Current WORLD Solo leader board Ranking 9/12/14 *update

General Discussion
1 2 3 8 Next
Current world leader board as of this post, for people who are unaware of other regions and how things are going.

DH - 43
Barb - 43
Wiz - 42
Wd - 41
Cru - 41
Monk - 40

One week in, expect the gap to close even further by next week and even more as time passes just as it did in Ptr when all classes were 3 rifts apart.

I will update over time, if your from another region feel free to post with an update over time since I'm not always checking all the regions.

Keep in mind this is still early and subject to change, Blizzard has already announced they are going to be buffing other class pets especially in the survivability department so don't fret pet WD and wizard hydra is still bugged took so I expect classes to move even closer after these tweaks.

I do feel as time progresses we will have a clearer idea of what needs to be done, I personally feel monks and crusaders might need some tweaking to catch up especially monks but time will tell.

Thanks a lot!
Reserved
Thats what every single is trying to say but 1 meatheaded witch doctor is throwing tantrums cuz he is a little kid and spaming entire forums with nerf posts.
well it seems that 4 levels can make quite a difference with greater rifts, as far as the power and difficulty of the content goes. Of course, that doesnt mean that the characters on top have to be nerfed. But its worth looking into the matter - in the case of Blizzard this sadly means nerfs most of the time ...
08/31/2014 08:33 PMPosted by CrniVuk
well it seems that 4 levels can make quite a difference with greater rifts, as far as the power and difficulty of the content goes. Of course, that doesnt mean that the characters on top have to be nerfed. But its worth looking into the matter - in the case of Blizzard this sadly means nerfs most of the time ...

But that's just it, it's been only a week, a week lol and people are jumping to conclusions. The facts are there and just like ptr as time progresses the gap closes and they will be within 3 rifts apart. Nevermind that Blizzard already said they are buffing all other class pets in the near future which will further close the gap. People need to realize this lol.

It's like the whole loot argument that one person isn't getting any loot so all drops are bad but their sample size and play time are minimal so you can't base any proper judgement on that. But if you have more information, time and sample size it averages out. Same thing here but people choose to ignore it as the evidence starts coming in.
No1 levels do not mean much, as its about density/mob type luck.

There are 9 players ! over lvl36 on US+EU combined at monks lol. While as lvl36 you may not even get on the leaderboard of DH.
There are 12 Barb players above lvl36 on US+EU combined.

There should be an average GR lvl reached of top1000 displayed to give any relevant idea about class balance in top1000.
No1 levels do not mean much., as its about density/mob type luck.

There are 9 players ! over lvl36 on US+EU combined at monks lol. While as lvl36 you may not even get on the leaderboard of DH.

There should be an average GR lvl reached of top1000 displayed to give any relevant idea about class balance in top1000.

Both methods have their bias. Probably nobody is playing Monk due to its current state plus there're a ton of bandwagon jumpers playing DH right now.
08/31/2014 08:52 PMPosted by Bodoka

I'm pretty sure everybody is in agreement that monks can use some love. Or a lot of love. Crusaders could probably use some too and WDs are an easy fix by increasing the DR pets get from enforcer to something like 80 or 90% so pet doctor can at least be viable in higher tiers instead of instantly losing all of their pets. DH isn't that far ahead of barb and wizard and that gap is sure to close in the coming weeks.

Not a valid argument this early because most classes had their entire meta game change in 2.1 as new sets and builds became the more powerful than their pre 2.1 counterparts and sadly the average player does not keep up with ptr or the forums period to know about these meta game changes. DH didn't have anything change the same gear that was best pre 2.1 is basically the same no regearing or build changes involved like the other classes but again this leads to a quick start bit balances out of time as the rest catch up which is already becoming self evident.

Hence most monks were zdps or 1k raiment users but the new meta is sunwuko and I am sure most monks didn't even bother with that set before 2.1 and didn't expect it to be the new bis lol. But this issue will solve itself as time progresses and more people catch up and use the new top dog builds. Same applies to firebird wizard raekor barb etc.

Not to say I don't want monks buffed, in fact they still deserve more buffs and would gladly welcome it especially to their 6 set which is overshadowed by their 4 set now.

That said with time people will gear to their new meta game and move on up, the top dogs of their respective classes already did this before 2.1 even dropped knowing certain sets and builds would be better.
WDs don't suck, some are just pissed that they are no longer owning as they did before.
08/31/2014 08:57 PMPosted by Salzwer
No1 levels do not mean much., as its about density/mob type luck.

Both methods have their bias. Probably nobody is playing Monk due to its current state plus there're a ton of bandwagon jumpers playing DH right now.

Yeah that is a very valid point, just like most Monks having to completely regear in 2.1, while DHs not. Also being strong for 5months in ROS a class can get lot more paragon level stats in shorter time to give them the edge in top spots even if the classes would have similar dps/survival from 2.1.
Posted by a demon hunter.
08/31/2014 09:04 PMPosted by METATRON

Not a valid argument this early because most classes had their entire meta game change in 2.1 as new sets and builds became the more powerful than their pre 2.1 counterparts and sadly the average player does not keep up with ptr or the forums period to know about these meta game changes. DH didn't have anything change the same gear that was best pre 2.1 is basically the same no regearing or build changes involved like the other classes but again this leads to a quick start bit balances out of time as the rest catch up which is already becoming self evident.

Hence most monks were zdps or 1k raiment users but the new meta is sunwuko and I am sure most monks didn't even bother with that set before 2.1 and didn't expect it to be the new bis lol. But this issue will solve itself as time progresses and more people catch up and use the new top dog builds. Same applies to firebird wizard raekor barb etc.

Not to say I don't want monks buffed, in fact they still deserve more buffs and would gladly welcome it especially to their 6 set which is overshadowed by their 4 set now.

That said with time people will gear to their new meta game and move on up, the top dogs of their respective classes already did this before 2.1 even dropped knowing certain sets and builds would be better.

I think "Meta game" means nothing in practice for 90% of players? Why? Because getting the items/rolls/paragon levels the meta needs, players have to spend hundreds, mostly thousands of hours playing, what most players wont do (or at least not with same game called Diablo 3)

Fully agree with the part where MA6 DH not having to regear much, just some jewellry changes/ramalandi. While all my monk is useless since OWE got removed and CDR lovers won. Still nerfing preparation was made to slow them down a bit, it is just not enough.

Even if you just check the 10. top player from each class:

US+EU

DH: lvl40
Wiz: lvl38
Monk/Barb/Crus/WD: lvl36

4 levels difference is a lot on top10 levels. It's huge defense/attack power/movement ratio difference. That being said I do not even think about playing anything else in GR to get gems, than my DH. So does most, as time is money, gems are transferable.
08/31/2014 09:24 PMPosted by Bodoka
4 levels difference is a lot on top10 levels.

2X monster HP and no idea about monster dmg.
<span class="truncated">...</span>

I think "Meta game" means nothing in practice for 90% of players? Why? Because getting the items/rolls/paragon levels the meta needs, players have to spend hundreds, mostly thousands of hours playing, what most players wont do (or at least not with same game called Diablo 3)

Fully agree with the part where MA6 DH not having to regear much, just some jewellry changes/ramalandi. While all my monk is useless since OWE got removed and CDR lovers won. Still nerfing preparation was made to slow them down a bit, it is just not enough.

Even if you just check the 10. top player from each class:

US+EU

DH: lvl40
Wiz: lvl38
Monk/Barb/Crus/WD: lvl36

4 levels difference is a lot on top10 levels. It's huge defense/attack power/movement ratio difference. That being said I do not even think about playing anything else in GR to get gems, than my DH. So does most, as time is money, gems are transferable.

Again your not taking into account that since the gearing changed its going to take time for everyone else to balance out you can't gauge anything in less than a week in lol which is my point as time progresses watch the balance happen naturally as it did in PTR but everyone keeps avoiding that.

Again your not taking into account that since the gearing changed its going to take time for everyone else to balance out you can't claim nerf less than a week in lol which is my point as time progresses watch the balance happen naturally as it did in PTR but everyone keeps avoiding that.

I never called for nerf. I would ask for AI, ability buffs for mobs to make life of DH harder to kill stuff.
(turn sentries against DH - Petmaster affix for example, give serious ranged dot abilities to dumb zombies etc.)

Actually no balance happened on PTR, there were just various methods, "exploits"/very rare items used to keep up (EP, Furnace, high lvl gems, party leaving game for solo kill etc.) and those just among the very few who actually bothered with PTR.

We not even talked about the player skill, time required to get those specific items needed to get certain lvl of GR done. In that regard i got full MA6 in 2 days due to RiF, as many did, I still hardly played it, noob at it, but feels cakewalk compared to monk or barb as I can ignore 90% of elite affixes due to sentries.

Try to make a Sunwuko CDR monk requiring pretty much specific items with very specific rolls + high paragon to reach the levels of 1000. DH on leaderboards, requiring low latency, faster reflexes, top of the line player skill cooldown usage, no AI controlled invulnerable pets killing everything.
Who can clear the highest level zombie map you say?