Upcoming Hotfixes: Disabled Event Bounties

Blizzard Archive
Prev 1 9 10 11 12 Next
09/05/2014 06:00 AMPosted by Xpose
09/04/2014 09:00 PMPosted by icaroz

This is just bull!@#$.
You should rollback everone that did this exploit too lvl quick too 70.
Else you are telling everone that did lvl from 1-70 legal, %^-* you we dont care about exploits and players useing it as long as it many that use it.
If you arent rollbacking players, you are going out and telling everone that its okey too exploit in Diablo 3, since it wont be any rollback from players or a ban.

So im guessing its free too use what ever exploit that will come, without risking too get banned or rollbacked.
running a quest over and over for XP isn't an exploit. Blizzard finally saw how detrimental it was keeping it in the game as is and decided to adjust it. Albeit a bit slow since it was covered in the PTR.

Nothing about running the bounty was "Breaking the game" which is what an exploit is. This can only be performed on softcore due to the nature of the difficulty and constantly being one shotted. Learn the proper terminology before throwing out such things.

you should probaly learn what an exploit is.
Its when you take advantage of something not intended by the game's designers.
Like completing something on T6 with 0 gear, like you are not suppose too be avaible or do.
Blizzar should just remove there achivment and delevel them to lvl 1, but let them keep all gold,items etc..
And let them start again, since this is a ladder system with leaderboards and players are competing against each other, so the ones useing this explit did get an advantage to start getting gear and competing for world first achivments and get them before all legal players could even do it and even start with the grift alot faster then others.
I see this as cheating and exploiting
Posted by Lylirra
09/03/2014 06:00 PMPosted by Hawkeye
And why is this being applied to non-seasons?

Same reason. The way the events play out as bounties right now doesn't really align with and/or support our design goals, or what we'd like the game experience to be (not just for Seasons, but the game as a whole). In general, we'd prefer not to have the most efficient way to level up to 70 be running same 1-4 bounties that only require you to move around, stay alive, and not actually kill any threats over and over again. Ideally, we'd like the most efficient way to play to also be the most varied (and hopefully the most fun too). While this technique was used to level in Season 1, that gameplay exists in both Seasonal and non-Seasonal games.

In a future patch, we hope to return these bounties to the active pool (for everyone, Season and non-Season alike) in a form that involves the kind of demon murder we know and love. In the meantime, since these changes can't be hotfixed in, the bounty themselves have been disabled.

edits for clarity

Let me translate this for everyone. To many players have found a way to make the game fun for them and we cant have that. We must please our small group of hardcore fanboys and force everyone to play the game the way they want us to play it. Besides these bounties allow you to level faster than our fanboys who start with Act 1, then Act 2, etc and we cant have that. We want to promote diversity of play as long as that diversity is exactly what we want you to do :) Have a nice day.

+11111111111111111111

Edit: just to say I'm such a noob that I don't even know how to mate quotes of quotes =P
forget about MG
I'm doing another bounty, pretty easy to complete.
bounty spawns more freq than MG
can be done in 5 min or less
in T1 solo, gives me more exp than T6 MG solo
yes you have to kill some but pretty easy as it's only T1 and i'm using random junk gears i found.
09/05/2014 08:54 AMPosted by Stormer
Let me translate this for everyone. To many players have found a way to make the game fun for them and we cant have that. We must please our small group of hardcore fanboys and force everyone to play the game the way they want us to play it. Besides these bounties allow you to level faster than our fanboys who start with Act 1, then Act 2, etc and we cant have that. We want to promote diversity of play as long as that diversity is exactly what we want you to do :) Have a nice day.

It was indeed more fun trying to play through T6 content bounties as opposed to the ususal grind.
I gave up playing seasons quickly though since the legendaries didn't interest me.

The people who made the top leaderboards had to have an optimal group and luck to get those spots. Even GiG raged over someone making a simple mistake during a bounty run so you know the stakes were high for them (no matter how pointless it was in reality).

They should keep it the same instead of removing them outright at least for this season.

The damage is already done if it's really an issue for them.
So this has been in the game for how long, and streamers have been abusing it on non-season too/during PTR? and it's barely getting changed now? lol. The leveling aspect of seasons is boring, who cares who gets 70 first, the people who hit 70 in the US are nowhere near the top of the leaderboards.
09/03/2014 07:12 PMPosted by xNyudox
What you've done now is given the people who cheated their way to 70 and got tons of gold an advantage that someone who is starting a week late will never be able to catch up to.

The two who hit 70 an hour in a half into it are somewhere near the top of the leaderboards, albeit one of them not being close on the solo DH, the other one is though. Hitting 70 doesn't really mean much, this game is still RNG as are the seasons/greater rifts. Let's hope they listen to player feedback this time (stupid they even changed this, leveling is boring and the game begins at 70) and fix the damn greater rifts, cause they are 100% RNG. A level 25 rift can be much harder than a 30 rift if the 25 has no density or pylons but the 30 has good/great density and a pylon or even two.

09/03/2014 08:08 PMPosted by TheTias
Remove the walkway directly adjacent to the initially loweres Respledent Chest on the lift. This is where people hide to avoid fighting while it completes.

This hardly ever worked, 9/10 times you'd be running around avoiding death. Even as a Barb when I leaped down (started leveling it up) the imps still ran down after me.
Isn't that just typical of Blizzard to shut the door after the horse has bolted. So the people that took advantage of this are laughing whilst others are now left so far behind its ridiculous. Wake up and think next time either roll back and start again or at least leave the "cheat" in place for the rest of the season so all can take advantage. But this solution of course is beyond the brainpower of Blizzard sadly and yet again will lose many players because of it!
Great now Act1 is going to be more tedious to run now that two of the quickest bounties are gone...

#thankful
09/03/2014 06:12 PMPosted by CyberGoat
So... what's your design philosophy behind the PTR implementation?
Why wasn't feedback concerning these bounties address PRIOR to the official release of 2.1?
Why were complaints about xp/leveling on Adventure Mode and/or Bounties in general address in the myriad of threads?

This was never hidden knowledge. Any casual forum viewer could easily locate it.

What was the point of having test seasons on the PTR, again? In fact, what's the point of the PTR if valuable feedback such as the bounty "exploits" weren't addressed until 2.1 went live?

To waste time because they use PTR to extend their deadlines.
Thank you Blizzard. Maybe shoot the horse before he limps out of the gate rather then after the race is over.
It seems, after reading many of these comments, that there are a few choices.

1) Upgrade Season Campaign.

- more experience, more gold.
- scaling legendaries

By making it possible to progress your levels more quickly through campaign, more people will see it as a viable way to get to 70, especially if all legendaries (from act 3 and above) in campaign scale with your level - making this the only way to get such a legendary. This avoids 2 problems. One, out leveling your gear due to the enhanced experience gain, and Two, having useless items at level 70. The benefits of playing through the campaign to get to level 70 would make it a viable, albeit slightly more casual approach to getting your season character leveled up.

This combined with the large amount of achievements, should make seasonal campaign a positive leveling experience for those that choose that route.

2) It's not really starting over if you can run adventure mode content.

This theme is coming up over and over. This isn't a fair race - which is what you turned it in to - and as such, the question must be asked over and over, why is adventure mode available.

I didn't even know it WAS available in season because it made no sense. Once I learned that, I of course just started running bounties (albeit I was actually clearing all areas of their bounties because I found that a more entertaining way to grind through the levels) - so the obvious suggestion is...

Options:

- lock out acts if people haven't yet accessed those acts. If you are happy running bounties in act 1 then you don't have to advance in campaign, if you want access to other acts in adventure mode, they should be unlocked through character progression.

- reduce the rewards for bounties prior to level 60 to make them potentially more efficient than campaign, but also slow enough that they are still a road block to reaching 70. The race should be a marathon, not a sprint, or the whole process is a joke.

- Difficulty levels should be capped at master until level 60. This is a pretty obvious limitation for a "created fresh character" so it's hard to ascertain what possible reason they had for not applying this limitation. The obvious reason would appear to be that they didn't want to figure out how to disable that on characters that belonged to accounts with level 70s on it. Seasonal doesn't really mean completely starting over, it seems to mean starting without "tangible" benefits (paragon, gold, stash) - the account-based benefits seem intact.

Finally, the ladder/leaderboard system should have been points based

And when I say that, I mean specifically all "actions" and achievements should have been assigned values in terms of points for the ladder that meant that a guy at level 70 in 90 minutes certainly gained plenty of points, but someone reaching and killing the final boss of a specific section in the same period of time would actually have similar points because both achievements are equally impressive, though reached through different avenues.

Levels should not have been relevant, and reaching 70 super fast might actually not have been the best way to get to the top of the leaderboard. That sprint to 70 person might gain some traction with end game content on the leaderboard because those points are clearly high, but I would have made the points system work in such a way that 2 players who played season for X hours in the first week, generating the same general level of advancement through their chosen path would actually end the week in similar places on the leaderboard.
Well, I'm obviously the minority here, since I actually enjoy the story mode enough to play through it over and over and THEN work on leveling my characters past whatever level they've ended up at upon killing Malthael, but I have to say that this thread has provided me with a good amount of enjoyment today.

For the record, I fully agree with those of you who provided realistic ways of fixing the events in question. They sound very reasonable and much more likely to work for everyone involved rather than just removing the bounties outright.

Two of you fellow posters in particular really stood out for me, and I wanted to say something about that:

09/05/2014 08:54 AMPosted by Stormer

Haven't I seen you in the WoW side of the forums, with this EXACT rant about raids? I swear, if it's not you, then it's got to be your clone, because I find it hard to believe that two people would be that word-for-word exact in their ranting about two different games.

09/03/2014 09:02 PMPosted by Nurani
On a secondary note:

This change should NOT be applied until the current season ends. I'm not playing seasons, so I don't really care about conquests or Seasonal players happiness. In fact I welcome them to misery; With that said, I do NOT think it's appropriate to change the rules in the middle of the game.

You are someone I could be friends with. While I DO play seasonal (more to compete directly with my RL family and friends because that's what I find fun), I'm not at all concerned with being on any leaderboards, so the misery of others is something I love seeing as well. And this thread is full of it.

Lastly, I will state that since the bounties are being removed, here's what I think Blizz really should do to deal with the leaderboard whiners: Reset the entire leaderboard, reset all seasonal characters back to level 1 and extend Season 1 by a couple of weeks to let players try to claw their way back up there again. And in my humble opinion, if someone REALLY wants on there, they'll find a way.
09/05/2014 09:36 AMPosted by killbot
forget about MG
I'm doing another bounty, pretty easy to complete.
bounty spawns more freq than MG
can be done in 5 min or less
in T1 solo, gives me more exp than T6 MG solo
yes you have to kill some but pretty easy as it's only T1 and i'm using random junk gears i found.

Clear the Hell Rift is old bro. The gold rate was nerfed already, next I'm sure they'll hit the Exp.
09/03/2014 06:08 PMPosted by Lylirra
09/03/2014 06:00 PMPosted by Hawkeye
And why is this being applied to non-seasons?

Same reason. The way the events play out as bounties right now doesn't really align with and/or support our design goals, or what we'd like the game experience to be (not just for Seasons, but the game as a whole). In general, we'd prefer not to have the most efficient way to level up to 70 be running same 1-4 bounties that only require you to move around, stay alive, and not actually kill any threats over and over again. Ideally, we'd like the most efficient way to play to also be the most varied (and hopefully the most fun too). While this technique was used to level in Season 1, that gameplay exists in both Seasonal and non-Seasonal games.

In a future patch, we hope to return these bounties to the active pool (for everyone, Season and non-Season alike) in a form that involves the kind of demon murder we know and love. In the meantime, since these changes can't be hotfixed in, the bounty themselves have been disabled.

edits for clarity

I don't know if this was brought up at any point, but I think for efficiency purposes would be awesome if the yellow marker that tells you where to go after a long period would show up instantly, as soon as you start the bounty. It's really tedious sometimes just going around a huge map and then realizing that the objective was at the far end on the other side. Take the spider den for instance, I just hate that map, lol, it seems that I always end at the opposite corner from where the objective is, no matter what I do. Sometimes I just quit the game or restart it because of stuff like this, knowing that finding those objectives would take me forever, or just too lazy to know that that'll happen in other Act. Now if somehow I'm in a lucky streak and find my objectives really fast that kinda drives me to keep going, jumping from Act to Act and end up having tons of fun :D
BTW, here's another example of why this is tedious, and having the marker right at the beginning would solve this problem:

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/14057517156
You do realise that you gave a huge advantage to the elite and others who got in early and completely shat on the casual players? I was really looking forward to trying this out when i got time, but now it tastes sour.

You should have listened earlier. I expected that you would let this be, atleast, for the first season.

I expect that you do a better job then this, and i expect that you want us to feel we can trust that you make the right decisions. Its obvious that this need a fix, but you chose not to listen and it is already to late.

I suggest you open the bountys that so many have taken advantage of already and fix it for season 2.
What needs to be fixed is the ability of players to close down a rift when other players are trying to clean out the entire level. I have had too many juvenile players that once the rift guardian has been defeated they teleport back to town then close the rift and leave the game while the other players are still in the rift. Players should be polled on the closing before it happens. If one player votes no it should remain open.
09/03/2014 05:57 PMPosted by Lylirra
One of our ongoing goals
Should be to listen to the players when they raise these concerns for MONTHS during the PTR..

You do realize ALL the top players reached level 70 w/ NO MOB KILLS...none!

Season one is borked, we tried to tell you months ago.
09/03/2014 06:12 PMPosted by Hawkeye
Same reason. They don't really align with and/or support our design goals (not just for Seasons, but the game as a whole).

09/03/2014 05:57 PMPosted by Lylirra
In Season 1, many players were able to quickly level their heroes and earn a coveted rank on the "Race to the Top" leaderboard exclusively by running the bounties in question.

And you see no contradiction between your two statements there?

What's the contradiction?
hey, we should be lucky, they could have removed that one bounty that everyone just loves and never considers to log out just to get a different one.. Queen Araneae.... (not that it is hard, just time consuming and kinda breaks my flow in speed bounty farming.. ;-)
I guess I play this game wrong, I go through multiple campaigns to level before I do bounties with that 'toon, it's like he hasn't earned the right. So my complaint isn't about the leaderboard or nerfing or Blizz's failure to pay any attention to PTR....

I can't even play a Season unless I delete one of the different types of toons I have (one of each class in soft and H/C). You want me to have diverse and varied play style and then punish me for it.

Thanks....