Empty Rifts

General Discussion
1 2 3 8 Next
Not enough mobs to spawn RG. This has been a random problem but 3 rifts already ended this way since patch, every inch of ground covered. Anyone else having issues, are lizards eating all the mobs?
Just skim through pages 1-3 and see for yourself, its a pretty common problem since the patch.
guess we'll have to wait for a hotfix.
I've seen reports, and I made a post in the Bug Report forum about it too.

In all the cases I've seen people reporting it, they've had imps in their rift, making me wonder if imps don't add enough to the progress bar to hit 100%. Do you remember if you had imps in your rifts too?
Undead archers don't either have killed a bunch and got no progress on bar
08/26/2014 05:14 PMPosted by Nuadorin
Undead archers don't either have killed a bunch and got no progress on bar

Interesting - that's the first report I've seen here that maybe doesn't tie it specifically to imps.
08/26/2014 05:09 PMPosted by Artemis
Just skim through pages 1-3 and see for yourself, its a pretty common problem since the patch.

Wasnt low monster density an issue in the PTR as well?
I just had this as well, got to 94% on a single map that had no door out, just the teleporter back to town. Small map, completely cleared.
08/26/2014 05:53 PMPosted by Selestiall
08/26/2014 05:09 PMPosted by Artemis

Wasnt low monster density an issue in the PTR as well?

Unfortunately, yes - a post about being unable to complete a rift at 94% is a post on the front page of the PTR forum. http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/13978518211

I hadn't heard it specifically tied to monsters like imps until today though. So perhaps it wasn't previously examined that it could be from imps (and maybe other monsters) just not adding enough to the rift progress bar?
08/26/2014 05:07 PMPosted by Dommer
Not enough mobs to spawn RG.

Thanks, Dommer! We're definitely aware that some Greater Rifts are still unable to be completed because of a lower enemy density (or because they are filled with weak enemies, like Random mentioned). While these cases should be relatively few and far between, we're working on reducing and hopefully eliminating their occurrence.

One question I have for all of you: are you unable to complete regular Rifts, Greater Rifts, or both? (Knowing the answer to this will help us target our efforts better.)
this has been seen and reported on the PTR forum for weeks. But i guess not being able to clear rifts isn't in the list of priorities.

Sorry for the inconvenience, but thanks again for the report!

lol
...We're definitely aware that some Greater Rifts are still unable to be completed because of a lower enemy density (or because they are filled with weak enemies, like Random mentioned)..

Sweet, glad it's on the list!

Just to clarify though, I've seen it with regular rifts (lesser rifts?) as well - I haven't actually tried any greater rifts on the live server yet.
08/26/2014 06:00 PMPosted by Tyvalir

Thanks, Dommer! We're definitely aware that some Greater Rifts are still unable to be completed because of a lower enemy density (or because they are filled with weak enemies, like Random mentioned). While these cases should be relatively few and far between, we're working on reducing and hopefully eliminating their occurrence. Sorry for the inconvenience, but thanks again for the report!

Shouldn't GR simply spawn with 10 level? Once the RG spawns, all monsters die anyway.
One question I have for all of you: are you unable to complete regular Rifts, Greater Rifts, or both? (Knowing the answer to this will help us target our efforts better.)

I've seen it with regular rifts - I don't believe that I've seen anyone in the other threads mention it happening in greater rifts yet.

Thanks, Dommer! We're definitely aware that some Greater Rifts are still unable to be completed because of a lower enemy density (or because they are filled with weak enemies, like Random mentioned). While these cases should be relatively few and far between, we're working on reducing and hopefully eliminating their occurrence.

Very first "Rift" public game I joined had this problem. (Normal T3 rift)

Also, I have run three (yes, 3) solo T3 rifts in which the RG did not drop anything. No blood shards, forgotten souls, rares, gems, nothing. Not even gold.
08/26/2014 06:05 PMPosted by DoomBringer
Thanks, Dommer! We're definitely aware that some Greater Rifts are still unable to be completed because of a lower enemy density (or because they are filled with weak enemies, like Random mentioned). While these cases should be relatively few and far between, we're working on reducing and hopefully eliminating their occurrence. Sorry for the inconvenience, but thanks again for the report!

Shouldn't GR simply spawn with 10 level? Once the RG spawns, all monsters die anyway.

THIS!

and it only happened to one of my GR so far

considering that i only played two (23 and 26)

thats 50% and i want it fixed nao :p

greater rift density is very low please buff it thankyou
I've only seen this in the regular ones so far
regular rifts so far 3 1 floor rift with only goblins filled the bar to 72% 80% and 76% checked every single area
How is rift density still a problem... holy frack.
I have had instances where there simply wasn't enough monsters (95%) and could not complete. However they were rare :/