360-Original Diablo Save Data Transfer to RoS

Console Discussion
So I have my save data from Diablo 3 on my xbox360 and I still have the game disk. I bought Reaper of Souls for xbox360 when it came out. I am playing on the same console and my characters didn't show up for selection on Reaper of Souls. Is there a way to fix this?
08/25/2014 03:20 PMPosted by Lílíth
So I have my save data from Diablo 3 on my xbox360 and I still have the game disk. I bought Reaper of Souls for xbox360 when it came out. I am playing on the same console and my characters didn't show up for selection on Reaper of Souls. Is there a way to fix this?

Yes. You have to put the original Diablo 3 disc in and click import save.... Hop right back on RoS and you should be good to go!
08/25/2014 03:24 PMPosted by kyragon
08/25/2014 03:20 PMPosted by Lílíth

Yes. You have to put the original Diablo 3 disc in and click import save.... Hop right back on RoS and you should be good to go!

I don't see an import save =/
Did you download the data transfer patch on the original version of d3? I did exactly what you did but mine worked flawlessly. I put disk in last Monday night to download patch, downloaded and saved.... Put new game in same 360 and my toons were all there.
I put in D3 and downloaded the new update, still nothing.
Lílíth, can you confirm that you still see your characters when you access the original version of the game from that console?
08/25/2014 04:16 PMPosted by Araxom
Lílíth, can you confirm that you still see your characters when you access the original version of the game from that console?

Yes I still see them and can play them.
Okay, you shouldn't have to export your characters when you're playing on the same console - but let's see what happens when you do. Navigate to the menu and you should see a more option. Down there at the bottom of the more options, you should see 'export save' (if you've patched up). Do that, and then insert your UEE disc. Go to the options in that menu, and then choose more > import. Let me know if there's any change.
Ok, exported save on Diablo 3 and switched over to Reaper of Souls. The only thing I see is an export save like the other one.
Not to thread jack, but its relatively the same issue.

Araxom, I do not have my 360 or original game disc. So i asked a friend to recover my gamer tag on his console and use his game to export my characters from there (he already successfully exported his own). but when he went to load my gamertag my characters did not show up at all on the screen... Is this a common issue? is there a fix for this? is there a way that he needs to log into my gamertag and then also log into my battle net account from his xbox as well?

Thanks.
08/25/2014 04:46 PMPosted by VoidWalker
Not to thread jack, but its relatively the same issue.

Araxom, I do not have my 360 or original game disc. So i asked a friend to recover my gamer tag on his console and use his game to export my characters from there (he already successfully exported his own). but when he went to load my gamertag my characters did not show up at all on the screen... Is this a common issue? is there a fix for this? is there a way that he needs to log into my gamertag and then also log into my battle net account from his xbox as well?

Thanks.

You have to have your save data on your friends xbox as well.
Really?? So then essentially, there is no way to export your save if you traded in your 360 for the next gen console? That is super lame. Unless im missing something here

EDIT: I say that because there was a previous forum where a GM said you COULD use another xbox to export your save.
You have to have your save data. You could have saved your characters to cloud or a removable memory and used that but you still have to have your save data. So without that your character are gone, or at least that is what I have read in the forums and the save transfer page.
Hmm.. that is very helpful information! would be more helpful if I found that a couple months ago tho lol... So at this point then, there is no way to recover the saved data. As i did not save to the cloud (that i recall) and did not save it to an external memory source..
08/25/2014 05:01 PMPosted by VoidWalker
Hmm.. that is very helpful information! would be more helpful if I found that a couple months ago tho lol... So at this point then, there is no way to recover the saved data. As i did not save to the cloud (that i recall) and did not save it to an external memory source..

Yep, sorry.
Well thanks for the help! I'm not as upset as I probably should be based on how much time i put into the original 360 version.. But i suppose i will live lol.

EDIT: However, it would be nice for Araxom to chime in and either confirm this or add another solution ;)
Still haven't resolved my issue as well. :)
Tried everything I could think of and still no difference. I can play my Diablo 3 characters on Diablo 3 but not Reaper of Souls.