To Everybody That Thinks Demon Hunter Is OP

Demon Hunter
1 2 3 8 Next
To everybody that thinks the Demon Hunter is overpowered, and so much stronger than the rest of the classes, and that the Demon Hunter class, specifically the M6 build, needs to be nerfed:

Wrong. You are all wrong.

Now that we have data to look at, look at it.

The facts are that in the Americas:

The top Barbarian completed GR38 in 14:19.

The top Crusader completed GR38 in 13:34.

The top Demon Hunter completed GR42 in 11:51.

The top Monk completed GR37 in 9:47.

The top Witch Doctor completed GR39 in 11:52.

The top Wizard completed GR40 in 14:48.

That looks just about pretty damn even to me.

But you can present just that data in a lot of ways. For example, the Demon Hunter completed the highest level by 5 levels above the lowest, a Monk. But the Monk had the fastest time by 5 minutes below the slowest, a Wizard.

All the number one spots are held in a 5-level range of 37 to 42, and in a 5 minute time of 9:47 to 14:48. If I were on the Blizzard development team, I would be pretty happy with those numbers. Any statistician would, given the number of players.

Now, what exactly are all you people complaining about, again?
And its another DH begging not to get nerfed. I lol'd. Data is not the top biggest number. YOU are the one thats wrong. Take the average of the top 100 or something then maybe we can talk a bit...take the average of the top 10,000 and were getting closer to actual "data".

As a DH your playstyle is idiotic and the entire reason people are upset. You run screens away while your stationary sentries do all the work for you. /golfclap There would be less rage if you had to play in the same vicinity as Jailer going off...but you in fact get to skirt just outside that or around a corner.

^^ thats what i'm complaining about.
yea

because 5 levels of difficulty is insignificant.

5+ monk at level 37 (highest level)
vs
35+ dh at level 40 or over

except for wizard at 40, all other classes are sub level 40.

/rolleyes
People don't understand that it's not about damage, it's about survivability: Raekor Barbarians can deal a lot more damage than Demon Hunters, yet none of them got past Greater Rift 39, because they are more susceptible to taking damage: Electrified, Arcane Sentries, Fire Chains... all those things that ranged classes can easily avoid and will most likely instantly kill a melee class.

Out of all ranged classes, Demon Hunters are the best ones at kiting, because they can just drop 5 Sentries and kite while the Sentries do all the damage. One easy way to solve the Demon Hunter's superiority would be to increase their Hatred generation and make it so the Sentries will only cast Hatred Spender is the Demon Hunter is spending Hatred as well. This way, not only they wouldn't be able to deal damage and kite at the same time, but it would also make non-Marauder builds viable.
It's clear to me you are not a statistician.

For example, the Demon Hunter completed the highest level by 5 levels above the lowest, a Monk. But the Monk had the fastest time by 5 minutes below the slowest, a Wizard.

This is relevant how? You are comparing the clear times of Monk in lvl37 to a Wizard in a lvl40 rift. It's not one way of presenting data, it's total garbage.

Doing a statistic is about more than just the top players.
09/02/2014 01:31 AMPosted by Hulkina
As a DH your playstyle is idiotic and the entire reason people are upset. You run screens away while your stationary sentries do all the work for you. /golfclap There would be less rage if you had to play in the same vicinity as Jailer going off...but you in fact get to skirt just outside that or around a corner.

As a human being, your level of presumption and jealously is idiotic. You have no clue what my playstyle is, and regardless, what do you care? Why do you care?

But for your information, I circle my prey, ringing it in Sentries, and blast away with Multishot all the while. Why do you think I have Preparation/Punishment in my build? I use a ton of Hatred.

Guys like you aren't happy just having fun; you have to spoil the fun for people around you, so you can lord it over them how much more fun you are having than they are.

It's not about the Demon Hunter (or any other) class with people like you, it's all psychological; jealousy, anger, selfishness, ego, and above all, a massive inferiority complex.

I knew that hard, cold statistics would bring a few of you out of the woodwork, with your irrational attacks on everything around you.

I feel sorry for you.
09/02/2014 01:40 AMPosted by KeyChain

Not on a leaderboard, it isn't. It's all about the top players.
09/02/2014 01:38 AMPosted by Skaad
People don't understand that it's not about damage, it's about survivability: Raekor Barbarians can deal a lot more damage than Demon Hunters, yet none of them got past Greater Rift 39, because they are more susceptible to taking damage: Electrified, Arcane Sentries, Fire Chains... all those things that ranged classes can easily avoid and will most likely instantly kill a melee class.

Out of all ranged classes, Demon Hunters are the best ones at kiting, because they can just drop 5 Sentries and kite while the Sentries do all the damage. One easy way to solve the Demon Hunter's superiority would be to increase their Hatred generation and make it so the Sentries will only cast Hatred Spender is the Demon Hunter is spending Hatred as well. This way, not only they wouldn't be able to deal damage and kite at the same time, but it would also make non-Marauder builds viable.

Casters are good at kiting as well. But I as a WD for example don't have the luxury of invulnerable turrets. They will either implement your proposed solution or some sort or range restriction.
09/02/2014 01:42 AMPosted by OldPro
09/02/2014 01:40 AMPosted by KeyChain

Because they are going to balance the game based on a leaderboard, which shows a tiny fraction of the population, amirite?
Other than the OP this is just a basic QQ thread. Screaming like a child "My class is weak!!!!! Nerf the strong one so I dont suck anymore!!!!!". Go eat a bag of Horadric Hamburgers and choke on them.

Instead of screaming for nerfs, why dont you instead ask for buffs for all other classes? That is what Grifts seem like they were put in for in the first place. They are mile markers for classes and where blizzard should bring all classes up to. Just think about it, "Class X can get to level Y in Grifts. That gives us our benchmark for where we want to bring all other classes.". Great idea isnt it?

So, once again I will say this and I hope all the crying little kids read it. Stop asking for nerfs because you class feels weak. Demand buffs for your class to be on par with the rate at which the game is progressing.
09/02/2014 01:45 AMPosted by Madmartigan
Other than the OP this is just a basic QQ thread. Screaming like a child "My class is weak!!!!! Nerf the strong one so I dont suck anymore!!!!!". Go eat a bag of Horadric Hamburgers and choke on them.

Instead of screaming for nerfs, why dont you instead ask for buffs for all other classes? That is what Grifts seem like they were put in for in the first place. They are mile markers for classes and where blizzard should bring all classes up to. Just think about it, "Class X can get to level Y in Grifts. That gives us our benchmark for where we want to bring all other classes.". Great idea isnt it?

So, once again I will say this and I hope all the crying little kids read it. Stop asking for nerfs because you class feels weak. Demand buffs for your class to be on par with the rate at which the game is progressing.

It would be great if Blizzard worked that way but they don't. It's much easier for them to nerf one class than to buff the rest.
09/02/2014 01:42 AMPosted by KeyChain
09/02/2014 01:38 AMPosted by Skaad

Casters are good at kiting as well. But I as a WD for example don't have the luxury of invulnerable turrets. They will either implement your proposed solution or some sort or range restriction.

they are catching up though lol top WD just hit 40 im sure more will follow and its only one week in, keep in mind blizz already stated they are buffing pet survivablity acrros the board so pet WD is coming back too.

People need to keep track of the world wide leaderboards also not just NA, NA usually has the most flavor of the month players sadly lol

World wide stats are as follows

DH - 42
Barb - 40
Wiz - 40
Wd - 40
Cru - 38
Monk - 38
09/02/2014 01:44 AMPosted by KeyChain

Because they are going to balance the game based on a leaderboard, which shows a tiny fraction of the population, amirite?

They should and they already said they will, not around just the top people but on the leaderboard as a whole. The lowest being at 37 and the highest at 42 is a huge gap in greater rifts, and something has to be done. I hope they don't nerf DHs, and instead buff the other classes but if you are a DH right now just enjoy it. And if a nerf comes you shouldn't be surprised.
09/02/2014 01:47 AMPosted by KeyChain

It would be great if Blizzard worked that way but they don't. It's much easier for them to nerf one class than to buff the rest.

No it isnt. When you nerf one class it just lowers that one class and the classes that should be buffed still feel weak. At this point they have to nerf all difficulties across the bored, which could take half a year to do.

Or they could spend 2 weeks buffing buffing each individual class that needs it. That would take them about 2-3 months to do and everyone would feel a hell of a lot stronger therefore making all players happy across the board.
09/02/2014 01:52 AMPosted by Madmartigan
09/02/2014 01:47 AMPosted by KeyChain

No it isnt. When you nerf one class it just lowers that one class and the classes that should be buffed still feel weak. At this point they have to nerf all difficulties across the bored, which could take half a year to do.

Or they could spend 2 weeks buffing buffing each individual class that needs it. That would take them about 2-3 months to do and everyone would feel a hell of a lot stronger therefore making all players happy across the board.

You have played D3 long enough to know how Blizzard works.
09/02/2014 01:57 AMPosted by KeyChain
09/02/2014 01:52 AMPosted by Madmartigan

You have played D3 long enough to know how Blizzard works.

Ok this is true.... but Ive also played games long enough to know how it SHOULD work..
09/02/2014 01:44 AMPosted by KeyChain

Yup. You know they will. Greater Rifts are end game. That's it. All we get. As long as there is a build for each class that can perform to an acceptable standard, nothing will be changed.

A lot of people may think differently, but 5 levels between the leaders in all classes is really dead even. You might say it is near perfect class balance.

The thing that has everybody in an uproar is the difference in play styles and tactics. An attitude that is born of pure human jealousy, ego, and immature inferiority complexes: "Look how much harder I have to work to even get close to where he is! It's not fair! I want him to do worse so I can look better!" Silliness.
09/02/2014 02:00 AMPosted by OldPro

Yup. You know they will. Greater Rifts are end game. That's it. All we get. As long as there is a build for each class that can perform to an acceptable standard, nothing will be changed.

A lot of people may think differently, but 5 levels between the leaders in all classes is really dead even. You might say it is near perfect class balance.

The thing that has everybody in an uproar is the difference in play styles and tactics. An attitude that is born of pure human jealousy, ego, and immature inferiority complexes: "Look how much harder I have to work to even get close to where he is! It's not fair! I want him to do worse so I can look better!" Silliness.

Whatever man. I am almost tempted to bet you M6 is going to get nerfed.
09/02/2014 01:17 AMPosted by OldPro
The top Barbarian completed GR38 in 14:19.

The top Crusader completed GR38 in 13:34.

The top Demon Hunter completed GR42 in 11:51.

The top Monk completed GR37 in 9:47.

The top Witch Doctor completed GR39 in 11:52.

The top Wizard completed GR40 in 14:48.

This just shows melee is being !@#$ed over as usual, if you think those numbers are fine you havent played high levels in Grifts, the HP on mobs increase by retarded amounts and so does the damage. The difference between 1 level is quite big at that point.