Pet Crusader

Crusader
All hail the Lord Commander build.

So, finally, I think we have a viable, fun and interesting pet build. Its likely going to be on my profile for a while if anyone wants to check it out, but I'll link the build and items I'd use here as well.

First off, the build: http://us.battle.net/d3/en/calculator/crusader#bkVPhQ!afSe!YababY

For items you want a CDR heavy Akkhan set coupled with the Captain Crimson. You'll need a RORG to make both sets work together. This nets you easily over 50% cooldown, naturally, and your 50% for Akarat's Champion. The strategy if this build is be in Akarat as much as possible, not only for surviving thanks to Prophet, but also to proc:

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/item/baleful-remnant

This flail procs off your kills, your pets kills and your allies kills. Not sure what the range is, but it seems pretty decent, probably equal to exp-share distance. I've never had a problem getting the massive amounts of avatars in play from it. It is limited to 8 avatars at any one point, however, but... that's not a problem when you add in:

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/item/unrelenting-phalanx

16 avatars. 8 bowmen, 8 ground pounders. You also couple in 3 more, in a pinch, with your Rise Brothers rune in Falling Sword. With your CDR, you can rely on being able to summon them at will, if you find yourself without an army. Our last item adds incredibly longevity:

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/item/eternal-union

This ring triples the duration of your avatars. That makes the baleful ones last 30 seconds, bowmen last 15, and the ones from Falling Sword last for 15. With your CDR safely at 50% or greater, this makes the bowmen and falling sword avatars permanent. In fact, you'll probably notice you have bowmen off cooldown... and still have bowmen out!

So, the strategy. When you notice a pack, you want to pop akarat and then falling sword on the group. Once you land, pull out the bowmen. Instant Army, just add water. As the enemies die, either by your own hand or not, they'll summon additional avatars. You'll start to notice you have more avatars out than there are enemies on the field, sometimes. This is an interesting bug, because it appears only a few avatars can be on any particular target. So, a lot of them will fall into a nice line formation, and wait until more enemies come in, or you move to another location - lol!
Yeah I think all of us Saders are busy running this build now that 2.1 hit.
Seems like the baleful remnant drops just as much as the Fate of the Fell and Golden Flense but I haven't had one drop yet(got the other 2 though). I saved an Eternal Union hoping it would go retro but unfortunately it didn't. I rolled the shield from Kadala last night so theres my start. I'm interested to see the dps on Golden Flense/Roland/Gogok of Swiftness Gem build as well. Only got 2 pieces of Roland atm though but Im going to work towards this build.

Im loving my doubledouble bombardment with Mortal drama using the rune on akarats that subtracts 12 sec from cooldowns. That makes Bombardment recharge quick along with falling sword, crit law, and phalanx and for good measure since the build uses hardly any wrath put Fist of heavens as the left click. Fire Baby. 57 cooldown is some sweetness.

It's at times like these I wish i didn't have to go to work. See you guys at 4pm.
For those of you who have made the build already or tested it in PTR, 2 questions:

Which Akarat's Champion rune did you find best? Prophet for the protection? Hasteful for the Attack Speed boost to increase the Phalanx damage?

and

What skill did you find best as a primary form of attack?

I'm still looking for a new Eternal Union before I can make my own Lord Commander. I found like 10 of them in the last month...but of course the change wasn't retro, so a lot of good those did me!
guys ive been playing this spec for 2 months now ........

its still nothing compared to a demon hunter

bombardment is broken to truly complete the build ......

16600% damage for impactful but it doesnt then transfer to ur skill bar
blizzard just break !@#$ all the time .....

my avatars are critting for 30 mill............
need to max out my gem and then get the gogog swiftness gem in my neck then will see some decent pet dps
taser and theo i wish......... problem is there is no real spender if u use bowmen ...........
shield bash is still up the %^- its a shocking skill rolands is hilariously *!@# for Grift 30 +
has no toughness and u just die ......

i think blizzard were on complete crack when they tested it
I have eternal union and akkhans and baleful.

After doing solo/team testing, I am using Phalanx + stampede as opposed to phalanx + bowmen. It kills 3x as fast. However, I am awaiting the new shield before testing the bowmen more /w my main skill being foh or something else
The new phalanx shield only works with the phalanx skill.

Falling sword rise brothers and the avatars spawned with balefull won't be doubled.
I think this build has some potential. DeadSet tested it in GRift solo in the PTR and it fell short because of bad pet AI.
I don't think it will be competitive solo if they don't improve the AI but it can be quite good in a group, giving your team some safety while monsters attack your pets + knockbacks and stuns.
Anyways, it seems to be a really good build for t6 and GRift -32 for now, and it is fun as hell.
Some notes.

I'm not using the shield to double the baleful or arise brothers avatars. I am using it to double the amount of bowmen I summon. Bowmen are where I get the bulk of my damage. I have no idea how you're having them crit for 30 million. Each arrow of mine seems to crit for ~5 mil. Are you adding up all the bowmen crits in to get 30 mil?

If they make pets proc legendary gems, this build will be massively insanely OP. Imagine a setup of Hoarder gem, Enforcer and Gogok. Pretty sure your bowmen line would melt just about anything. And if you got the bracers that gave exp for gold pickup... this would be an insane farm build.
Check my profile for real lord commander build...(dont see a reason to use eternal union and prefer soj %phys instead as i got perma phalanx and 10 sec baleful spawn is enough cause stuff keep dying and summoning new ones).

59% physical damage + 50% phalanx dmg increase, perma akarat, strongarm + ess of johan combo

just mount the horse, summon my bowmen and ride around rifts cleaning the way, my army shows along the way
Invincible what's your highest GR level with this setup? Also I noticed your char is HC, do you run GR at all?
09/02/2014 09:57 AMPosted by csjohnny34
Invincible what's your highest GR level with this setup? Also I noticed your char is HC, do you run GR at all?

Highest so far was level 22 but havent put too much time into it yet. Gotta reroll helm to phalanx %, armor to bombardment %, drop a reroll-able shoulder for cdr + bombardment, reroll jewel for sockets and get unrelenting phalanx with cdr. And test leg gems too, was thinking of moratorium and gogok swiftness (gotta see if phalanx proc this as i saw no final confirmation)

Also got a tasker and theo at stash but roll wasnt too good (AS + CDR right now), altough if im able to drop a decent akkan boot i can switch captain set for tasker.

Im pretty satisfied right now with this build but its a long way from being ready. So yeah, much improvement to be done.

If i get a unrelenting phalanx shield ill try eternal union + doombringer + bodyguard, thats the only reason id have to drop baleful. Its the weapon that gave me most fun so far (got around 5 dark lights and 3 fotf stashed).
I need EU...can't find. build is strong though. Stampede is currently doing 30-50 million.
Build is fun but hard to get right as TNT and Eternal dont have guaranteed useful roll. Unlike SOJ and Akkhan gloves, its really hard to get top end rolls on the crucial pieces of this build. Too much work for a build that is decent at best.
This is my hardcore petbuild, works like a charm, and i run it on two crusaders in dualboxing double the fun. Check it out

http://eu.battle.net/d3/en/profile/Idumea-2887/hero/44921106
Is EU worth replacing SOJ or RoRG? I find that I have no problems at all summoning and maintaining an army without EU... just curious if anyone has tested this
08/28/2014 01:38 AMPosted by Baalor
All hail the Lord Commander build.

So, finally, I think we have a viable, fun and interesting pet build. Its likely going to be on my profile for a while if anyone wants to check it out, but I'll link the build and items I'd use here as well.

First off, the build: http://us.battle.net/d3/en/calculator/crusader#bkVPhQ!afSe!YababY

For items you want a CDR heavy Akkhan set coupled with the Captain Crimson. You'll need a RORG to make both sets work together. This nets you easily over 50% cooldown, naturally, and your 50% for Akarat's Champion. The strategy if this build is be in Akarat as much as possible, not only for surviving thanks to Prophet, but also to proc:

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/item/baleful-remnant

This flail procs off your kills, your pets kills and your allies kills. Not sure what the range is, but it seems pretty decent, probably equal to exp-share distance. I've never had a problem getting the massive amounts of avatars in play from it. It is limited to 8 avatars at any one point, however, but... that's not a problem when you add in:

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/item/unrelenting-phalanx

16 avatars. 8 bowmen, 8 ground pounders. You also couple in 3 more, in a pinch, with your Rise Brothers rune in Falling Sword. With your CDR, you can rely on being able to summon them at will, if you find yourself without an army. Our last item adds incredibly longevity:

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/item/eternal-union

This ring triples the duration of your avatars. That makes the baleful ones last 30 seconds, bowmen last 15, and the ones from Falling Sword last for 15. With your CDR safely at 50% or greater, this makes the bowmen and falling sword avatars permanent. In fact, you'll probably notice you have bowmen off cooldown... and still have bowmen out!

So, the strategy. When you notice a pack, you want to pop akarat and then falling sword on the group. Once you land, pull out the bowmen. Instant Army, just add water. As the enemies die, either by your own hand or not, they'll summon additional avatars. You'll start to notice you have more avatars out than there are enemies on the field, sometimes. This is an interesting bug, because it appears only a few avatars can be on any particular target. So, a lot of them will fall into a nice line formation, and wait until more enemies come in, or you move to another location - lol!
Pet builds should be built around physical damage, or there is no point in using it... Those pets offer some small utility, but in terms of damage output you're wasting your time with this build. You're using holy % and using holy skills, then have a random phsyical skill, it makes no sense... Please take a look at my saders properly syngergized pet build, built around physical damage... http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/ImmortalKing-1296/hero/49479464
09/02/2014 01:48 PMPosted by Idumea
This is my hardcore petbuild, works like a charm, and i run it on two crusaders in dualboxing double the fun. Check it out

http://eu.battle.net/d3/en/profile/Idumea-2887/hero/44921106
Nice gloves and amulet ,but tbh I would be very scared walking around in HC with that awful CDR rating you have.
09/02/2014 03:06 PMPosted by ImmortalKing
Nice gloves and amulet ,but tbh I would be very scared walking around in HC with that awful CDR rating you have.

I just stay in the background havent gone higher then grfit 26, but just stay away the more range the more dps thanks to zei´s stone of vengance. Flick in now and then to cast charm/devine verdict. You dont need high cdr just enough to maintain the army.
09/02/2014 03:51 PMPosted by Idumea
09/02/2014 03:06 PMPosted by ImmortalKing

I just stay in the background havent gone higher then grfit 26, but just stay away the more range the more dps thanks to zei´s stone of vengance. Flick in now and then to cast charm/devine verdict. You dont need high cdr just enough to maintain the army.
......... You need it to keep your AC up. 50% DMG REDUCTION? 30% DMG? 5-10 WRATH PER SECOND?