Why do you hate poison skills?

Demon Hunter
Are you removing it from everyone in preparation for druids and assassins, or is this just another awful decision to be added to the list?

I was really excited to finally start playing a poison build on my demon hunter.

jk 2.1.
They do not care about LORE!

Of course a DH is supposed to use Poison, Fire and Physical!
Your arrows could be tinkered with poison, ignited or fired as is!
Other elementals? Where should that came from? Some borrowed elemental spells from the Wizard?

The Roleplaying foundations have crumbled down for D3!
It's not just poison, DH's got the versatility hosed out of them w/ 2.1. DH is no where near as fun anymore, imo they actually made this class worse for the sake of balance..

You will use cold, you will like it, you will be thankful.
Äh...no.
It remains bad game design!

And where is the balance anyway? M6 spoils it and in addition turns the class into a bizarre caricature! What's the point in playing a DH who does not feel like a DH at all anymore?
Retarded Gameplay, Loads of Armor like Heavy Warriors and non-fitting Elements - it is plain ridiculous!

After all it is still supposed to be an (Action-) ROLE playing game!
they should just keep fire and remove the rest.

save themselves from lesser coding.
08/27/2014 05:18 PMPosted by blackwarx
They do not care about LORE!

Of course a DH is supposed to use Poison, Fire and Physical!
Your arrows could be tinkered with poison, ignited or fired as is!
Other elementals? Where should that came from? Some borrowed elemental spells from the Wizard?

The Roleplaying foundations have crumbled down for D3!

Exactly.

They could have made Poison work quite easily. It has the snare properties of cold and it can easily replace Frost Arrow, whilst using the same mechanics.

Their reasoning for replacing poison with cold was was pretty crap.
let's face it, each elemental has its specialty. Fire being pure damage, physical being moving the mobs, lightning being stun, cold being slow/chill, poison being DoT. Holy/Arcane are class specific element. Who in the world is going to use poison? so my damage can be DoT instead of instant? They removed it as a favor for us to not have that roll that I for a million year won't use. It is a bad design on their part as I think poison should be enfeeble/debuff nature, perhaps make mob weak etc. But as of the game design for poison now, I rather they just remove it.
I like that they dropped us to 4 elements from 5. Our skills were spread too thin compared to other classes (except those like Barb, who were excessively physical despite having access to 3 other elements - which they've also adjusted some), and we had 5 elements to compete for those ele damage rolls on our gear...again, compared to 4 for other classes.

They coulda gone with either Poison or Cold, and some people would much prefer they'd kept Poison, but I generally find it and Fire too similar in function - except that Poison is even more DoT heavy than Fire (which also uses some DoT effects), so am happy enough with the fact they went Cold. I do understand if others prefer the flavor of Poison instead, though :(
It makes no sense for them to get rid of poison in favor of other things though, lol.
08/27/2014 06:42 PMPosted by MJ23
let's face it, each elemental has its specialty. Fire being pure damage, physical being moving the mobs, lightning being stun, cold being slow/chill, poison being DoT. Holy/Arcane are class specific element. Who in the world is going to use poison? so my damage can be DoT instead of instant? They removed it as a favor for us to not have that roll that I for a million year won't use. It is a bad design on their part as I think poison should be enfeeble/debuff nature, perhaps make mob weak etc. But as of the game design for poison now, I rather they just remove it.

But Poison can have the same properties as Cold, it can slow, immobilize and so on, and can also work as a Dot, an explosive, all kinds of stuff. It can also make Mobs more vulnerable to damage or make them do less damage.

Poison is very versatile. And it should have been DHs Fourth element.
Poison is awesome.

Frost Arrow could easily have a Lightning VFx. It reminds me of Amazon's Lightning Javelins.
One of the other Lightning Runes can be converted into Poison like Lightning Bolt can be Poison Bolt. Ball Lightning is the superior Lightning Rune anyway.
08/27/2014 08:25 PMPosted by Swampllama
It makes no sense for them to get rid of poison in favor of other things though, lol.

08/28/2014 12:14 AMPosted by JangBahadur
Poison is very versatile. And it should have been DHs Fourth element.

08/28/2014 05:42 PMPosted by JangBahadur
Poison is awesome.