Boon of the Hoarder gem gone?

General Discussion
So, I looked EVERYWHERE in my stash and items for this gem, i cant find it at all. Its in no gear i have and not with my other gems.

I just did a Grift thinking i somehow dropped it, which i knew was wrong but anyway, in the gem level list at the end, Boon of the Hoarder was not on the list of the gems i can upgrade. There is only 13 gems there when that should be the 14th.

Did Blizzard remove the gem or something? Any ideas of what happened to it?
Not sure if you are serious or not, the boon of the hoarder gem drops from the goblin level only... so if you didn't do the goblin level, you don't have the gem and it's normal.
I ran into the same issue myself with the wreath of lightning gem but then I found it socketed in a ring that I thought I unsocketed it from. If the gem is in a socket on a piece of jewelry that your player is not wearing then it will not show up on the gem list when you go to upgrade it. Chances are you just misplaced it.
09/01/2014 07:42 PMPosted by Glacius
Not sure if you are serious or not, the boon of the hoarder gem drops from the goblin level only... so if you didn't do the goblin level, you don't have the gem and it's normal.

Seriously? I could of sworn I had it and it dropped in Grifts. I have not found a goblin realm yet. Guess I was dreaming....

edit: 2 sources im reading says farmable only from Grift bosses.
You can only get that gem in goblin realm outside of rifts (normal or greater). Goblin portal will never spawn inside rifts of any kind.

I just got one dropped after killing Greed.
you can only get the boon of the hoarder gem form the gobin treasure realm boss. it will not drop in greater from greater rift bosses. and golbin realms will cannot spawn in rifts.

so if you have never been to the goblin realm. you never got boon of the hoarder.

PS the only reason i even looked that this thread was because my own boon of the hoarder gem would become un-identified every time i left a game until i upgraded it and stuck it in my ring. which i found weird.
I just ran a Rift 12 and the Rift guardian dropped the Boon of the Hoarder. So you can get it without killing Ghreed.
I got it from a normal greater rift guardian after the patch.
09/01/2014 07:07 PMPosted by Synik
So, I looked EVERYWHERE in my stash and items for this gem, i cant find it at all. Its in no gear i have and not with my other gems.

happens to me all the time , usually i chill out on the green for a bit
It's true, Greater Rift Guardians now drop the Boon of the Hoarder Legendary Gem. I verified it myself twice, then had a friend verify it also.
01/14/2015 05:41 PMPosted by HulaBoy
I just ran a Rift 12 and the Rift guardian dropped the Boon of the Hoarder. So you can get it without killing Ghreed.

I think a Blue said it somewhere that if you have killed the Vault boss you can get the gem in GR provided you killed the boss from the Vault first. Also the gem must not be in your stash and on the character you are currently playing, i.e. the gem has to be on your mules or alt.