To Everybody That Thinks Demon Hunter Is OP

Demon Hunter
Prev 1 3 4 5 8 Next
Posted by Santa
In a game that has no real meaning except for enjoyment, there is NO such thing as OVER POWERED!Nothing is really "balanced" nor should it be, for it is always the differences that make everything work.To everyone who always call for balancing this or balancing that..... go get a life outside of gaming.Your playing a game like this has ZERO impact on me and vica versa..... I don't care about ladders/ leaderboards or any other such trivial C R A P!As OldPro CLEARLY shows.... DH's are not top and are close to par with the other classes.....So to ALL of you NERF CALLERS....Go get stuffed! 8P

Spoken ^^^ like a true DH that doesn't want to get nerfed and lose his epeen status. lol
09/02/2014 04:04 AMPosted by heatrr
OP is an idiot simply downplaying the OPness of DHs.....
http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/14059216736

my thread actually shows they arnt as OP as people think and as time goes by this is being proven but ok lol...
09/02/2014 03:05 AMPosted by Santa
In a game that has no real meaning except for enjoyment, there is NO such thing as OVER POWERED!

Nothing is really "balanced" nor should it be, for it is always the differences that make everything work.

To everyone who always call for balancing this or balancing that..... go get a life outside of gaming.

Your playing a game like this has ZERO impact on me and vica versa..... I don't care about ladders/ leaderboards or any other such trivial C R A P!

As OldPro CLEARLY shows.... DH's are not top and are close to par with the other classes.....

So to ALL of you NERF CALLERS....

Go get stuffed! 8P

The base of any game is "do it the best you can" so you have fun. You're instead playing bad on purpose.

You can't pretend enforcing a philosophy that only fits to your taste to everyone.
09/02/2014 04:06 AMPosted by METATRON

my thread actually shows they arnt as OP as people think and as time goes by this is being proven but ok lol...

Firstly, nobody cares about your thread. Your analysis is flawed.

Secondly, your thread shows a large gap between DH and the other classes. 2 or 3 GR levels is an ENORMOUS difference.

Then as soon as you look at the numbers of players at each corresponding GR level you will see the real story - a horde of DH players sitting above everyone else.

This gap is not going to close, unless significant changes are made. Instead of wasting everyone's time trying to say "time will fix this" (nope, only a patch will fix this), why don't you enjoy your time with your beloved DH while you can?
09/02/2014 04:06 AMPosted by METATRON

The top barb on the US ladder is only grift 38 and the time would put him about 112th on the US DH ladder, he has 820 paragon levels and pretty much perfectly rolled gear so I think he understands his class.

also DH's won't be static either, so the gap isn't going to narrow as they'll improve as well. so it's interesting you think it's only a L2play issue with every non-dh player.
09/02/2014 04:18 AMPosted by METATRON

Firstly, nobody cares about your thread. Your analysis is flawed.

Secondly, your thread shows a large gap between DH and the other classes. 2 or 3 GR levels is an ENORMOUS difference.

Then as soon as you look at the numbers of players at each corresponding GR level you will see the real story - a horde of DH players sitting above everyone else.

This gap is not going to close, unless significant changes are made. Instead of wasting everyone's time trying to say "time will fix this" (nope, only a patch will fix this), why don't you enjoy your time with your beloved DH while you can?

so much anger... lol you must be one of those mad EQ barbs who souled his raekors or something...much face palm in your post i dont even know where to start, in a month im going to come back to this exact post when the numbers show you otherwise, time will tell you another story just as it has started doing already. dont bother writing back i dont care, i can spot a troll when i see one :]

No actually, I'm one of those EQ barbs who also has Vilecharge and IK. Not to mention Shotgun sader, and a fully geared pet WD.

Not that it even matters. If you're going to base the content of your post on my supposed lack of gear, do yourself a favor and actually check the profile first? It will save you some embarrassment.

Now we can wait a month to see how wrong you are, or we can go to your thread and see how you've conveniently ignored the player distribution by class at higher GR tiers, which tell the real story - a horde of DHs destroying the rest of the pack.
is this thread a joke? you are posting data showing how powerful the dh is.

im confused. are you not understanding your own data?
The gap between DH's and the other classes won't change much in the next months. DH's will always be 2-3 grift-levels above of anyone else!

Wizards need a Furnace to reach grifts 38+. Same with barbs, because the Raekor set is garbage against Rift Guardians. WD's pets get destroyed past grift 35+ and Jade WD's need to get into melee range for soul harvest, while DH's can dance in 30 yard distance watching their sentries doing all the work. And Monks are just Monks.

Yeah, the rankings won't change much.
When you look at it, the demon hunter perform better because they can do ton of damage (marauder set) while avoiding the !@#$ monsters throw at them. If they are getting hit, they are blown into next week. How perform a non-marauder DH? I think you guys got the point. You chance to live are always better when you are not there when the nasty affix is around.

The problem is more on the monsters side and the damage they can unleashed VS how much a played can take with their mitigation (including defensive skills). Perhaps boosting the defensive skill of melee players will narrow the gap?
I say it's not fair when some classes have minions which easily do damage comparable to other classes main abilities which on the other hand have to be pressed manually.

Maybe it's just me but I have a feeling that minions do way too much damage in this game.
The problem lies in the way they are buffing classes. People like builds that have alot of synergy, it makes the build fun. Randomly buffing skills in hopes that people will just slap random stuff together, even if they shot numbers through the roof is not fun. They need to create more builds that run a high level of synergy.
When the lowest DH's on the leader boards have almost caught up to the top of other classes on the leader boards, and when pretty much all the groups in leader boards contain 3 DH's for 4 man, 2 DH's for 3 man and either two DH's or a DH and monk/wd in 2 man, there is a problem with balance.

The other problem, as some have said, is that DH is, actually, quite bad without m6. A DH at this point has to have their sentries. Hopefully they rework them and give DH's something else, otherwise they'll fall to the bottom.
What's interesting here is that we have a paragon 200 something OP with terrible demon hunters giving lectures about class balance.

I lol'd.
09/02/2014 03:39 AMPosted by Gaarashatan
http://www.diabloprogress.com/ladder_stats

enjoy

Hah! Look, it's dead even, near perfect balance!

Greater Rift Level 38
Demon Hunter 470
Wizard 26
Witch Doctor 9
Barbarian 5
Monk 3
Crusader 1
09/02/2014 02:00 AMPosted by OldPro
A lot of people may think differently, but 5 levels between the leaders in all classes is really dead even. You might say it is near perfect class balance.
09/02/2014 03:30 AMPosted by OldPro
There might be 80,000,000 Demon Hunters and 14 Wizards.

I have it on good authority that there are at least 1000 Wizards playing, and I think a 1000 is a pretty decent sample size.
It will likely end up being some kind of combined solution. Nerfing DH's and buffing the other classes. They probably won't do it for all the classes at once either.
09/02/2014 05:19 AMPosted by Vresiberba
09/02/2014 03:39 AMPosted by Gaarashatan
http://www.diabloprogress.com/ladder_stats

enjoy

Hah! Look, it's dead even, near perfect balance!

Greater Rift Level 38
Demon Hunter 470
Wizard 26
Witch Doctor 9
Barbarian 5
Monk 3
Crusader 1
09/02/2014 02:00 AMPosted by OldPro
A lot of people may think differently, but 5 levels between the leaders in all classes is really dead even. You might say it is near perfect class balance.

Obviously everything is fine.