specific pieces to drop.

These people are hypocrites and it makes me sick. They complain about it being too easy to gear in this game, yet they're the same group of people that would chest farm, split farm, abuse T6 bounties, do Mira / Captain runs, etc...

If you're gearing out too fast for your liking then maybe you should just slow down.
Wahhhh. Wahhhhh.
09/04/2014 06:44 AMPosted by ThanatosVI
Newsflash, Diablo 3 is no "nolifer-oriented" game. Its all getting catered towards the casuals.

Totally wrong.

Diablo 3 was a nolifer-oriented game that pissed Diablo players, so they didn't buy the game and only the WoW players who were given a free key lasted. Now those WoW players are trying to mix incompatible features of WoW and Diablo, resulting in the current casual abomination.
09/04/2014 07:16 AMPosted by Salzwer
09/04/2014 06:44 AMPosted by ThanatosVI

Totally wrong.

Diablo 3 was a nolifer-oriented game that pissed Diablo players, so they didn't buy the game and only the WoW players who were given a free key lasted. Now those WoW players are trying to mix incompatible features of WoW and Diablo, resulting in the current casual abomination.

Tell a hardcore raider that they're casual because they play WoW and they'll laugh in your face. You think D3 had a time investment? D3 has NOTHING on the expansive content available in WoW and the difficulty of said content.

D3 has always by far been a much more casual game. Just because you don't play it on a casual schedule doesn't make it any less of a casual game.

The only difference now is, with Leaderboards and Seasons D3 is moving away from being a casual clickfest with nothing but gear checks that are based on luck more towards a game that requires actual skill and dedication to play. D3 is finally getting a much needed facelift in the challenge / reward ratio area.
Basically it comes to this:

-You don't like the changes, go play something else or enjoy something called LIFE

-You like the changes, then happy grinding!

kthxbye