Goblin portals are freaking ridiculous

General Discussion
Prev 1 2 3 16 Next
I just want to say hats off to the artists and whomever else was involved in making that realm. It just feels so pleasing to the eye; the colors, and attention to detail, the little comedic touches to it. Absolutely amazing, I was laughing and quite enjoying my time there (and coming out a hundred mil richer was fantastic!).

-Just a player
08/27/2014 12:49 PMPosted by Korynthe
and I just spent like 10 hours playing t4 doing bounties, killed probably 30 gob pairs and not a single goblin hidden vault portal ...

count it .. 30 pairs, so at least 60 gobs ..

has it been confirmed that you cannot access the goblin portal in rifts?

Uhhh...yes...lol.
gold worthless this just puts the gold sellers out of business permanetly, nobody gonna buy gold for no amount of money when you can do one goblin rift for 100m. You have to be a idiot ot buy gold now.
In My opinion go Northern highlands and explore all the way up to leorics manor. Then go Halls of agony lvl 2.
30% of the time you will get 2 packs of goblins in northern, and 9/10 times at least 1. 100% in Halls of agony 2 though.

I was lucky, second gob pack in T6 i got the vault <3
Brand new account (not this one), playing Normal, went from 2 mil to 54 mil yesterday. 3 realms. Awesome!
08/27/2014 01:06 PMPosted by DoctorSatan
I agree...did nothing yesterday but gob hunting for 6 hrs (3-9pm) and continued today 2.5 hrs (and still going) in HoA lvl 2/North/South Highlands (T2-T3 for speed farming)...100+ gobs (paired all together since yesterday) and not a single rift...wut a joke...the exploit blizz did for creating such a hype for 2.1...guess they are laughing at the other end. For those of you who had ur "1": gob rift...gratz!

Just do Bounties....you are shooting yourself in the foot and blaming it on Blizz. I got 3 Vaults yesterday, not one of them from the Halls of Agony.
First lot of bouties I did this morning, vault opened, I was so happy, been very poor for a while now. Not a huge jump, but 17m at start 59m at the end, nice boost :). Was running my Crusader, got another FtF, and got a leg gem, good run really. But, they are really rare. I played most days on the PTR opened one only once out of lots of TGs.

BTW they have been nerfed. When I did get it on the PTR I made 230m in a run on T2.
08/27/2014 03:14 PMPosted by CoolSam
If you really wanna use these portals to a good advantage do this:

1.)Get a party of 4.
2.)Go Goblin hunting on Torment 6. Use Halls of Agony Level 2 as an easy location.
3.)When portal appears, all 4 of you wear Custerian Wristguards. They give a 1:1 Gold>Exp ratio.
4.)Up your Gold Find to at least 6,000%. It isn't difficult on T6 with 4 players.
5.)Enter and enjoy a free 200m+ Experience spike.
6.)Kill Greed and enjoy more Experience and Gold.
7.)Repeat Steps 2-7.

Actually abused this in PTR a lot. I doubt Blizzard can do anything without nerfing the item itself. It's good level 200-300 Paragon leveling if you're lucky.

Thanks Sam...you just don't get it, do you?

People like you have to brag and stoke their egos and show everybody how clever they are by publicizing this crap. Then some otherwise too-busy developer gets wind of it, and the nerf hammer comes down with frightening swiftness. Anybody who has played this game for more that 5 minutes know this.

Share it via Whisper chat with your friends, it will get around. Of course, one of those geniuses will want to be the first smart one in the group, and he'll post it publicly.

Rule of thumb; you find something fun or beneficial to the player in this game, you keep it to yourself, or you lose it for everyone.
i feel a hotfix coming up
08/27/2014 03:42 PMPosted by OldPro
Brand new account (not this one), playing Normal, went from 2 mil to 54 mil yesterday. 3 realms. Awesome!

ok and so how does the "luck seed on character generation" thing not get supported when you can have such different luck in 2 characters, being played by the same person...

why would RNG be so radically different from the same person?

again, i am not saying this is the case or that i even believe it, but i'm about to roll a new character and see what happens. if my new character is suddenly rolling in the good graces of the RNGesus.....
08/27/2014 03:50 PMPosted by OldPro
08/27/2014 03:14 PMPosted by CoolSam
If you really wanna use these portals to a good advantage do this:

1.)Get a party of 4.
2.)Go Goblin hunting on Torment 6. Use Halls of Agony Level 2 as an easy location.
3.)When portal appears, all 4 of you wear Custerian Wristguards. They give a 1:1 Gold>Exp ratio.
4.)Up your Gold Find to at least 6,000%. It isn't difficult on T6 with 4 players.
5.)Enter and enjoy a free 200m+ Experience spike.
6.)Kill Greed and enjoy more Experience and Gold.
7.)Repeat Steps 2-7.

Actually abused this in PTR a lot. I doubt Blizzard can do anything without nerfing the item itself. It's good level 200-300 Paragon leveling if you're lucky.

Thanks Sam...you just don't get it, do you?

People like you have to brag and stoke their egos and show everybody how clever they are by publicizing this crap. Then some otherwise too-busy developer gets wind of it, and the nerf hammer comes down with frightening swiftness. Anybody who has played this game for more that 5 minutes know this.

Share it via Whisper chat with your friends, it will get around. Of course, one of those geniuses will want to be the first smart one in the group, and he'll post it publicly.

Rule of thumb; you find something fun or beneficial to the player in this game, you keep it to yourself, or you lose it for everyone.

Apologies. I wasn't aware of the 900 other people bragging about the PTR level 100 Greater Rifting exploits that you didn't call out. Or the DoT exploits with the distance Leg gem that made DH's solo 45+ GR's. Or all the unkillable exploits that was bragged about in PTR.

You didn't call out any of the people posting about those much more beneficial exploits. You just called out a person not even talking about an exploit, but an in-game item's mechanic. How is giving someone a method to 100m+ Experience a run bad, when said method is a low % chance to unlock to begin with?

They removed the ability to Split Goblin farm in parties like "Goblin it Forward" did in PTR and even with the gold double gob event it's still a % chance. And an apparently low one at that. I called this out multiple times in General Chat back in PTR and I even told the entire community chat behind Goblin hunting about it. Blizzard didn't patch it up for official release.

You're calling me out on a leveling method that's obsolete at higher Paragons anyways. If you need 400-500m+ experience to level then what I typed was a waste of time. Anyone who can run level 30+ Greater Rifts can get more exp than what I just said and at a 100% chance to achieve anyways.

If you're going to blame someone for calling out methods of leveling and farming, might as well post that same message on every guide and forum topic and in every chat-room mentioning it.

I mentioned that Blizzard would just have to nerf the legendary in particular to fix this exploit. Which isn't even proper for leveling might I repeat as you'd need 7,000% Gold Find, 4 players, and the ability to fight with a potentially terrible specific legendary bracelet inside the Treasure Realm and/or Greed's bossfight on T6 no less. And I haven't even mentioned the potential of Greed's legendary gem drop. Or would you throw a hissy-fit over that too?

And the values of Treasure realm are actually lower than what everyone's getting during 100%+ Gold event. After it ends there is a good chance this will become further obsolete.
What difficulties have a chance at the portal? I was under the assumption this was a level 70 torment only event.

Nevermind. Found the info I was looking for.
08/27/2014 01:16 PMPosted by Galiath25
08/27/2014 01:06 PMPosted by DoctorSatan
For those of you who had ur "1": gob rift...gratz!

I farmed ~100 and only got 1 portal, and then I proceeded to collect my 200 mil gold.
Huge rewards are rare for a reason...unless you think its reasonable that I should have gotten 20 portals yesterday which would put me at 4 billion gold.

The only joke here is people's expectations.

Nah, man. I'm just here, enjoying the greatest forum ever created. Have a lovely day!
08/27/2014 12:49 PMPosted by Korynthe
has it been confirmed that you cannot access the goblin portal in rifts?

Indeed! The portal to The Vault will not spawn inside a Nephalem Rift (and Treasure Goblins don't spawn inside of Greater Rifts at all).

08/27/2014 01:35 PMPosted by DoctorSatan
Confirmed....not all portals gobs spawn is for Greed...just got portal to Whimsydale.

You, my friend, have found a very special type of Treasure Goblin. The Whimsyshire Goblin will occasionally pop his friendly face into Sanctuary, and when defeated, drops a portal to Whimsydale. Functionally, Whimsydale is identical to Whimsyshire - behind the scenes, the name was altered slightly in order to get the portal to function correctly.

If you've never visited the mystical land of murderous Unicorns, Cuddle Bears, and Twinkleroots, you can certainly hitch a ride there from this cute little guy instead!
08/27/2014 05:33 PMPosted by Nevalistis
You, my friend, have found a very special type of Treasure Goblin. The Whimsyshire Goblin will occasionally pop his friendly face into Sanctuary, and when defeated, drops a portal to Whimsydale. Functionally, Whimsydale is identical to Whimsyshire - behind the scenes, the name was altered slightly in order to get the portal to function correctly.

If you've never visited the mystical land of murderous Unicorns, Cuddle Bears, and Twinkleroots, you can certainly hitch a ride there from this cute little guy instead!

I think you should provide something of more incentive to go inside Whimsydale, because currently it's actually not beneficial at all and is more of a time waster. You're better off ignoring the portal and continue doing Bounties/Rifts.
Functionally, Whimsydale is identical to Whimsyshire - behind the scenes, the name was altered slightly in order to get the portal to function correctly.

As a programmer, I love little tidbits like this ^_^
Also, for those that think the portals are too generous, bear in mind that we currently have a community buff that provides both a 100% boost to Gold Find and a buff that spawns goblins in pairs instead of alone. Once that buff goes away, you'll see just how rare these portals really are.

Fun fact: I spent four hours playing today and was farming goblins and nothing but goblins, and no cigar on any portals. And that's with the buff, so it is currently just fine as is if it ends up being on average 2-4 hours per portal for those farming goblins only.
Caution: This cookie bites back.
murderous Unicorns

Correct me if I'm wrong, but those ponies don't have horns.