Goblin portals are freaking ridiculous

General Discussion
Prev 1 8 9 10 16 Next
With the bonus chest and a goldfind build, I'm at 3000% goldfind. Upon completing the goblin portal, I ended up with 65 million gold and a Boon Of The Hoarder legendary gem. The next couple hours were spent gathering around twenty million gold just killing stuff.

So, this is kind of what I wanted the game to be...a treasure hunt. I'm getting happier and happier by the moment. I used to hate this game about as much as I liked it. Now, I like it more than I hate it. Thanks for letting the players have fun...finally!
Hit lvl 70 char on HC still don se any !@#$y portal thx Blizzblamedyousomuch..Well going another char to 70 will se
Running bounties on normal 8/29 and opened two portals....just crazy!
LOL just got a portal in my first act 1 bounty run of the day, came out with 52 million gold, and a LOT of gems. Just what I needed!
RNG my friends....

I spent a couple days doing bounties trying to get the portal but lucked out. The last night i changed my monk build up and wanted to do some T6 tests with it. TP'd to weeping hollow, spawn right next to a pack of goblins, kill them and got the portal. Walked out with 120mil extra gold :)

You will get a portal when you are not actively searching for it :)
I'm hunting these gobs for 3 days with my friend, (40hr of play minimum) and NOT EVEN SINGLE PORTAL! I can't count the amout of gobs killed but its huge, i belive its a bug or blizz jokes on us... and mobs drops only blackthorne, scrimshaw (more than 10x) and rare items. Even rift guardian doesn't want to drop keystone of trials for more than 10 rift walks on T3.
Not single portal and u have: (chance to find gobs)*(chance to drop portal)*(chance to drop 1 of 3 portals that you want (whimsyshire, gobs land and finally vault)). SICK!

There is no place for fun in blizz games! Only anger because you can't drop anything that you want for more than 100hrs of playing.

Oh i forgot, when I was writing this, friend just dropped next blackthorne piece of umm...
Maybe there is something wrong with this loot system... maybe...
Keep trying.

I have found 7 portals. sometimes I hunt for an hour or so and find nothing and then I might get 2 in 15 minutes. I hunt for 30-60 minutes at a time and then go rift and Grift the rest of the day.
i have hunted and killed tons of gobby now. like Mevolent... no portal yet :(
*sigh*
Got two today :D, such riches!
Just got my Goldwrap belt (http://eu.battle.net/d3/en/item/goldwrap)
So now give me the hoarder gem so that way I become rich and immortal
The Gob rates are a joke. I ran over 1500 runs and got 1 vault now if I had gotten an insane amount of gold on 1 run great, but only got like 25 million gold. Now if it had been a torment 6 run then perhaps I would of gotten a lot of gold only torment 1 on my vault run, So have some kind of reasonable rate to get vaults. like at least 1 every 500 runs or so. But playing for days with insane runs and nothing is just a way to make people lose interest in playing.
I think Blizz should make it if you kill 60-100 gobs and you still don't get one then it should spawn right away. Kind of like the way Legs work, because I find it ridiculous that after hours of gameplay since the 2.1 release that I haven't gotten a single one. I will be happy just to experience just one so I can get it out of my system. I'm at the point of just rage quitting.
08/27/2014 01:06 PMPosted by DoctorSatan
I agree...did nothing yesterday but gob hunting for 6 hrs (3-9pm) and continued today 2.5 hrs (and still going) in HoA lvl 2/North/South Highlands (T2-T3 for speed farming)...100+ gobs (paired all together since yesterday) and not a single rift...wut a joke...the exploit blizz did for creating such a hype for 2.1...guess they are laughing at the other end. For those of you who had ur "1": gob rift...gratz!

Thanks,

I have had exactly one vault experience on normal mode and got my hoarders gem. Have killed hundreds of goblions since seasons came out and no portal yet.
I think I'm doing something wrong because I started counting the goblins and i'm up to 358 goblin kills and no vault. This was the one addition that kept me playing RoS and now I am getting to the point where I just don't believe any of you. These things don't exist, it's kind of like UFO photos, you can show me all the pictures and videos you want, I just don't believe! :(
Its becoming a game now, how many goblins can I kill without getting a vault! I really hope I make 400!
got gob on 2ndset. Split hunted (it works, you just have to be careful not to disturb the gobs when you see them), over 50 pairs and not 1 vault. Log in the next day and got 2 vaults in 3 gobs.

Once again RNG is RNG.......damn you SMK.....
Only got a Whimsy gob, which is a joke. If you have to change the name, why WhimsyDale? Why not "Don't waste your time in here"?

I just hope it won't count towards my chances at a real vault.
Up to 375 now!
09/03/2014 01:00 AMPosted by VisceralDeth
I think Blizz should make it if you kill 60-100 gobs and you still don't get one then it should spawn right away. Kind of like the way Legs work, because I find it ridiculous that after hours of gameplay since the 2.1 release that I haven't gotten a single one. I will be happy just to experience just one so I can get it out of my system. I'm at the point of just rage quitting.

Totally agree. How I would like to implement this is to use the first-time mechanism they are using right now with boss kills. You are guaranteed a goblin portal in maybe 10 kills, from which point on it can be as rare as Blizz is pleased with.
Got into 2 vaults so far. Both in T6 doing bounties(just don't ask why I was doing bounties in T6). Got nearly 200 mil all up out of it.
Yay, me!