Empty Rifts

General Discussion
Prev 1 3 4 5 8 Next
got the same issue twice on normal rift . not enough mob to spawn the boss.
Regular Rifts also a problem. Did a 4 lvl Rift and could only achieve 96%

Pls fix :'(
Had this problem once - the rift spawned some imps.
Also, it was a pain in the !@# "search for mobs" for spawning the boss. Annoying.

Not playing right now just praying i'll pass the "Authenticating Credentials" stage someday :)
Wait, isn't this like the very first thing that was addressed in the PTR?

So far, I don't think I've heard of anyone having the problem at all in Greater Rifts - it might be exclusive to regular rifts.

(but please correct me if someone has had a Greater Rift that can't be completed)
08/26/2014 06:00 PMPosted by Tyvalir
08/26/2014 05:07 PMPosted by Dommer
Not enough mobs to spawn RG.

Thanks, Dommer! We're definitely aware that some Greater Rifts are still unable to be completed because of a lower enemy density (or because they are filled with weak enemies, like Random mentioned). While these cases should be relatively few and far between, we're working on reducing and hopefully eliminating their occurrence.

One question I have for all of you: are you unable to complete regular Rifts, Greater Rifts, or both? (Knowing the answer to this will help us target our efforts better.)

This info has been repeated to you people over and over.
Thanks, Dommer! We're definitely aware that some Greater Rifts are still unable to be completed because of a lower enemy density (or because they are filled with weak enemies, like Random mentioned). While these cases should be relatively few and far between, we're working on reducing and hopefully eliminating their occurrence.

One question I have for all of you: are you unable to complete regular Rifts, Greater Rifts, or both? (Knowing the answer to this will help us target our efforts better.)

I've done alot of greater rifts on the PTR, those always had alot of mobs. The problem is normal rifts, had 2-3 of those wich were not completable.
Regular rift, 99%, 3 maps, ALL gone through several times to be certain. And it was my very first rift attempted.(and my last) GG
We're definitely aware that some Greater Rifts are still unable to be completed because of a lower enemy density (or because they are filled with weak enemies, like Random mentioned). While these cases should be relatively few and far between, we're working on reducing and hopefully eliminating their occurrence.

If you guys would quit relying on RNG for every dam thing in this game, you wouldn't have this problem.

A very simple algorithm and test loop would solve it. For example:

If [enemies in Rift] = 0
And [percentage complete] < 100
Then [spawn n enemies]

Solved

No...can't do that. Instead, a random level spawns with a random number of enemies that award a random value of completion, and if it's close, it has no way to fix itself.

This is just bad, lazy game design and even worse programming and level design.
I had this problem too on my Demon Hunter where I got to 99% filled on the bar and there were no more enemies to fight. It was only one level and most of the monsters were buried elites. But after 15 minutes of searching for a few mobs, I found nothing and quit the rift.

I was sad face :(

EDIT: Forget to mention it was a regular rift.
08/26/2014 06:05 PMPosted by DoomBringer
Shouldn't GR simply spawn with 10 level? Once the RG spawns, all monsters die anyway.

I agree, but I think all rifts should have 10 levels and in normal rifts, the other enemies don't disappear when the RG spawns.

Problem solved.
08/26/2014 11:36 PMPosted by DrunkTank
08/26/2014 06:05 PMPosted by DoomBringer
Shouldn't GR simply spawn with 10 level? Once the RG spawns, all monsters die anyway.

DrunkTank, I'm not sure what you're trying to say by re-quoting that - have you have Greater Rifts that are impossible to finish? The initial problem in this thread is rifts that are impossible to complete because there aren't enough monsters. Since you quoted that message, have you had a Greater Rift that you were unable to complete because there weren't enough monsters to get to 100%?

Edit: now there's a little more context, but I think the question still remains? The issue is that there simply aren't enough enemies in some rifts to make the Rift Guardian appear.
Both, did a run tonight with 2 other Clan members Large Jail map, got to 81% in a regular Rift. Imps here and there and no door. Spent like another 10 minutes going over the either map again and never could get the RG to spawn. Gave up and moved on.
08/26/2014 11:41 PMPosted by Griz
Both, did a run tonight with 2 other Clan members Large Jail map, got to 81% in a regular Rift. Imps here and there and no door. Spent like another 10 minutes going over the either map again and never could get the RG to spawn. Gave up and moved on.

What do you mean "both"? Have you seen the same issue in Greater Rifts?
08/26/2014 05:07 PMPosted by Dommer
Not enough mobs to spawn RG.

Low mob density has been reported FOR MONTHS since ROS release.

Why do the devs find it so difficult to increase the rift mob density?
08/27/2014 12:21 AMPosted by krio
Low mob density has been reported FOR MONTHS since ROS release.

Why do the devs find it so difficult to increase the rift mob density?

To be clear, I've had rifts where the mobs don't seem too low-density...there just aren't enough monsters or monster-HP in the rift to actually get the progress bar to 100%. In my Bug Report thread where I have screenshots of an imp-heavy rift, I was almost constantly fighting mobs and getting massacre bonuses, but after clearing out the entire rift, I was only at 72% completion.

For me, the far more pressing issue is making sure that rifts actually contain enough monsters (or monster HP, whatever the actual metric is) for players to complete a rift. Mob density is perhaps something that should be addressed, but to me, that's more of a tweaking issue, whereas the inability to complete a rift is really a show-stopper problem.
3 times on normal rifts I'm done for the night lol
This one was at 78% with full map clear...
http://i.imgur.com/nIyvLmR.jpg
low rift density has been reported over and over and over again starting even at pre ROS launch.....
08/27/2014 12:45 AMPosted by Tudi
low rift density has been reported over and over and over again starting even at pre ROS launch.....

As I've mentioned though, I don't even feel this is about density. It's whether or not you can actually complete the rift to 100% and get the rift guardian. I've had rifts that I don't feel were low-density, but there still weren't enough monsters to complete the rift.
i can confirm that one aslso , it was in regular rift , and plenty of "imps's mob"

regards
syl