To Everybody That Thinks Demon Hunter Is OP

Demon Hunter
Prev 1 2 3 4 8 Next
09/02/2014 03:25 AMPosted by Azwrath
09/02/2014 03:05 AMPosted by Santa
In a game that has no real meaning except for enjoyment, there is NO such thing as OVER POWERED!

Nothing is really "balanced" nor should it be, for it is always the differences that make everything work.

To everyone who always call for balancing this or balancing that..... go get a life outside of gaming.

Your playing a game like this has ZERO impact on me and vica versa..... I don't care about ladders/ leaderboards or any other such trivial C R A P!

As OldPro CLEARLY shows.... DH's are not top and are close to par with the other classes.....

So to ALL of you NERF CALLERS....

Go get stuffed! 8P

Several GR tiers is not close. T4 - T6 is just 2 levels. But the actual difference is enormous.

If you actually looked at the data objectively:

Top 151 DH players are between GR 39-42.

Top Crusader is 38.

The only thing that you can possibly conclude is that the "difference" (as you like to call it) between DH and the other classes is that they're better by orders of magnitude.

its been only a week this is just flawed, as time has passed which i have stated in many threads the other classes will catch up, in the end there will always be a class on top so the only thing you can do is try and keep them as close as possible and blizzard already stated they wanted everyone several greater rifts apart at worst roughly 3 and that is already happening. in a months time just like in PTR all classes will balance out except maybe monks who still need further buffs and tweaks. currently in the world wide scale every class except monks and crusaders are already beginning to hit the 3 greater rift threshold.Time will prove this right as it already has in just a week alone but people seem to ignore this evidence in the world leader boards rankings.

A few days ago everyone cried nobody was in the 40's but DH then that changed, barbs said they would never keep up then they started hitting the 40's also, same went with wizards when they fixed their firebirds, then a few days after WD said we will never go over 37, they hit 40.. on and on... the balance is already happening in slow motion blizz will probably just give minor tweaks to pets, monks crusaders etc.

people just like to complain and ask for nerfs though lol its the general forums analysis and thinking things through is not what their known for haha.

DH - 42
Wiz - 40
Barb - 40
WD - 40
Sader -38
Monk - 38

one week in^ sure looks like the gap is closing as time passes...
Time will prove this right as it already has in just a week alone but people seem to ignore this evidence in the world leaderboards rankings.

people just like to complain and ask for nerfs though lol its the general forums analysis and thinking things through is not what their known for haha.

I agree absolutely. nobody really thinks the DH is overpowered; they're just mad about the playstyle:

"Look, they just plop down Sentries and run away! I play a Barb, and I have to stay in it and show what I'm made of, but the DH is ever so slightly ahead of me, and it makes me mad! They have it so easy! They need a nerf so it's not so easy for them anymore. Then they'll know how it feels to be me!"

OK, bedtime.
09/02/2014 03:32 AMPosted by Gaarashatan
09/02/2014 03:23 AMPosted by Divine
How about we look at it like this.

The LOWEST DH on the leaderboards, #1000 is at wave 36 with a time of 12:45.

The closest wizard to this time is #67 with a time of 12:43.

Being at wave 36 at ALL for wizards nearly puts you in the top 100.

151 DHs have completed wave 39. 2 Wizards have completed wave 39.

Are you getting the point I'm putting across now? Sure, it's POSSIBLE for other classes to keep up, but DHs are still completely smashing every other class hands down.

i dont know how he would give us a detailed argument. but then completely disregard this data. for his own convenience.

this just doesnt work because its one week in, most other classes had entire build/set changes where they needed to have complete changes. theres still barbs running around thinking EQ set is best or wizards running in the top 1k without firebirds, never mind that they just barely fixed the set 3 days ago and still have a bugged hydra skill that is going to be fixed soon.

Dh had none of this happen they literally had no changes to their meta game unlike the other classes. The average player doesnt keep up with PTR and sadly was unaware of the upcoming builds, most wizards barbs etc are barely finding out about their new meta game most dont keep up with PTR sadly so of course their is a discrepancy, but again with time this will balance out as the new builds and gear pieces become common knowledge. Just 1 week ago most people would soul their raekors or firebirds or sunwukos etc lol

The top 1k is not a proper analysis in such a short time frame but people fail to think about this, in a months time watch it balance out just like the top players are already reaching that,its pretty simple really lol
09/02/2014 01:41 AMPosted by OldPro
It's not about the Demon Hunter (or any other) class with people like you, it's all psychological; jealousy, anger, selfishness, ego, and above all, a massive inferiority complex.

Why are you so afraid of nerfs if you've said that you dont care about them?

09/02/2014 02:00 AMPosted by OldPro
A lot of people may think differently, but 5 levels between the leaders in all classes is really dead even. You might say it is near perfect class balance.

If you think that 1 class doubling other's power is near perfect class balance, then yes.

09/02/2014 01:45 AMPosted by Madmartigan
Instead of screaming for nerfs, why dont you instead ask for buffs for all other classes?

It's funny that I can find at least one of these at every thread. Lovely.

09/02/2014 01:47 AMPosted by KeyChain
It would be great if Blizzard worked that way but they don't. It's much easier for them to nerf one class than to buff the rest.

And here a second one.

09/02/2014 01:51 AMPosted by kg215
I hope they don't nerf DHs, and instead buff the other classes

09/02/2014 01:52 AMPosted by Madmartigan
No it isnt. When you nerf one class it just lowers that one class and the classes that should be buffed still feel weak. At this point they have to nerf all difficulties across the bored, which could take half a year to do.

Or they could spend 2 weeks buffing buffing each individual class that needs it. That would take them about 2-3 months to do and everyone would feel a hell of a lot stronger therefore making all players happy across the board.

Now 2nd caught in foul...
09/02/2014 03:25 AMPosted by OldPro
I merely gave an example of how data could be presented. If you want to use those presentations to make completely irrelevant, irrational, erratic and incorrect conclusions, that's up to you.

09/02/2014 01:17 AMPosted by OldPro
All the number one spots are held in a 5-level range of 37 to 42, and in a 5 minute time of 9:47 to 14:48. If I were on the Blizzard development team, I would be pretty happy with those numbers. Any statistician would, given the number of players.

Another example?
Lol you killed your own self posting those numbers because the DH did HIGHER levels in LESS time that most all of them. lol You lose,, nerf the DH ;))
09/02/2014 03:30 AMPosted by OldPro
There might be 80,000,000 Demon Hunters and 14 Wizards.

You stupid head! There aren't 80,000,000 people playing D3! And More than 14 wizards have done wave 36. Gawd, what are you, an idiot?

I kid I kid. Obviously you have a good point, but I don't feel like the numbers are going to be QUITE that one-sided in terms of class representation.

I feel like DHs will definitely have a larger number of players because they're pretty OP, but I don't think it's going to be 10 or 20x more. I could be wrong. But when you look at the number of players that have completed wave 39, you'd basically be assuming that there are 75x more geared DHs than there are wizards.
09/02/2014 03:39 AMPosted by Gaarashatan
http://www.diabloprogress.com/ladder_stats

enjoy

read what i stated above^ lol like i said one week isnt a large enough sample size as the other classes catch up, the evidence was already there in PTR when all classes were 3 apart on average. but yea lets just base everything on 1 week lol, in time like i said the balance will happen just like it has slowly been happening but people like to ignore that.

again where are all those WD from a few days ago who said they could never hit 40? in a month there will be many more around and they will realize how silly it is to jump the gun so early on a patch but ok
09/02/2014 03:39 AMPosted by Gaarashatan
http://www.diabloprogress.com/ladder_stats

enjoy

Oh god that's hilarious.
09/02/2014 02:15 AMPosted by gbasso
Diablo 2. Trapsin.

Banned from PvP due to being too lame. Equally lame at PvE, but "now we're on the same side", D2 leaderboards are meaningless, parties can have up to 8 players, ...
09/02/2014 03:05 AMPosted by Santa
In a game that has no real meaning except for enjoyment, there is NO such thing as OVER POWERED!

Nothing is really "balanced" nor should it be, for it is always the differences that make everything work.

To everyone who always call for balancing this or balancing that..... go get a life outside of gaming.

Your playing a game like this has ZERO impact on me and vica versa..... I don't care about ladders/ leaderboards or any other such trivial C R A P!

As OldPro CLEARLY shows.... DH's are not top and are close to par with the other classes.....

So to ALL of you NERF CALLERS....

Go get stuffed! 8P

you have the most incoherent argument I've ever seen, so anyone wanting balance in a game should just stop playing and "get a life" outside and you don't care about ladders either so what point are you even trying to make

oldpro hasn't clearly shown anything by posting mutli-level times so unless you are oldpro's alt account I don't know why you are nuthugging him so much
09/02/2014 03:37 AMPosted by OldPro
Time will prove this right as it already has in just a week alone but people seem to ignore this evidence in the world leaderboards rankings.

I agree absolutely. nobody really thinks the DH is overpowered; they're just mad about the playstyle:

"Look, they just plop down Sentries and run away! I play a Barb, and I have to stay in it and show what I'm made of, but the DH is ever so slightly ahead of me, and it makes me mad! They have it so easy! They need a nerf so it's not so easy for them anymore. Then they'll know how it feels to be me!"

OK, bedtime.

You may have some valid points about the psychological aspects you're discussing and I may even agree with some of them. However, your original post and your comparison of the data is still flawed. You're trying sell us on the idea that classes spanning a range from 37 to 42 and time differences around 5 minutes are close. In reality, level 42 is an ENORMOUS increase in difficulty over 37. Your argument might hold more water if these difficulties scaled up linearly, but they do not. Each increment brings an increased delta in difficulty over the last one, so by the time you're talking about a 5 level spread, that is a pretty significant difference. Not to mention that save the Monk (at only 37) the DH cleared a significantly higher difficulty in the shortest time (by a significant amount compared to some classes).

Sorry, but your data just isn't as close as you're trying to argue it is. I'm not calling for nerfs and agree that the situation is improving and may balance a lot closer in time, and the world-wide data looks better, but that isn't what the data you posted says at all. Your data says there is a sizable gap. Perhaps you just were not aware of how large the difference becomes between greater rifts of that difficulty.
<span class="truncated">...</span>

read what i stated above^ lol like i said one week isnt a large enough sample size as the other classes catch up, the evidence was already there in PTR when all classes were 3 apart on average. but yea lets just base everything on 1 week lol, in time like i said the balance will happen just like it has slowly been happening but people like to ignore that.

again where are all those WD from a few days ago who said they could never hit 40? in a month there will be many more around and they will realize how silly it is to jump the gun so early on a patch but ok

will i win the lottery? since you can tell the future. perhaps dh are just going to stop playing for a month. who knows. i guess all the other classes did for awhile while dh's geared up. and thats why theyre so high above the rest. srsly....

in PTR they capped off at 42, you eventually hit a wall everyone will and that wall currently is 42 lol, but yea just ignore that the other classes are already slowly climbing up and the balancing is already beginning to happen but nope lets not look at that lets just avoid the steady climb that has gone on day by day that was impossible just a few days ago. this is general forums let the trolling run strong its what its known for :D
09/02/2014 02:18 AMPosted by Madmartigan
Power Creep has absolutely nothing to do with this.. Power Creep is basically just making old content garbage when new content is released... Which is being done in every single game that has expansions or added content at a new level. !@#$ about your power creep BS.

It's just you discovering that concept today and not being able to interpret the general meaning of a definition.

You'll never read at Wikipedia something like "Power Creep is what happens to Diablo 3 at patch 2.1 when trying to fix Monk". They will talk about something way more general like "new content killing old content" instead of "new versions of old content killing plain old content".

What do you need to get is that power and content growing out of control makes the game worse and more unbalanced.
09/02/2014 03:43 AMPosted by Divine
09/02/2014 03:30 AMPosted by OldPro
There might be 80,000,000 Demon Hunters and 14 Wizards.

You stupid head! There aren't 80,000,000 people playing D3! And More than 14 wizards have done wave 36. Gawd, what are you, an idiot?

I kid I kid. Obviously you have a good point, but I don't feel like the numbers are going to be QUITE that one-sided in terms of class representation.

I feel like DHs will definitely have a larger number of players because they're pretty OP, but I don't think it's going to be 10 or 20x more. I could be wrong. But when you look at the number of players that have completed wave 39, you'd basically be assuming that there are 75x more geared DHs than there are wizards.

The thing is Blizzard devs can see the numbers that are playing Diablo III and if one class is far outnumbering the rest then it is OPed since we all know the majority of min/max epeeners always go for the most powerful less chance of dieing class in all these games.

If you have 100 people playing DH's and only 50 playing all the other classes combined then something is wrong with the DH power and surviveability. Nerf the DH and watch the numbers change. There will be so much rerolling it will be funny. When you have a close balance of characters then an only then do you have a balanced game and a fair one. I think it's hard to do, very hard in fact to balance a game but at least they try.