RoS

Console Discussion
Is there a reason why we have to buy the ultimate evil edition, which includes the game, of which I already bought and own? Or is this just a way to get me to pay more money? Cause that's not happening.
Yes, there's a reason, but you'll probably never care.

ROS brought too many changes to core game to justify a separate DLC release.

That said, feel free to boycott it, kthxbai.
That's called an expansion. Devs do them all the time without forcing you to re-buy the game.
They also changed the achievements/trophies... no game had trophies unobtainable/changed/removed after the release of a patch.

This ain't the PC version, sorry.
So they changed the achievements so they could justify tacking the original game in there? I fail to see a legitimate reason for this besides Blizzards usual money hungry motives. I've played console games that have done expansions before and once again, despite drastically changing the game they didn't force you to buy it all over again. What the hell am I suppose to do with two copies of the same game now if my old copy is being considered "obsolete" due to some minor achievement changes?
08/27/2014 11:19 AMPosted by Brids
So they changed the achievements so they could justify tacking the original game in there? I fail to see a legitimate reason for this besides Blizzards usual money hungry motives. I've played console games that have done expansions before and once again, despite drastically changing the game they didn't force you to buy it all over again. What the hell am I suppose to do with two copies of the same game now if my old copy is being considered "obsolete" due to some minor achievement changes?

If you go to youtube, the devs have a video explaining why they did this.
If you don't agree with it, don't get it.
You're putting too much thought into looking at it negatively
If your a diablo fan, it's worth every penny
Console expansions add content without changing the core game. Yes, there's Dragon's Dogma, but they didn't touch the trophies/achievements.

It's not the same game. Learn to read the changelogs for v2.0.1 update on PC and beyond. You'll know everything. Or maybe you don't really care about this game.
It's not the same game anymore

This here cannot be overstated
The character skill changes alone make it feel like a brand new experience
RoS pretty much changed the whole game. something a patch, expansion, or dlc couldn't have changed on console successfully. people that have no knowledge of game development or releasing of patches are quick to complain. On pc blizzard can release patches anytime they want without having to go thru MS or Sony approval and testing. blizzard controls their own content on pc. soo that being said, If they try to simply add the RoS content to the original D3 game that leaves lots of room for errors and bugs. and for them to fix these bugs it take a lot more time to fix because of the approval tests. soo if the expansion launches and its a mess they have a really long down time to fix. soo what they did was very very fair. they gave last gen gamers the whole package for the price of the expansion on pc. very very fair price...don't like it then go back to Call of Duty haha
If you have the game on last gen consoles, you can get the game for $40. It may be the full game, but it's a reduced price. If you are on "next-gen" consoles, the game is $60. If you don't agree with the price, don't buy it. I personally have purchased the game 3 times now ( PC, Xbox 360, Xbox One). I was like you a first and didn't want to pay full price for a game I already own and the expansion, but after reading the changes/additions, I found it worth it to me.
08/27/2014 11:06 AMPosted by Brids
Is there a reason why we have to buy the ultimate evil edition, which includes the game, of which I already bought and own? Or is this just a way to get me to pay more money? Cause that's not happening.

It's cheaper on my 360 like $40 bucks or something. $60 on the Xbox One.
I played the PS3 version a ton and was upset that ROS wasn't going to be DLC. That said after playing the game I can understand why it wasn't. There are just way to many tweaks for that to have worked.

People that think they just added a Class and one Act could not me more wrong.
The expansion is 40 bucks for PC. You're essentially getting the same thing.
Wasn't the PC RoS expansion 40 bucks anyways? Which is what you would pay to have it on last gen. So basically you are paying for an expansion but in a easy all-in-one package.